Not sure what you mean by misquoted.
    This�

�In several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before,� Detwiler Fenton said.
    ...here is the actual quote:
    Several U.S. retailers have seen a pickup in Z10 returns, says Detwiler Fenton in a note that could be pressuring BlackBerry (BBRY -5.2%). Detwiler, which also issued a downbeat note on Z10 demand last month, adds the pace of returns in some cases is exceeding the pace of sales
    04-11-13 02:59 PM
    Really, never seen it before eh, cause how is it even possible? You sell 50 and 100 are returned? Sure�
    Well, returns CAN exceed sales if consumers are having to return their device mulitple times. You buy one Z10, return it a week later because the battery is junk, they replace it, and a week later you return THAT one because of constant reboots...... You only bought one Z10, but have already returned two. It's not THAT hard to figure out.
    Dgree03 likes this.
    04-11-13 02:59 PM
    Come on! Seriously, here's the math:
    you sell 200 in week 1. None are returned.
    you sell 150 in week 2. 20 are returned.
    you sell 100 in week 3. 120 are returned. Returns now exceed sales for the week.

Gotta read between the lines. Which is what RIM apparently expects its customers to do. We just upgraded our BES in December 2012 and no one mentioned that we would need to upgrade it again for the BB10 to work until after we took delivery on our new z10's. Major Snafu!

Just sent mine back because it decides to reboot itself once or twice a day.
    This has been well documented. I don't know why you guys didn't know about BB10 & BES. There is an update coming in MAY that will allow BB10 & Legacy BB's to be managed on the same BES Server, till then you will unfortunately need 2 BES servers (though they can be on the same machine & managed with the same interface)
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-11-13 03:08 PM
    04-11-13 03:10 PM
    The Canadian market was further weakened by declines in financial shares and by a drop in BlackBerry stock as some analysts continued to express doubts about the success of the smartphone maker's turnaround plan.
    04-11-13 03:11 PM
    Oh quick run for the hills! Dump BB stock! Someone must have returned a Z10 in the past 2 minutes (could be defective) and no one bought one!

How is it that Bloomberg gets this information anyways when BlackBerry doesn't even post its sales volumes? What a poorly researched article - they are clearly misleading the markets with their voodoo statistics. No carriers mentioned, based entirely on stock price fall and speculation.

Sheesh!...but it must be true 'cause I read it on the Internet. ;-)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:17 PM
    That screenshot is misleading. It is only showing as sold-out because you are logged in. If you don't log in, you will see that it is still available.
    It was from someone in the states when it was first released. Not recently.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-11-13 03:18 PM
    Oh quick run for the hills! Dump BB stock! Someone must have returned a Z10 in the past 2 minutes (could be defective) and no one bought one!

How is it that Bloomberg gets this information anyways when BlackBerry doesn't even post its sales volumes? What a poorly researched article - they are clearly misleading the markets with their voodoo statistics. No carriers mentioned, based entirely on stock price fall and speculation.

Sheesh!...but it must be true 'cause I read it on the Internet. ;-)
    By the way, no one can pry my Zed10 outta my hands!!!!
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-11-13 03:19 PM
    Please, don't shoot the messenger. Just wanted to post this here and see what people's thoughts on this are.

BlackBerry Falls on Reports of Weakening Sales, Returns of Z10 - Bloomberg

�The U.S. launch of the Z10 started poorly and weakened significantly as the days passed,� Joseph Fersedi, an analyst at ITG Investment Research, said today in a note, citing information from independent dealers. Some U.S. retailers are seeing a significant increase in customers returning their Z10s because they find the interface unintuitive, Detwiler Fenton & Co. said today.
    �In several cases, returns are now exceeding sales, a phenomenon we have never seen before,� Detwiler Fenton said.

Thoughts?
    ah, ambiguity ... how i miss thee.

several can mean three or three thousand million billion. It is funny that the troll argument is IF BB HAD SOLID NUMBERS THEY WOULD RELEASE THEM, but when NEGATIVE information is released WITHOUT NUMBERS it is accepted and used to debase BlackBerry.

