My Verizon store has sold 12 Z10s and had 11 of them returned. I'm not the best at math but that doesn't seem good. They even pulled their floor models and whatever advertising they had.
    Independentvolume....Tell me which Verizon store you that you referring to? Are you just trolling? I can't believe this. I can understand maybe one or two but no way 11 out of 12 is being returned. Just read the reviews from the Verizon website and explain the returns.
    Maybe he's not trolling, but is only getting a partial picture.

What if the counting of returns methodology includes exchanges as returns?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:59 PM
    This is very sad to hear. If true it would mean to me that those people did not do the research up front to get an idea of what they were buying because it has become well known that this device can and does have a frustrating learning curve. I felt that way myself for a brief moment on the first day. There really should be a more detailed instruction book with this device. There are still things I am trying to learn. For example, the autocorrect when I dont want the word in the space bar how do I proceed. The corrections or words above the letters I havent figured out how to use them successfully. I know at some point I will get it, but it will take patience. I can see why many especially coming from simpler devices would throw their hands up and just go back to what they are familiar with. However, the reviews from people who have giventhe device some time almost unanimously love the device. One more point, even I, who rarely used apps, feels some frustration with the missing apps. I am sure they will come. In three days I am already loving this device more with each passing day! There is so much this device is capable of and I look forward to finding out more!!
    04-11-13 04:03 PM
    I know about 20 people who own the z10 and none of them have returned it... not a single person... about half of them came from ios.. i know this isn't a scientific study but it says enough about what my circle of friends think about this phone. This opinion based article is BS because carriers would not disclose that type of information to an analyst for one, especially if it was true, as this would negatively affect their business and for what benefit? What carrier would be wanting to sit on one million used returned phones and proudly disclose it?

Posted via CB10 powered by BB10
    R Field, EnchantedBB and brooke65 like this.
    04-11-13 04:06 PM
    Statement by BlackBerry :

�BlackBerry wishes to respond to media coverage today regarding speculation that there have been abnormally high levels of returns of BlackBerry Z10 devices. This is absolutely false. Our data shows that return rates for BlackBerry Z10 devices both in the U.S. and on a global basis are in line with or better than our expectations and are consistent with return rates for other premium smartphones in the market today.�

False Rumor! More BB Bashing!
    04-11-13 04:07 PM
    'interface unintuitive' isn't the only issue, search 'excessive data use on the z10' and you will find that is a big issue also, a lot of frustrating users
    04-11-13 04:07 PM
    My Verizon store has sold 12 Z10s and had 11 of them returned. I'm not the best at math but that doesn't seem good. They even pulled their floor models and whatever advertising they had.
    I'm with the other poster, give us the name or location of that store. I'll call and if they verify, I'll eat crow right here and retract me calling BS Troll.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-11-13 04:15 PM
    I love this phone but actually I think the swipe from top to buttom to get the menu's out is not that intuitive, espesially if you're handling sideloaded android apps, also the phone answering takes some getting used too, + This is hopefully just me but I have yet to come by an app like super-dial or so, so you can type the name of people you want to call from the neumeric phone-pad
    04-11-13 04:15 PM
    Would you really expect Blackberry to issue a statement acknowledging an issue?. That is a standard PR reply 'in line with or better than our expectations' without actually indicating what the expectations are it is hard to measure if a problem exists, if they expected a 50% return rate and the rate is 48% that statement is true
    04-11-13 04:16 PM
    If it's a short squeeze, the stock goes up not down. This is strictly news driven, 2nd qtr numbers should divulge all this rumor/skepticism. It's a great peace with the Z10, it will take more time. Aapl had to open retail stores so they can train users on the Mac's etc because everyone was using windows for their computers. Needs time to flow, it will come.
    First Q numbers BB has an uneven fiscal year, and will be posting Q12013 during summer
    04-11-13 04:23 PM
    Unless that have done extensive research which they haven't wait until q2 results everything else is just speculation. I have five friends with the z10 and they love it.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 04:46 PM
    Funny, every executive officer in my company used an iPhone.
    shiakap likes this.
    04-11-13 04:48 PM
    Well have red most of the posts most of them seems to be commenting on the numbers, that can not be verified immidietly,

Also if you look at this from just 10hago... Big News: Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY), Fortinet Inc (NASDAQ:FTNT) | US Market Buzz It states that Morgan Stanly holds it's target price of $22

The site also has this more critical artical though which to me is kind of jibberish Big News: Research In Motion Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY), Fortinet Inc (NASDAQ:FTNT) | US Market Buzz It'states that a lot of people are uninterested while a lot of people are unaware of the Z10 it doesn't seem to carry logic, If you need to put in effort to be ware of BB10 then it seems odd that specificly those people should be uninterested at the same time.

