Not surprised really. If I didn't get my Z10 from work, I probably would have returned it. We are just using it to test BES10. Honestly i've run into many bugs that might or might not be fixed but Verizon still hasn't updated us to 10.0.10.xx !! Sorry, I'm just frustrated with my experience so far. Looks like our company will be moving to iOS by end of year anyway. We have been a Blackberry shop for the past 10+ years but the new phone isn't helping the cause to stay with bbry.
    What MDM software is your company using or planning to use to replace your campany's BES?
    04-11-13 02:01 PM
    If only BBRY can bow down to the Jewish controlling economy and the illuminati who are controlling the world economy, then i think the Z10 and bbry will be accepted in the US. This is just a conspiracy to bring bbry down. Remember, who us really behind Apple and Google. In other oarts of the there us no such thing as returning of the z10, in fact we do not have ample stocks. Yeah, just think if theZ10 is an apple product, what us the market's response. Im totally discussed with return if Z10 matters.

Jewish controlling economy? You're not serious are you?

Posted via CB10
    Im pretty sure they are talking about daily sales and not total phones sold(it would be higher at launch so it would take awhile to work its way back to the even point).. Like they sold 4 today but 5 were returned.... Either way, still not good.....
    Stop trying to use common sense around here
    I'm 1 reboot from returning mine

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 02:02 PM
    this is obvious.... why would people buy a blackberry z10 with 2013 technology with the samsung s4 is coming out in a few weeks....

thats the reason for your returns! blackberry is going out of business, sales are dropping by 1% every 6 months
    That you're a beginner is obvious.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    04-11-13 02:03 PM
    Look, today we live in a world where most people have the attention span about the length of a typical commercial. Furthermore most people don't have an original thought on anything of substance at all. Add that to the fact of the " sheep mentally" which is so pervasive in society today and it's obvious why most people reject everything and anything new. Most let TV, friends, and whoever's "In" today determine what's hot or not. "Cool people use Apple or Android. BlackBerry is dead". So the sheep follow. My question is "What difference does it make if people like the phone you use?" I buy BlackBerry products for a number of different reasons. What someone else thinks of that is never a consideration.

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    cman5, ErinnM, dancadman and 6 others like this.
    04-11-13 02:05 PM
    If only BBRY can bow down to the Jewish controlling economy and the illuminati who are controlling the world economy, then i think the Z10 and bbry will be accepted in the US. This is just a conspiracy to bring bbry down. Remember, who us really behind Apple and Google. In other oarts of the there us no such thing as returning of the z10, in fact we do not have ample stocks. Yeah, just think if theZ10 is an apple product, what us the market's response. Im totally discussed with return if Z10 matters.

Posted via CB10
    As a Jew, I would just like to tell you I plan on discussing this at my Jewish world domination meeting tonight. We hold this meeting weekly at Starbucks.
    rick0415, cman5, BBPandy and 12 others like this.
    04-11-13 02:06 PM
    After months of sniggering and sneering at the weak sales of WP8, y'all thought cracking the US market was going to be easy?

It will get worse. Later this month, the HTC One and the Galaxy S4 launch. Every single carrier in the US will make it their business to push sales of these hotly anticipated devices to grab more customers than their rivals.

For those who think this is 'BS' news, remember all those stories about the Z10 selling hotly like crazy at Phones4u in the UK? Well, that retailer has pushed the Z10 way down into a lowly place in their website while phones like the S3, S4, HTC One and iPhone 5 are getting prominent placement. Gumtree Uk is flooded with Z10s on sale for much less than the cost prices...

Developed countries seem to be a difficult nut to crack and BB has to do much better. They have little control over release date of apps like Skype et al, but they have control over the update of the Android runtime to JellyBean. Why the heck are they not working round the clock to achieve this?
    Drew808 likes this.
    04-11-13 02:10 PM
    Stop trying to use common sense around here
    To be honest, i'm stunned the first few posters weren't able to deduce that the sales referred to daily rates and not total lifetime sales. I figured that out in a split-second. Smh
    21stNow, Drew808 and aniym like this.
    04-11-13 02:11 PM
    Let's get something straight. I think BBRY has made a lot of mistakes around the design/build/launch of the Z10. Software design mistakes and marketing mistakes.

However, these 'analyst' reports aren't worth the paper they're printed on. 'Independent dealers'? Give me a break.

First off, there's a cozy relationship between the 'analysts' and the big market players who hold short/long positions. I hope no one here believes that the game isn't designed to create income for insiders. That doesn't even mean that the markets are 'rigged', necessarily. It just means they're designed to make money for insiders. We can make money if we know how to play the game.

Second, these 'analysts' are the bottom of the barrel B school types who couldn't get a gig trading, in an I-bank, or in business. There's not one standard of reporting to which they can be held.

I call again for the mods to ban this most obvious of trolls.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    04-11-13 02:11 PM
    Independent Dealers? What about the vast majority of dealers? Some Retailers? How many retailers? Does not sound very precise or scientific.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    04-11-13 02:14 PM
    I get it... you know the problem is that it takes 3 sales reps to figure out how to copy and paste on the phone because the copy/paste icons are unstandard, there's no advertising for it in stores, tmobile is launching the iphone, htc one is coming and the galaxy iv is coming. Not to mention 82% of americans don't even know blackberry has released a new phone and there's virtually zero advertising going on... or at least zero that's hitting me.

