Please, don't shoot the messenger. Just wanted to post this here and see what people's thoughts on this are.

BlackBerry Falls on Reports of Weakening Sales, Returns of Z10 - Bloomberg

�The U.S. launch of the Z10 started poorly and weakened significantly as the days passed,� Joseph Fersedi, an analyst at ITG Investment Research, said today in a note, citing information from independent dealers. Some U.S. retailers are seeing a significant increase in customers returning their Z10s because they find the interface unintuitive, Detwiler Fenton & Co. said today.
    �In several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before,� Detwiler Fenton said.

Thoughts?
    BergerKing and Enyigma like this.
    04-11-13 11:05 AM
    You'd better run, squirrel...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:11 AM
    Interesting. I will wait to see what some of the more knowledgeable users have to say about Bloomberg and their long-term relationship with Blackberry.... I have come to realize that there is a lot of bias against them when it comes to financial reporting.

-Chris-
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-11-13 11:12 AM
    “In several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before,” Detwiler Fenton said.[/I]
    Really, never seen it before eh, cause how is it even possible? You sell 50 and 100 are returned? Sure…
    04-11-13 11:25 AM
    I read this too. There is a message here for Blackberry marketing. There is a learning curve for those coming from any other platform. BB must make that easy for those not devoted to Blackberry. It took me about 3 days, spending a lot of time with the Z10, before I reached the point that I was comfortable with it. Now I really like it - baring the very serious email server incompatibility which remains unfixed.

The Z10 does not work like the iPhones/Android or the old Blackberry. On first touch it is not always clear just how to make it work. So at the store, people pick it up and swipe or look for a button to push. If it does not immediately respond with something they can intuitively relate to then they decide against using it more. They don't want something that makes them look dumb or something that does not appear to do something they understand. With a row of 20 or so similar looking devices on display, they quickly move to the next one.

The Playbook had a similar problem. One had to swipe up to get it to work but there was nothing on the display to tell people that (for the first year or so). The sales people typically don't know much about the various devices and were of little help. So people just dismissed it out of hand with "it does not work."

Blackberry can't count of the carriers sales people to fill this gap. BB Marketing needs to find a way to fill the gap itself. Perhaps they need to modify the UI a bit. With the large body of entrenched iPhone users, it is a challenge for BB to get people to invest the time to figure this thing out.

An unfortunate issue with BB is that traditionally they depended on company IT groups to handle the training of employees as well as configuration and so on. When BB started marketing directly to the public with the Playbook, they missed the boat because they did not have that IT buffer to smooth over the rough edges. Lets hope they are not repeating that mistake here.
    04-11-13 11:27 AM
    Really, never seen it before eh, cause how is it even possible? You sell 50 and 100 are returned? Sure�
    I think this sums up that report quite effectively.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:28 AM
    “The U.S. launch of the Z10 started poorly and weakened significantly as the days passed,” Joseph Fersedi, an analyst at ITG Investment Research, said today in a note, citing information from independent dealers. Some U.S. retailers are seeing a significant increase in customers returning their Z10s because they find the interface unintuitive, Detwiler Fenton & Co. said today.
    “In several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before,” Detwiler Fenton said.

Thoughts?
    Yes. If Apple released iOS 7 tomorrow with identical gestures, the media would consider them "intuitive" within a day.
    04-11-13 11:28 AM
    I think this sums up that report quite effectively.

Posted via CB10
    Im pretty sure they are talking about daily sales and not total phones sold(it would be higher at launch so it would take awhile to work its way back to the even point).. Like they sold 4 today but 5 were returned.... Either way, still not good.....
    21stNow and BerryWizard like this.
    04-11-13 11:33 AM
    Really, never seen it before eh, cause how is it even possible? You sell 50 and 100 are returned? Sure…
    I wondered about that as well but here is the actual quote:

Several U.S. retailers have seen a pickup in Z10 returns, says Detwiler Fenton in a note that could be pressuring BlackBerry (BBRY -5.2%). Detwiler, which also issued a downbeat note on Z10 demand last month, adds the pace of returns in some cases is exceeding the pace of sales
    So it is not returns exceeding sales, it is the pace of returns exceeding the pace of sales in some cases.