Personally I love My Z10 never had a BB device before and switched from Android, also I purchased my phone from a data web-store not a carrier, and we have yet to come by the numbers for Q1 of BBRY I bought my Z10 in Q1 not in Q4 of 2012 (after feb 28), so I do belive that the negative sales guessing might be misleading - Even if this is a horray-site. Rember that when it comes to fiscal result of Q4 investors expectations were exceeded, and given i Belive� Q1 should prove more positive, remember the katastrophic hardships BBRY has had, amog others their launch of Super-Bowl Commercial and their general US delay. which just make the results from Q4 2012 seem to stand more positive and Q1 2013 ought to be way better
    04-11-13 04:49 PM
    I read the article and all the posts and have come to the conclusion that I am RETURNING my Z10 for the following reasons:

1) I have tried using it for two weeks but it is just TOO difficult. My hands get tired of swiping up, swiping down, swiping left and right. Too much! I want a BUTTON. Just GIVE me a BUTTON.

2) My Z10 restarts and it also gets hot when I play Nova 3 and run my Aerodynamic simulations. This would NEVER happen on an Android or iPhone. NEVER. No other phone in the history of phones has EVER restarted. Not even once. Fail RIM Fail!

3) No Instagram

4) Crapberry just barely made a profit. This company is going DOWN. I would much rather buy phones from highly profitable companies like Nokia and HTC. These companies have NEVER had a loss. EVER.

5) No Skype. This is a MUST.

6) People are returning phones because they are defective or they don't like them. This has NEVER happened EVER. Not since the Big Bang have we seen such a crazy PHENOMENON.

7) No Netflix. I NEED to watch Hunger Games on my phone's screen. No other screen does the movie justice.

8) No BIS. EVERY other phone in the market has BIS. Get on it RIM!

Thanks guys!

Nice knowing all of you but I think my new phone will be the Samsung Galaxy Mega. 4.2 inches screen is just TOO small. I prefer 6.3 inches, anything else is just TINY. Also it has 24 cores, 10 Ghz processor, 6 GB RAM, 100 ULTRA megapixel camera, and can turn on my TV and Microwave, and cook waffles (the Swedish kind).

Goodbye.....
    04-11-13 05:16 PM
    Maybe he's not trolling, but is only getting a partial picture.

What if the counting of returns methodology includes exchanges as returns?

Posted via CB10
    Your right. I just texted my buddy that works there and only two of the buyers picked a different phone. So, most still have the Z10. Verizon needs a firmware update fast. I'm guessing most of the returns are for Verizon phones. Something needs to be done there.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-11-13 05:22 PM
    AjaxMilanBarcaS well played, sir. :-) I especially liked how it was conceivably serious at first, but slowly built up to the awesome and truly ludicrous finale.
    04-11-13 05:24 PM
    I read the article and all the posts and have come to the conclusion that I am RETURNING my Z10 for the following reasons:

1) I have tried using it for two weeks but it is just TOO difficult. My hands get tired of swiping up, swiping down, swiping left and right. Too much! I want a BUTTON. Just GIVE me a BUTTON.

2) My Z10 restarts and it also gets hot when I play Nova 3 and run my Aerodynamic simulations. This would NEVER happen on an Android or iPhone. NEVER. No other phone in the history of phones has EVER restarted. Not even once. Fail RIM Fail!

3) No Instagram

4) Crapberry just barely made a profit. This company is going DOWN. I would much rather buy phones from highly profitable companies like Nokia and HTC. These companies have NEVER had a loss. EVER.

5) No Skype. This is a MUST.

6) People are returning phones because they are defective or they don't like them. This has NEVER happened EVER. Not since the Big Bang have we seen such a crazy PHENOMENON.

7) No Netflix. I NEED to watch Hunger Games on my phone's screen. No other screen does the movie justice.

8) No BIS. EVERY other phone in the market has BIS. Get on it RIM!

Thanks guys!

Nice knowing all of you but I think my new phone will be the Samsung Galaxy Mega. 4.2 inches screen is just TOO small. I prefer 6.3 inches, anything else is just TINY. Also it has 24 cores, 10 Ghz processor, 6 GB RAM, 100 ULTRA megapixel camera, and can turn on my TV and Microwave, and cook waffles (the Swedish kind).

Goodbye.....

