The vast majority of those who "love" the Z10 are those who have clung tightly to BlackBerry and refuse to hear anything but gleaming words of praise about the device. Any negativity at all toward it is quicky jumped on and pronounced "trolling". Sheesh...how immature can you guys get. I really always thought BlackBerry was a device for those a bit smarter than the average bear...maybe I was mistaken.

Just got back from my local VZW corporate store, and nobody there was terribly suprised when I handed them back the Z10 I had researched greatly, but had taken a chance on yesterday. I'm nowhere near stupid, but although I must admit the Z10 is a great PHONE...the BlackBerry 10 OS is far from intuitive, and the gesture-only navigation method seems foreign. Yes, it's a steep learning curve...and more of one than most smartphone users want to tackle. BlackBerry shouldn't have been so arrogant as to think they would...especially on a device that was moved to market as the savior of a sinking ship.

My store says that they've sold a suprising number of Z10's since launch date...but have had almost half of those sold come back to be swapped for another device. Sad but true.

Let me just add that I am a longtime BlackBerry fan...and I would love nothing more than to see BlackBerry again a strong player in the international smartphone market. But, at least for me...this isn't the device that will bring that desperately needed boost.
    04-11-13 06:01 PM
    Never ceases to amaze me how, of all the stories and angles around BB10 and the Z10, this rubbish is what they run with and the Wall Street lemmings swallow hook line and sinker. And no matter how out of whack it is with reality, the stock plunges 7% anyway. Truly disgusting.
    04-11-13 06:05 PM
    The vast majority of those who "love" the Z10 are those who have clung tightly to BlackBerry and refuse to hear anything but gleaming words of praise about the device. Any negativity at all toward it is quicky jumped on and pronounced "trolling". Sheesh...how immature can you guys get. I really always thought BlackBerry was a device for those a bit smarter than the average bear...maybe I was mistaken.

Just got back from my local VZW corporate store, and nobody there was terribly suprised when I handed them back the Z10 I had researched greatly, but had taken a chance on yesterday. I'm nowhere near stupid, but although I must admit the Z10 is a great PHONE...the BlackBerry 10 OS is far from intuitive, and the gesture-only navigation method seems foreign. Yes, it's a steep learning curve...and more of one than most smartphone users want to tackle. BlackBerry shouldn't have been so arrogant as to think they would...especially on a device that was moved to market as the savior of a sinking ship.

My store says that they've sold a suprising number of Z10's since launch date...but have had almost half of those sold come back to be swapped for another device. Sad but true.
    I love my Z10 for many reasons. The hub being a very big one as well as the swipe gestures and the fluidity. I love the keyboard as well. It isn't a steep learning curve. I'm sorry. It just isn't.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and BerryWizard like this.
    04-11-13 06:09 PM
    Nothing substantial in the article. Anecdotal evidence only. Article intent = Sensationalism (i.e., trying for the scoop) and stock manipulation. Really hate this type of reporting on all levels. The media is manipulated so easily these days.
    04-11-13 06:11 PM
    I love my Z10 for many reasons. The hub being a very big one as well as the swipe gestures and the fluidity. I love the keyboard as well. It isn't a steep learning curve. I'm sorry. It just isn't.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. A few gestures and you're set. I just played with one today, granted I've read about it but it isn't difficult. No more so than the first time I picked an android, I didn't know what to do with it beside start poking around. Of course after using the pb I was swiping all over it LOL.
    04-11-13 06:14 PM
    Interpretation: Do you get irony or sarcasm? Read it once more

Just trying to lighten up the mood and childish back and forth arguments, Mr. or Miss?
    Ajax - your post was perfect! The only problem with it was in made me spew my coffee all over my Z10. Damn BlackBerry for not testing it for that. ;-)

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    AjaxMilanBarcaSC likes this.
    04-11-13 06:15 PM
    Statement by BlackBerry :

�BlackBerry wishes to respond to media coverage today regarding speculation that there have been abnormally high levels of returns of BlackBerry Z10 devices. This is absolutely false. Our data shows that return rates for BlackBerry Z10 devices both in the U.S. and on a global basis are in line with or better than our expectations and are consistent with return rates for other premium smartphones in the market today.�

False Rumor! More BB Bashing!
    This is what is funny about that statement... it is funny to me that they have that type of insight into the total number of units returned... but do not have insight nor do they seem like fixing the horrible marketing of their product in vendor stores....

That is reason enough for me to say that the report has some slight truth.
    alan510 likes this.
    04-11-13 06:17 PM
    As a multiyear BB user I was excited about the Z10 but the more i used it the less I liked it and finally took it back to get some thing more reliable .. Iphone5

Problems .. heat, battery life and contacts that disappeared and reappeared several times each day.
    pjstock42 likes this.
    04-11-13 06:20 PM
    Nothing substantial in the article. Anecdotal evidence only. Article intent = Sensationalism (i.e., trying for the scoop) and stock manipulation. Really hate this type of reporting on all levels. The media is manipulated so easily these days.
    Well said!

I don't even call it reporting, which used to be called journalism not so long ago.