INTERWEBZ FTW!
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:22 PM
    Well, I'm NOT giving mine back. There going to have to pry it from my cold dead hands......thats right I said it. Anybody gotta problem wit tat
    cman5 and BerryWizard like this.
    04-11-13 03:25 PM
    This has been well documented. I don't know why you guys didn't know about BB10 & BES. There is an update coming in MAY that will allow BB10 & Legacy BB's to be managed on the same BES Server, till then you will unfortunately need 2 BES servers (though they can be on the same machine & managed with the same interface)
    Well, blackberry has changed its wording on that several times. Now its you can install the blackberry 10 bes on the same box as your blackberry 5.04 box in May. So, you'll have two different bes instances running on the same box. You can then manage both instances via a management web interface. The whole bes message has been modified multiple times over the past two years and certainly can be confusing if you dosed off here and there through all the presentations.
    04-11-13 03:27 PM
    I'd rather wait till official numbers are released. I have no issues with my z10. I can say I spoke to a att rep earlier while asking questions about my bill and the rep said they are selling quite a few z10's and she sold 4 out of the 7 she's sold total today.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:28 PM
    iphone - kids/teens/granny phone @ people who have yet to matured and aged around 70++..(easy straight forward phone..use less brain)
    android - nerds phone (rooting whatsoever..aircrack bla bla bla)
    windows - uncategorized..
    blackberry - enterprise business phone made for professional (this kind of people do not play games too much..apps?..whatsapp maybe)
    Funny, every executive officer in my company used an iPhone.
    cman5 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:28 PM
    04-11-13 03:29 PM
    I have come to realize that BB users cannot take the truth or anything negative about their devices..The Z10 is a flop plain and simple..you rave about a 500,000-600,000 units sold in a quarter while the other guys sell 35-40 million units in the same period
    Hi Troll, I know I should ignore you but I thought I would address your false info anyway. (BTW I notice this isn't the first time you have been called out for making sh*t up)

First of all, BB10 was only around for 1 month last quarter in 1 country 3 weeks in another & around 2 weeks in a couple other countries. So you can not honestly compare it's sales to those of an established phone that was being sold during the entire quarter at hundreds of carriers around the world.

2ndly, Where did you get the made up number 500,000 - 600,000?
    BBRY shipped 1 Million devices last quarter. Although we do not know how many were sold (BECASUE THEY NEVER RELEASED THAT IFNO), we do know that at that in the countries where is was being sold (UK, Canada, UAE ect.) they were having supply issues due to higher then expected sales. This means they probably sold almost all of that 1 million Z10's. BBRY is currently sitting at 3/4 sell through. So even using the current percentages (which are lower then they were when the phone was first released) your numbers are STILL out to lunch.

Now why don't you pick up your iPhone & run on home lil boy.
    cman5 and LudwigvonKast like this.
    04-11-13 03:31 PM
    BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) says Z10 returns in-line with other premium smartphones and are actually better than expectations in some cases. Comments were made via email Thursday afternoon. Claims of high returns are "absolutely false."

Thanks...

For the 50 people that responded my maths were bad… yeah… I can do maths, my point was it is a misleading statement, possibly with a lot of bias… duh…
    cman5 likes this.
    04-11-13 03:33 PM
    I have come to realize that BB users cannot take the truth or anything negative about their devices..The Z10 is a flop plain and simple..you rave about a 500,000-600,000 units sold in a quarter while the other guys sell 35-40 million units in the same period
    ...says the tuul who overstates the sales of other devices and understates the Z10 sales figures then talks about "TRUTH". GO FAR AWAY. Onto train tracks with a rapidly approaching train hauling tankers of sulphuric acid. YOU'RE THE WORST PERSON EVER. Well, not really, but you're bad.