Yes, make light of every single complaint or wishlist some users have. Does that make you feel better?

You could have opened a whole new thread with this, though. Guaranteed to net you all the 'likes' and 'thanks' you crave
    04-11-13 05:27 PM
    Yes, make light of every single complaint or wishlist some users have. Does that make you feel better?

You could have opened a whole new thread with this, though. Guaranteed to net you all the 'likes' and 'thanks' you crave
    I really only wanted your thanks. Shucks.

I will try harder next time.
    04-11-13 05:29 PM
    I'm with the other poster, give us the name or location of that store. I'll call and if they verify, I'll eat crow right here and retract me calling BS Troll.
    How about you suck my jubblies. I'm sure they have better things to do than get rocked with phone calls over return rates of a phone.
    JKeigh likes this.
    04-11-13 05:30 PM
    I really only wanted your thanks. Shucks.

I will try harder next time.
    I'll like that one.
    AjaxMilanBarcaSC likes this.
    04-11-13 05:33 PM
    I didn't use the past tense of the verb to indicate that they didn't use iPhones now, but for other reasons that I cared not to disclose.
    04-11-13 05:44 PM
    iphone - kids/teens/granny phone @ people who have yet to matured and aged around 70++..(easy straight forward phone..use less brain)
    android - nerds phone (rooting whatsoever..aircrack bla bla bla)
    windows - uncategorized..
    blackberry - enterprise business phone made for professional (this kind of people do not play games too much..apps?..whatsapp maybe)
    majority of doctors i know carry an iphoneor an s3, are they not professional?
    04-11-13 05:47 PM
    Lol what a total joke!! This article is very comical!
    04-11-13 05:48 PM
    You can�t assume they sold a million. The CEO said they shipped close to a million and sold � of those.
    Nope, we've debunked this already in many places now. The � thing was for everything "to date" as of the earnings call, almost a month past the end of fiscal Q4. It covered shipments after Q4 including including whatever portion of the BrightStar order (an extra 1M) was shipped up to that point.
    04-11-13 05:50 PM

1) I have tried using it for two weeks but it is just TOO difficult. My hands get tired of swiping up, swiping down, swiping left and right. Too much! I want a BUTTON. Just GIVE me a BUTTON. INTERPRETATION: USER PREFERENCE

2) My Z10 restarts and it also gets hot when I play Nova 3 and run my Aerodynamic simulations. This would NEVER happen on an Android or iPhone. NEVER. No other phone in the history of phones has EVER restarted. Not even once. Fail RIM Fail! INTERPRETATION: GRAPHICS INTENSIVE GAMES DRAIN CAUSE CPU/GPU TO WORK HARDER. ALL SMARTPHONES RUN HOTTER DURING GAME PLAY (not to be confused with foreplay) LOL

3) No Instagram INTERPRETATION: USER PREFERENCE

4) Crapberry just barely made a profit. This company is going DOWN. I would much rather buy phones from highly profitable companies like Nokia and HTC. These companies have NEVER had a loss. EVER. INTERPRETATION: SAY THE BLACKBERRY STOCK SHORTERS

5) No Skype. This is a MUST. INTERPRETATION: USER PREFERENCE

6) People are returning phones because they are defective or they don't like them. This has NEVER happened EVER. Not since the Big Bang have we seen such a crazy PHENOMENON. INTERPRETATION: SOME PEOPLE PREFER ANOTHER SMARTPHONE. USER PREFERENCE

7) No Netflix. I NEED to watch Hunger Games on my phone's screen. No other screen does the movie justice. INTERPRETATION: USER PREFERENCE

8) No BIS. EVERY other phone in the market has BIS. Get on it RIM! INTERPRETATION: I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT

Thanks guys! INTERPRETATION: I HAD FUN TROLLING YOU GUYS...SUCKERS!

Nice knowing all of you but I think my new phone will be the Samsung Galaxy Mega. 4.2 inches screen is just TOO small. I prefer 6.3 inches, anything else is just TINY. Also it has 24 cores, 10 Ghz processor, 6 GB RAM, 100 ULTRA megapixel camera, and can turn on my TV and Microwave, and cook waffles (the Swedish kind). INTERPRETATION: USER PREFERENCE

Goodbye..... MY (as in me) HOPE: IS THAT A PROMISE? ADIOS. A BIENTOT.
    04-11-13 05:53 PM
    Interpretation: Do you get irony or sarcasm? Read it once more

Just trying to lighten up the mood and childish back and forth arguments, Mr. or Miss?
    04-11-13 05:57 PM
247 ... 45678 ...