I phone 4s is free on some carriers... i don't get your logic.

Galaxy S 3 and iPhone 5 are free on some carriers with trade in, but both of those phones are apparently better than Z10... but better phones cost more. Logic Fail!

Posted via CB10
    Those phones have all been out for years or many months. Logic this. Z10 is brand new!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    bobshine likes this.
    04-12-13 02:52 AM
    iphone has this problem when it was first released. every new gadgets has a learning curve. i think the news was a bit exaggerated and the source (Detwiler Fenton & Co) came from a poor company and its website is down. totally unreliable.
    04-12-13 04:12 AM
    But I’m paying (a lot of) money for these gadgets. I’m not willing to be a guinea pig for BBRY or any other manufacturer.
    m1a1mg and aniym like this.
    04-12-13 04:27 AM
    This information is not good for the sales records, but this is good for the community department to show what they and BlackBerry communities around the globe can do to improve users experience for BlackBerry 10, Z10 In this case.

I spent my Saturday morning for about these last 2 weeks to stand by in one of operator shop to help new Z10 users to use and maximizing their Z10 at no charge.

Why I do this? Simple, I love BlackBerry 10 and I want to see this OS gains success in the smartphone market. And I love to share what I know and can do to others. and, finally, I want to actively participate in making BlackBerry 10 successful.

I hope I can do this at every Saturday morning.

Sent from My White Z10
    04-12-13 04:29 AM
    How about you suck my jubblies. I'm sure they have better things to do than get rocked with phone calls over return rates of a phone.
    So you don't want us to check out your statement. If that is the case, your statement is worthless.
    04-12-13 05:49 AM
    Had mine for almost 2 months and I'm putting it up on ebay on Sunday. Tried my best to give it time and a chance but there are just too many short comings. I really couldn't recommend it to any one over its other big competitors... oh oh well maybe the keyboard but other than that this phone gas been a big fail imo
    04-12-13 07:37 AM
    Please, don't shoot the messenger. Just wanted to post this here and see what people's thoughts on this are.

BlackBerry Falls on Reports of Weakening Sales, Returns of Z10 - Bloomberg

�The U.S. launch of the Z10 started poorly and weakened significantly as the days passed,� Joseph Fersedi, an analyst at ITG Investment Research, said today in a note, citing information from independent dealers. Some U.S. retailers are seeing a significant increase in customers returning their Z10s because they find the interface unintuitive, Detwiler Fenton & Co. said today.
    �In several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before,� Detwiler Fenton said.

Thoughts?
    It is about time!! Several reports this morning where BB is seeking a regulator probe of some of these false short sellers imformercials!
    04-12-13 07:51 AM
    Had mine for almost 2 months and I'm putting it up on ebay on Sunday. Tried my best to give it time and a chance but there are just too many short comings. I really couldn't recommend it to any one over its other big competitors... oh oh well maybe the keyboard but other than that this phone gas been a big fail imo
    Thanks for letting us know. I couldn't sleep last night wondering what you were going to do. Best of luck.
    04-12-13 08:01 AM
    Thanks for letting us know. I couldn't sleep last night wondering what you were going to do. Best of luck.
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    Scott Lefebvre, fedakd and seacan2 like this.
    04-12-13 08:02 AM
    04-12-13 08:48 AM
    Haha... this return story is starting to look like that Pentagon and UK government story.

Did you guys noticed how weird and how quickly a bunch of new crackberry members with little posting history showed up to dish BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 and Prince_Poppycock like this.
    04-12-13 09:13 AM
    Premium phone?? It is selling on Amazon for $99! That is not a premium phone. With it's dirth of software it is more like a flip phone.
    Apple and android are dead these guys are realizing gnust how dangerous blackberry is it won't be long before hour completely broke if you keep hanging onto those apple shares
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-12-13 09:16 AM
    Apple and android are dead these guys are realizing gnust how dangerous blackberry is it won't be long before hour completely broke if you keep hanging onto those apple shares
    Wow! I have a BB Bold 9930 love it....but to say Apple and Androids are "Dead", really? You've had too much Blackberry...WINE. It's nice to support BlackBerry, but you sound like an anti-troll, not a intelligent Crackberry Addict.
    04-12-13 09:54 AM
    Those phones have all been out for years or many months. Logic this. Z10 is brand new!

Sure, it doesn't look good that they are cutting the price for the Z10. There obviously isn't as much demand for the device and it's up against stiff competition from iPhones, Androids (old and the new ones coming out), and even Lumias. Naturally, you would drop the price to increase sales, it's just economics. At this price it will be more attractive for some.

This does NOT imply that the product is not premium or is premium or whatever else you are implying. If your objective was to upset people here or make people feel bad for liking and supporting Blackberry then well done!

Following your lead, I am going to register on iMore and tell people how Apple is going down and Android is going to win because of its superior hardware and flexible OS. I will also register on Android Central and say that Android is fragmented and unstable and the user experience is flawed so iPhone is the best. Finally, I will register on WP Central and say that Windows 8 sales are poor, WP8 has no support from Windows, and despite the Lumia sales WP still only has about a 3% subscriber market share in the US.
    jay_men likes this.
    04-12-13 09:59 AM
    Read this article just published today and it tells whats going on?