More anecdotal BB-shorter desperation. I'm sure it's true in a limited sense, but painting a picture of wholesale market rejection is ludicrous: it's a great device with a great OS and great apps with more to come.

Remember: these are the same analysts that talk about "BB having lost so much market share that it will be hard to recover" without stopping to consider the BB7 marketshare is as about as significant to BB10 market share as Symbian is to Windows Phone 8.

The grain of salt is so big it's choking me! And making me thirsty.
    BerryWizard likes this.
    04-11-13 03:40 PM
    Well, blackberry has changed its wording on that several times. Now its you can install the blackberry 10 bes on the same box as your blackberry 5.04 box in May. So, you'll have two different bes instances running on the same box. You can then manage both instances via a management web interface. The whole bes message has been modified multiple times over the past two years and certainly can be confusing if you dosed off here and there through all the presentations.
    That I do agree with, BBRY has not don't a great job AT ALL of integrating BES10 & letting people know how it's going to be done. However that backs up my statement. The BES10 mess with all the changes ect. has been well documented. I can't see how an IT dept can be running BES, & then upgrade that same BES without having heard anything about the many BB10 questions & compatibility issues that have arisen. It's my hope that come May BBRY will have resolved all their BES10 & legacy device issues....but I'm not holding my breath, its more of a wish or dream
    04-11-13 03:42 PM
    Notice the article comment was based on independent dealers, not Service Provider stores, which the majority of phones are moved through. Local Verizon here said returns were about average for a new phone. I didn't call ATT, but I don't see why it would be any different in the same community. Other articles appear to be contrary to Bloomburg's, wonder why?

Based on your thread and post history OP, I doubt you posted this just for the thoughts of others.
    Chaddface likes this.
    04-11-13 03:43 PM
    First of all, BB10 was only around for 1 month last quarter in 1 country 3 weeks in another & around 2 weeks in a couple other countries. So you can not honestly compare it's sales to those of an established phone that was being sold during the entire quarter at hundreds of carriers around the world.
    You can’t assume they sold a million. The CEO said they shipped close to a million and sold � of those.
    04-11-13 03:49 PM
    If only BBRY can bow down to the Jewish controlling economy and the illuminati who are controlling the world economy, then i think the Z10 and bbry will be accepted in the US. This is just a conspiracy to bring bbry down. Remember, who us really behind Apple and Google.
    You know, I always forget that one. Who us really behind Apple and Google?
    04-11-13 03:51 PM
    I just read on CNET that Blackberry is denying claims of high returns. They said that the return rates have been normal for smartphones. Pretty much what they expected to happen.
    ErinnM likes this.
    04-11-13 03:53 PM
    It was from someone in the states when it was first released. Not recently.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    OK, so you didn't even take the screenshot, yet posted it today with no indication that it wasn't current information. I stand by my original assertion that your post was misleading. I saw the original thread that this was posted in, and posted the same thing there. The Z10 wasn't sold out on the day that your screenshot was originally posted, as well.

The thing is that T-Mobile does this with many phones, not just the Z10. If you log in as a customer, the phone shows as sold out. If you log out, the phone is available for sale. T-Mobile's forums have many complaints about this "practice" of maintaining separate inventories for new and existing customers. I have experienced it for myself and knew not to trust that screenshot when it was posted.
    04-11-13 03:55 PM
    Just spoke with best buy rep at one of the top stores in Canada - asked if he had had a lot of returns of the Z10 or if returns were generally higher than other smartphones. He said no. Hasn't had hardly any returned.

He has had a couple of people of come in with issues surrounding email and transferring contacts but thanks to Crackberry he gets them straightened out easily.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:57 PM
    You know, I always forget that one. Who us really behind Apple and Google?
    I will answer this one. My people clearly are. We hand out a iPhone 5 to all new members at my weekly Jewish world domination meetings, held at Starbucks.
    Enyigma likes this.
    04-11-13 03:58 PM
247 ... 34567 ...