it's bad... blackberry should be dropping an advertising bomb on the country... if this is the product that will make or break them, what the heck are they doing???
    j21jam6, LudwigvonKast and aniym like this.
    04-11-13 02:24 PM
    My Verizon store has sold 12 Z10s and had 11 of them returned. I'm not the best at math but that doesn't seem good. They even pulled their floor models and whatever advertising they had.
    Scribacco....I can see from your past comments that you are a troll. You fail to say that the 500,000-60,0000 units were sold in the quarter was based on one month sale in UK and 3 weeks of sale in Canada. Since then, the Z10 was launched in 30 other countries so the Q4 units sale figures is not truly reflective on future sales. What is your motive?
    Too much negativity about Blackberry in the media. Seems like trolls have taken over this site as well.
    There has been a marked shift in steadily declining faith in BlackBerry even from poster-child CrackBerry Kevin. The early adopters of the new "mobile computing platform" began with the BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry Tablet OS 1.0. We were patience would be rewarded. Eventually, the BlackBerry PlayBook became useful and productive following the introduction of BlackBerry Bridge. Then after much delay the BlackBerry 10 platform was available on the BlackBerry Z10; we had been told patience would be rewarded. Shortly thereafter BlackBerry Bridge was damaged in a raging storm just as the BlackBerry Z10 was about to reach the far side of the chasm. The BlackBerry PlayBook suddenly was reduced to one-lane traffic oscillating as to which direction traffic could flow but the fog rolled in making it difficult to see across the BlackBerry Bridge. We were told the potholes were temporary would soon to fixed. Apparently nobody told to road repair crew. The shiny new BlackBerry Z10 was advertised as a high-performance roadster but under the hood many small deficiencies were discovered by the enthusiastic community of long-time BlackBerry aficionados . As these enthusiasts tweaked settings and attempted workarounds the manufacturer told everyone to "remain calm", because "fixes will be available soon" but in the meantime we were implored to "sell like h3ll". Oddly enough the Chief Marketing Officer Francisco Bull****pen went into hiding, making rare photo-op appearances to proclaim, at the behest of the Chief Executive Officer Thorsten Heins, the strong relationships between the company and wireless carriers and electronics retailers. At last report the Moon passed in front of the Sun casting darkness over the landscape which sent shivers through the mobile telecommunications industry fearing the "Rise of the Robot".
    niss63 likes this.
    04-11-13 02:27 PM
    As a Jew, I would just like to tell you I plan on discussing this at my Jewish world domination meeting tonight. We hold this meeting weekly at Starbucks.
    I like you, you can stay.
    04-11-13 02:30 PM
    Independentvolume....Tell me which Verizon store you that you referring to? Are you just trolling? I can't believe this. I can understand maybe one or two but no way 11 out of 12 is being returned. Just read the reviews from the Verizon website and explain the returns.
    Scott Lefebvre likes this.
    04-11-13 02:30 PM
    You can discuss the limited time price reduction of the BlackBerry Z10 to only CAD99.00 (3-year contract required) from Rogers Wireless / Rogers Communications in "The Great White North"...I meant Canada. There must be a tie to your cabal in there somewhere.
    04-11-13 02:33 PM
    I had done my research before getting one last Saturday, and several reviewers said that you MUST keep the Z10 for one week before making a decision as to whether you would keep it. With that in mind, I persevered through the learning curve, and after 24 hours I was beginning to like it, then after 48 hours I was loving it. Each day is better and better. I'm currently on day 5, and it's a keeper.

In response to jgrobertson, BB does need better marketing. In the T-Mobile store where I got it, neither of the salesman knew how to work it, and the manager told me that she was going to be getting one from T-Mobile so that she could be familiar with it and be able to work with the customers. Frankly, that's a pitiful strategy on everyone's part. I'm no techie, but it wasn't that hard to learn this phone, and I came from having an iPhone. To me, the Z10 does cartwheels around the iPhone. I want them to sell a gillion Z10s so that their apps market and updates continue to build a huge market share.

Anyway, if you talk to anyone interested in the Z10, tell them to use it a few days before making a decision. It made all of the diference for me, and now I'm hooked!
    04-11-13 02:36 PM
    You'd better run, squirrel...

Posted via CB10
    BTTF3 .
    04-11-13 02:36 PM
    Look at their website Detwiler Fenton & Co. . you'll see they know about technology. or not.
    04-11-13 02:39 PM
    Maybe Blackberry needs to hire Kim Jong-un to do its marketing. At least the North Koreans know how to get Americas attention
    04-11-13 02:40 PM
    Look, today we live in a world where most people have the attention span about the length of a typical commercial. Furthermore most people don't have an original thought on anything of substance at all. Add that to the fact of the " sheep mentally" which is so pervasive in society today and it's obvious why most people reject everything and anything new. Most let TV, friends, and whoever's "In" today determine what's hot or not. "Cool people use Apple or Android. BlackBerry is dead". So the sheep follow. My question is "What difference does it make if people like the phone you use?" I buy BlackBerry products for a number of different reasons. What someone else thinks of that is never a consideration.

Sent from my loooong waited for BlackBerry Z10
    Right, like how people rejected the iPhone in 2007?
    Like people rejected Android in 2008?

Or like people rejected the "Cool" blackberry brand from 2007-2013?
    04-11-13 02:40 PM
    Say you have a 100 phones. You sold 60 in a month - you book sales at 60, For whatever reason 35 phones were returned. Well that means out of the original 100 phones - your original sale WAS 60 but but not the 35 returned reduces the number sold to 25, Your returns were 35 ! So returns were more more than sales. Hope that helps.

I have the z10 and it is a fine phone in my opinion.
    04-11-13 02:48 PM
    Would people please stop explaining the sales/returns thing...I think it's been covered. By the way, bragging about realizing what it meant quickly...that's just sad.
    04-11-13 02:55 PM
247 ... 23456 ...