04-11-13 06:21 PM
    Can we shoot the messenger now?
    pjstock42 and bruteforce037 like this.
    04-11-13 06:27 PM
    As a multiyear BB user I was excited about the Z10 but the more i used it the less I liked it and finally took it back to get some thing more reliable .. Iphone5

Problems .. heat, battery life and contacts that disappeared and reappeared several times each day.
    I sure hope you didn't expect that the Z10 would be like any other BlackBerry you ever owned.

I wasn't even considering the Z10 for myself until I did a little research and watched the product launch, and determined that the Z10 would make my life a little easier and would continue to improve. To each his own. Good luck with your replacement and perhaps you'll come back, once OS10 has the chance to mature just like the 5th gen iPhone.

04-11-13 06:33 PM
    I am sure there are a fair amount of returns based upon VZW sticking-it to BBRY by failing to release the software that should have been developed for the launch (i think this is a BBRY issue). I am a BBRY loyalist, i had a GSM Z10 ($1,000 to get pre-launch in US) before the CDMA release, sold it when VZW shipped their Z10 (unfortuanrtely had to pay full price for that one but less), used and loved it for a week, except the keyboard would randomly just stop working (insane - i know), i just couldn't rely on it for work.

I liked the z10 and would have stuck with it despite a few bugs but the software keyboard bug was unacceptable. Either way i always knew i would get a Q10 which hopefully will have a perfect keyboard. If the Z was reliable i would have kept it. I think this is the first piece of consumer electronics i have ever returned. Just wasting the time at the store to do the return wasn't worth the time but i was really pissed because the GSM version was really fine.

On the interface issue i personally feel that BBRY has done a great job in theory and i love the gestures and hate home buttons. If anything bbOS10 is so under developed that they don't have strong enough implementation of the gestures. Way too many bbos10 screens rely on the back button at the bottom left and don't support swiping or flow, THIS IS CONFUSING, I don't care if they feel they have to have the back button but the same screen should also swipe or flow. To build a new UI it needs to be consistent, if i am supposed to be swiping all the time let me swipe ALL the TIME. I think if BBRY had more polish (and hopefully it will come) it would reinforce the "new" UI and make users more comfortable more quickly.

Thor, please send us a Q10 on VZW quickly, if BBRY gets caught behind the S4 and 5s/6 hype they may be screwed.
    21stNow likes this.
    04-11-13 06:35 PM
    I thought this is the kinda thing you would find on Android Central website or Engadget. I had you BB guys pegged differently..
    04-11-13 06:44 PM
    Can we shoot the messenger now?
    My comments were regarding the article. Didn't even mention the OP. Can we get some perspective now.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 07:00 PM
    All media outlets are full of S*IT ... except for CrackBerry and N4BB.

I can't believe that it took Investor Relations so long to rebut this. Patti must be FIRED IMMEDIATELY, otherwise BlackBerry will face more unprotected Bashing. She may even be the one responsible for all this short activity. She must be investigated immediately.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-11-13 07:12 PM
    If the analysts have such accurate data concerning the "rate" of returns exceeding the "rate" of sales then why do they not just report the sell through? Why do they see the need to obfuscate the data? If you know you sell 500 and you know 300 are returned then sell through is 200. Why are they afraid to report 200 sales? For a 'dead' company with products that "no one" wants there sure are a large number of people that are seriously "concerned" that I am going to buy several of their phones.
    they dont have any numbers...just some random check at a random store...doesnt meant nothing, i dont believe any of these news, right now id say its not true because the ceo went out and said so...he cant be lying so im more tempted t trust that.
    04-11-13 07:25 PM
    I have come to realize that BB users cannot take the truth or anything negative about their devices..The Z10 is a flop plain and simple..you rave about a 500,000-600,000 units sold in a quarter while the other guys sell 35-40 million units in the same period
    can you back up your option please?
    these numbers look like pulled out of an hat to me
    04-11-13 07:26 PM
    The iphone is now the most used device by enterprise and businesses..stop living in the past and attacking a phone that is successful in what matters: Sales.
    3 out of 4 phones in enterprise bear the Apple logo

Good Technology's Q4 2012 Device Activation Report shows iPhone 5 as most popular among enterprise customers - e27
    again you missed the most important point : sales!! trying to have as much sales as apple or samesung!!!
    this company just woke up and start fighting, they are still in survival mode, if as invester i would expect them to hit the pole position straight from the last position it would be plain wishful thinking.
    they are not
    04-11-13 07:29 PM
    Independent Dealers? What about the vast majority of dealers? Some Retailers? How many retailers? Does not sound very precise or scientific.
    it is not. its a rumor witch appeared to be false now as per the ceo himself. the person who started this didnt needed his story to survived more than a day neither, just enough to hurt the stock
    04-11-13 07:31 PM
    My Verizon store has sold 12 Z10s and had 11 of them returned. I'm not the best at math but that doesn't seem good. They even pulled their floor models and whatever advertising they had.
    wow, thats very bad news , i really dont think this is the same situation everywhere but its still a bad news.
    does one would have the numbers for return for other platform to compare with ? orat least see what to expect when we have the real numbersof overall returns for the z10
    04-11-13 07:34 PM
    By the way, no one can pry my Zed10 outta my hands!!!!
    you have more chances of winning the loto than taking mine from my hands
    04-11-13 07:36 PM
    LOVE the Z10 to death..the feel of it, the OS, everything about it. hands down thee best OS around. but people are going to return it for one thing only...APPS. its as simple as that. people have ADD, do you really expect them to wait until a developer creates their app for bb?? yeah, not likely.