Here's an example of how it could happen:
    Week 1: 100 sales, 5 returns
    Week 2: 50 sales, 20 returns
    Week 3: 25 sales, 26 returns (the week one people returning before the grace period runs out)
    04-11-13 11:34 AM
    No, you sell 100 last week, 50 this week BUT you get 70 returns this week from last week's sale so this week you are 20 down.
    millerliteboy, Etios and mousmah like this.
    04-11-13 11:37 AM
    Quite honestly don't care, I have a brill z10, q10 is just around the corner in next two weeks, 10.1 will improve most minor bugs and playbook with 10 on it will arrive at some point quile a bit of momentum building up I think
    04-11-13 11:39 AM
    They just want to cover their short position before the Q10 releases. If the 2 millions Q10 order from the Chinese is credible, there is going be a big short covering. I don't believe it; I upgraded from an Iphone 4S to Z10 from ATT and it took me only 10 minutes to read through manual even though I am a slow reader.
    04-11-13 11:40 AM
    If figuring out four gesture swipe actions and reading the manual is too complicated you better stick with Apple. If customers can use Samsung devices they should be able to use BlackBerry 10 devices. Coming from BlackBerry physical devices and Apple touch devices I got the hang of it in a minute. Sure I didn't figure out absolute everything straight away but that's half the fun.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 11:49 AM
    Can some one do the math for me? How can returns EXCEED sales? If I am a retailer and I sell 20 phones do i actually take 25 back in return?
    R Field likes this.
    04-11-13 11:54 AM
    The user interface is intuitive and much easier than any other all-touch smartphones. Coming from a traditional BlackBerry smartphone I was pleasantly surprised.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 11:54 AM
    Please, don't shoot the messenger. Just wanted to post this here and see what people's thoughts on this are.

BlackBerry Falls on Reports of Weakening Sales, Returns of Z10 - Bloomberg

�The U.S. launch of the Z10 started poorly and weakened significantly as the days passed,� Joseph Fersedi, an analyst at ITG Investment Research, said today in a note, citing information from independent dealers. Some U.S. retailers are seeing a significant increase in customers returning their Z10s because they find the interface unintuitive, Detwiler Fenton & Co. said today.
    �In several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before,� Detwiler Fenton said.

Thoughts?
    Funny,
    this is report based only on assumption and rumor. I want to have a better picture of how Z10 is doing just read the review from users on AT&T, Amazon virezon.. etc etc.
    there were about $156M BBRY in short last report (03/28/13) so it won't surprise me if they are feeling the pressure to cover before Q10 goes on sale.
    BergerKing and 2 Phonez like this.
    04-11-13 11:55 AM
    I wondered about that as well but here is the actual quote:
    So it is not returns exceeding sales, it is the pace of returns exceeding the pace of sales in some cases.

Here's an example of how it could happen:
    Week 1: 100 sales, 5 returns
    Week 2: 50 sales, 20 returns
    Week 3: 25 sales, 26 returns (the week one people returning before the grace period runs out)
    No, you sell 100 last week, 50 this week BUT you get 70 returns this week from last week's sale so this week you are 20 down.
    So, it�s misquoted� that makes it all better�
    Can some one do the math for me? How can returns EXCEED sales? If I am a retailer and I sell 20 phones do i actually take 25 back in return?
    Only if someone is committing fraud.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    PH_BB likes this.
    This is just a conspiracy to bring bbry down. Remember, who us really behind Apple and Google. In other oarts of the there us no such thing as returning of the z10, in fact we do not have ample stocks. Yeah, just think if theZ10 is an apple product, what us the market's response. Im totally discussed with return if Z10 matters.

Posted via CB10
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-11-13 11:56 AM
    It's believable... I got mine over 2-weeks ago and I still haven't found the "Home" button!

What they failed to mention is those same people are walking out with JitterBug phones...

Z10 return numbers?-download.jpg
    04-11-13 11:56 AM
    Has it dawned on anybody that a bunch of the people returning Z10s could be like the vast majority of this forum where people just prefer a keyboard over a touch screen and so after testing the Z10 for a bit they rather return ir and buy the Q10??

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 11:58 AM
    Someone do math for me. How many Zs were kept using the above example? Sometimes I wish I hadn't slept during math class................
    04-11-13 12:01 PM
    If the return is due to exchange or switch to the q10, then its quite acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    At least they could say because of random rebooting. Everything new is not intuitive including iOS.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    If only BBRY can bow down to the Jewish controlling economy and the illuminati who are controlling the world economy, then i think the Z10 and bbry will be accepted in the US. This is just a conspiracy to bring bbry down. Remember, who us really behind Apple and Google. In other oarts of the there us no such thing as returning of the z10, in fact we do not have ample stocks. Yeah, just think if theZ10 is an apple product, what us the market's response. Im totally discussed with return if Z10 matters.

Posted via CB10
    BBRY will be fine it's going to take time remember Android when APPL was AT&T exclusive.
    BBRY have more chance because they already have a base they only need to make good phone and really put it (advertise) in front off the consumer and be a little patient.
    04-11-13 12:02 PM
247 123 ...