BlackBerry to ask for probe into report on Z10 returns | Mobile - CNET News
    04-12-13 10:17 AM
    Lmao its so amazing how u fan boys get so sarcastic and defensive. Like get a life, really...
    AjaxMilanBarcaSC likes this.
    04-12-13 10:30 AM
    Or it could be they sold 6 phones 1 day,8 phones next day, 1 phone next day and 2 were returned. You then have 100% more returned than sold! This is why BB asked to see their report and methodology. If you don't know how the analysts came up with numbers, they could be talking about the above situation. Just saw a blurb on CBC where analysts say they have no financial interest in BB, implying they have no reason to knock the share down. However, I bet they are in close contact with a firm that has a short position. These firms all work together to manipulate share prices up and down.
    04-12-13 11:45 AM
    Lmao its so amazing how u fan boys get so sarcastic and defensive. Like get a life, really...
    Your post would have been better here, http://forums.crackberry.com/general...7/index77.html
    rather than being off topic in a thread about a firm leaking misinformation about the Z10 which has absolutely nothing to do with you not liking the Z10.
    seacan2 and anon(832122) like this.
    04-12-13 11:45 AM
    Who needs to get a life?

A "fanboy" on a website devoted to what he likes.
    or
    A person who creates an account on a website of a product he doesn't like with the sole intention or being a troll.
    04-12-13 02:19 PM

I'm nowhere near stupid, but although I must admit the Z10 is a great PHONE...the BlackBerry 10 OS is far from intuitive, and the gesture-only navigation method seems foreign. Yes, it's a steep learning curve...and more of one than most smartphone users want to tackle. BlackBerry shouldn't have been so arrogant as to think they would...especially on a device that was moved to market as the savior of a sinking ship.

Sorry if I'm being blunt, but perhaps you aren't as "far from stupid" as you would like to think. Either that or you aren't being as forthcoming as you would like us to think (I think this is more likely)

My fianc� freely admits that she is far behind on technology and didn't even know that our Torches had a virtual keyboard (she admitted this as the salesmen was asking her if she often used the virtual keyboard on her phone), yet somehow, she was magically able to setup all her accounts and familiarize herself with the phone on the car ride home from the store without any help. I even tried showing her some little tips and tricks when we got home but she already knew them.

So please, please explain to me how people can't seem to master a swipe?

EDIT: To be fair, I did have to back up all her info from her 9800 and use BB Link to bring it over for her but that isn't really an OS short coming.
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-12-13 02:49 PM

no.

the logic was that the price of the phone is equal to the 'goodness' of it... and MANY people, including in this thread, are saying that the S3 and iphone are better than Z10. The two statements do not work together. Regardless of how long they have been out if people are saying they are currently better than the Z10 then their current price should reflect that, unless price does not reflect 'goodness'.

that is all i was saying
    grover5 likes this.
    04-12-13 03:26 PM
    Sure, it doesn't look good that they are cutting the price for the Z10. There obviously isn't as much demand for the device and it's up against stiff competition from iPhones, Androids (old and the new ones coming out), and even Lumias. Naturally, you would drop the price to increase sales, it's just economics. At this price it will be more attractive for some.

This does NOT imply that the product is not premium or is premium or whatever else you are implying. If your objective was to upset people here or make people feel bad for liking and supporting Blackberry then well done!

Following your lead, I am going to register on iMore and tell people how Apple is going down and Android is going to win because of its superior hardware and flexible OS. I will also register on Android Central and say that Android is fragmented and unstable and the user experience is flawed so iPhone is the best. Finally, I will register on WP Central and say that Windows 8 sales are poor, WP8 has no support from Windows, and despite the Lumia sales WP still only has about a 3% subscriber market share in the US.
    this!
    AjaxMilanBarcaSC likes this.
    04-12-13 04:43 PM
    Well, it is pretty obvious from BB's request for an investigation into the story by market regulators that the story the OP referenced is either fabricated or purposefully misleading. It just seems like these market analysts aren't required to come up with any facts, just a few quotes from a source that is not revealed.
    seacan2 likes this.
    04-12-13 05:09 PM
    I just visited the AT&T store where I bought my Z10 and asked them about returns. The manager said they have had none returned.

This store also sold all 10 they had on the first day. I asked about continuing sales after the first day and she said people are continuing to come in and buy it. She added that those who do buy it come in are asking for it and are not interested in anything other than the Z10. They are current Blackberry owners. This store is in an area where a lot of the people are employed by the US government, DOD, and related contractors. The people working at these places are quite likely established Blackberry users.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-12-13 06:08 PM
    iphone - kids/teens/granny phone @ people who have yet to matured and aged around 70++..(easy straight forward phone..use less brain)
    Which of these would be the professionals I see on the Metro every single day with their iPhones in hand? Oh,...and my boss who is late 30s....and my team mate who is late 20s to early 30s....and my program manager who is early 40s....

android - nerds phone (rooting whatsoever..aircrack bla bla bla)
    I've never rooted any of my Androids. Run them all stock.

windows - uncategorized..
    I would say undefined, as those who will try something aside from the leading two.

blackberry - enterprise business phone made for professional (this kind of people do not play games too much..apps?..whatsapp maybe)
    Made for professionals, with that core group, Blackberry almost ceased to exist. Additionally, if this is for people who do not play games, why was there such an uproar of happiness when Angry Birds came to the Z10?

Nothing is more irrelevant than the rehashing of stereotypes that have nothing to do with reality. All modern smartphones are moving towards the middle, business and productivity functionalities as well as entertainment all in one device. Don't fall into the polarisation trap.
    04-13-13 06:36 AM
247 ... 78910