its unfortunate BB didnt make this a #1 priority before releasing the Z in the states. they should have put a ****load of $$ creating them themselves, getting a developer to sit and port the app or paid the developers a higher amount towards incentive to create them. its a fn shame its come to that, but its the truth.

never leaving my z10. the iphone5 sucks ***...but has the apps.
    04-11-13 07:52 PM
    It would be nice if this forum within CB could address simply technical issues of Z10 (or as interlaced with OS10). Forum is muddy enough with constant overlap in answers and questions on technical issues without specific discussion of BB share price, and answers (whether technical or share $ oriented) influenced by share price position--short or long--without disclosure. Natural enough to want to protect investments but this forum is going to have absolutely no influence on share price and blind loyalty simply detracts from the integrity of the Z10 forum (at least consider moving to OS10, a general CS forum, or maybe Yahoo finance).

Ho hum, the moderator allows so I'll put my cards on the table. Upfront no share position in the new BlackBerry for me. But I admit to having cited a need for net sales (at least orders) for Z10 to exceed 50mm WW (or Q10 even more astronomical) by calendar year end. Quick answers to some hasty posts: Absolutely there may be bias (an undisclosed interest) in Bloomberg source. Report is referring to rate of sales versus rate of returns. Net sales, per se, are not reported directly because data is very preliminary and the accounting is handled differently - - ie not on net basis in same acctg. period. True OS10/Z10 appears to be judged more critically than was Apple or Google when releasing their respective debices/OPS. But BlackBerry is the last to the dance .... the easy slots are filled and BB must have greater perfection to penetrate and even hold (or actually regain) market share. (I'm not sure how many times this concept has been directly/indirectly explained in other threads.) BlackBerry is not a person, it's a commodity or, at best, a corporation that made a huge marketing mistake that cost millions to its user base. It's not blasphemy to cite the need to regain lost users and point to a need 4BB to do it (much) better from Z10 /Q10 release date than Apple or Droid phones. My (3) BBphones aren't going to cry if someone is critical, especially with constructive intentions that this forum sometimes foster. (Maybe I might cry, or celebrate, if a shareholder or employee.) The keyboard is very important to the remaining BB base, and perhaps more so than prior perceived. Yes, Apps are important, some critical, and are (have been)the future of integrated handheld devices--"phones" will soon be dinosaurs and outdated term. Z10 and Q10 will be compared with Samdroid and IPhones...Initial sales are important and come primarily from mfr hype but BlackBerry will not be given long to correct any major gaps in OS, important Apps, or general Z/Q functionality. True, this may be do in part to bias against our neighboring country's product in favor of Google (albeit now offshore) and Apple. Doesn't really matter, does it?! ... BlackBerry has to offer something new and really different while matching virtually all of the best features (including apps) of Apple and the best of Droid powered phones (while keeping an eye on Windows). This is fact and true of any late entrant to a mature market (Remember 700+mm cell sales WWide..close to 90% by Ap and Sam alone.)

Regardless of merit of this 1st report, the Wall Street and computer technical analysts will soon form a general consensus on OS10, the Z and Q, and begin to re-cue talk (+ or -)of BB's future viability. There often is much smoke with early numbers (usually leaning toward overstated) but the true early sales numbers will be clear by Labor Day, or mid October at latest. (And BB better look to match an Apple or Samsung best model in N.A. for one of those months if it is going to regain my share.) No posts in this thread will directly influence this reality except perhaps for any such post that might influence a quick isolation and correction of a major OS or Z-Q flaw. ... Anything else is puffery....

Posted via CB10
    nycspaces. likes this.
    04-11-13 07:52 PM
    Doubtful.

I wonder if there will be some major lawsuits one way or another when the dust settles. I�ve put a good portion of my savings into this stock, as I�ve drank the cool aid. I hope the positive news and sentiment that is out there isn�t all smoke and mirrors, or I�m going be extremely upset with myself and Blackberry.
    If you're so worried about it you shouldn't be playing on the stock market - I only ever put in amounts that I CAN afford to lose as there are no guarantees when it comes to the stock market - You take the losses with the rewards.
    04-11-13 07:53 PM
    iphone - kids/teens/granny phone @ people who have yet to matured and aged around 70++..(easy straight forward phone..use less brain)
    android - nerds phone (rooting whatsoever..aircrack bla bla bla)
    windows - uncategorized..
    blackberry - enterprise business phone made for professional (this kind of people do not play games too much..apps?..whatsapp maybe)
    It's your train of thought that has blackberry where it is now, it's a consumer device first a enterprise device second sticking to the same old we don't need apps we don't need games is going to make blackberry 10 a new web os story
    04-11-13 07:54 PM
247 ... 56789 ...