I've had my z10 for about 10 months and I am a happy customer. I won't bore you with my BlackBerry history so I'll just get to the story. I had an experience at school that made me smile. I was in class and guy was looking at my phone and asked me "Is that a blackberry?" I replied yes and I got the usual nonchalant attitude about it which was cool with me cause I'm used to it. I got on instagram (igrann to be exact) and he looked at my phone again looking at a picture and said who is that? I said it's just some girl I know on instagram. He saw that the instagram app was different and said that's instagram? I told him yeah. He then asked me for the name of the app. I told him the name of it so he tries to download it. He has an iPhone 5 and after I told him the name of it I then thought he won't be able to find it and I laughed to myself. On top of that he saw me texting using the quick response feature and swiping up to finish words and was like what app do you have to do that? I told him that it was a feature that came with the phone. Yet another win in my book.

I guess what I'm getting at is the fact that people underestimate this phone. It can hang with the best of them and it can do things that others can't. This is what makes me a happy z10 owner. Sure it has its flaws (mainly the battery but I just got the battery bundle so no worries there) I know deep down inside he was like I wish my phone could do that lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 08:36 PM
    I had (almost) the same reaction when I was using Remember in school. I was taking notes (with colors!) and the guy beside me asked "is that a blackberry?" and "where did you download that app?". To which I replied "yes, and this is a built in app."

He was amazed, and I continued to show him off the features such as the flicking words on the keyboard, even with our national language!

I'm proud of using a BlackBerry because of this. XD

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone.
    pystha likes this.
    07-17-14 09:19 PM
    I had (almost) the same reaction when I was using Remember in school. I was taking notes (with colors!) and the guy beside me asked "is that a blackberry?" and "where did you download that app?". To which I replied "yes, and this is a built in app."

He was amazed, and I continued to show him off the features such as the flicking words on the keyboard, even with our national language!

Didn't know you could use remember me with colors. Yet another underrated useful feature I can use. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    redsaph likes this.
    07-17-14 10:04 PM
    An Iphone and Android is like Lego, you get a basic and you have to hunt and find pieces and put it together to work for you.
    A BB is like a blackbox full of stuff and you have to pull it out and figure it out and you'ld be like 'wow, didn't know this thing can do this'.

With BB10 and BlackBerry phone you learn to apprecaite more with each day you find and learn about what it can do. The others you have to find new stuff outside to keep you satisfied with the phone.
    07-18-14 07:50 AM
    I get the same reaction too when I use StoryMaker, Time Shift, the Hub, keyboard and instant notifications. Even the Play On feature worked seamlessly on our friend's Samsung Smart TV vs from my husband's Samsung. My friends will ask me what app is that. My friend yesterday even commented on how good the camera was while we were taking photos of the kids.

Makes me smile.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    07-18-14 09:20 AM
    An Iphone and Android is like Lego, you get a basic and you have to hunt and find pieces and put it together to work for you.
    A BB is like a blackbox full of stuff and you have to pull it out and figure it out and you'ld be like 'wow, didn't know this thing can do this'.

With BB10 and BlackBerry phone you learn to apprecaite more with each day you find and learn about what it can do. The others you have to find new stuff outside to keep you satisfied with the phone.
    Yet to find anyone who isn't impressed after posting with stock Z10. Tough to sell this Lego theory to people who have to use other app stores with BB10, though.

BB10 devices are phenomenal as-is. The problem that has hampered its adoption is that "as-is" is a limiting option. Even Apple, the king of "take what we give you because we know best" defers to customers by providing a customizable app experience.

People don't mind looking for pieces if the pieces are easy to find and put together. In fact, I think they'd prefer to.

Just some nonbinding food for thought...
    kbill1984 likes this.
    07-18-14 09:45 AM

Horrible analogy. I think most people would prefer Lego for its limitless possibilities. Finding new pieces seems more interesting. Another reason why Google is going with the Lego phone and has abandoned the Nexus line.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:23 AM
    I get the same reaction too when I use StoryMaker, Time Shift, the Hub, keyboard and instant notifications. Even the Play On feature worked seamlessly on our friend's Samsung Smart TV vs from my husband's Samsung. My friends will ask me what app is that. My friend yesterday even commented on how good the camera was while we were taking photos of the kids.

Makes me smile.

I have to look into story maker. I have never really used that feature since I've had this phone. Seems like it's difficult to use.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 11:06 AM

Did not know about the text colors in remember app. Doh!

Posted via CB10
    redsaph likes this.
    07-18-14 11:31 AM
    I have to look into story maker. I have never really used that feature since I've had this phone. Seems like it's difficult to use.

Posted via CB10
    Story Maker could not be easier to use. These are the steps:

1. Open Story Maker
    2. Click "Create New Story"
    3. Select photos & videos to be included & hit "Next"
    4. Chose a song & hit "Next"
    5. Add a title & credits and hit "Done"

In a few seconds, your video is ready & it'll be beautiful! You'll be amazed at what you can do in such a short amount of time.

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    FF22, LoneStarRed and tfitzpat03 like this.
    07-19-14 07:07 AM

1. Open Story Maker

In a few seconds, your video is ready & it'll be beautiful! You'll be amazed at what you can do in such a short amount of time.

Hey, thanks for spurring me to try it out. It really is quite simple to use. Although I would prefer more control over fades and timing of images, it is quite slick. It won't replace my Magix MovieEdit editing on the computer but for a fast show while on a trip, NICE.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    07-19-14 08:51 AM
    Can't generalise android like that. Depends on which brand you buy from, the preloaded apps and features differ.

BlackBerry didn't really have a choice. Even some big name apps didn't want to develop for BB10, so they had to license, acquire, develop in house, or outsource to third party devs like my company for the launch.

They paid us to develop a famous app which has tens of millions of users globally because the company that developed that app didn't want to waste their internal resources- so BlackBerry paid them to allow BlackBerry to pay us to develop that app for BB10 on their behalf lol.
    kbill1984 likes this.
    07-19-14 07:48 PM
    Hey, thanks for spurring me to try it out. It really is quite simple to use. Although I would prefer more control over fades and timing of images, it is quite slick. It won't replace my Magix MovieEdit editing on the computer but for a fast show while on a trip, NICE.
    I agree & I'm glad you decided to try it! For me, it doesn't replace more complex video creation/editing software, but it's great to quickly create a slideshow on the fly! I probably use it the same way that you will- to showcase an event on-site and wow a group of people immediately.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-21-14 01:44 PM

1. Open Story Maker

You can also shorten the length of the video to fit into the music. Play around with the various themes to see which one has the best photo composition for you. I made a video while in the car once (was not driving ) and had it ready to share when we reached our destination.

07-23-14 10:12 AM
    How do you use color in remember me?

Posted from my Z10
    07-25-14 03:57 PM
    How do you use color in remember me?

Posted from my Z10
    Go into an old note, or make a new one.
    Tap the "fountain pen tip" at the bottom of the note and have at er'.
    If editing an old note, highlight the text you want to change first, hit the box to choose a color and BAM!
    Done.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-25-14 05:44 PM
    The z10 is relevant after all.-img_20140725_193800.png
    The z10 is relevant after all.-img_20140725_193810.png
    The z10 is relevant after all.-img_20140725_194004.png
    FF22 likes this.
    07-25-14 05:45 PM
    I've had similar reactions. People are generally impressed by the phone or at least think it's interesting and are surprised that BlackBerry made a phone like the Z10.

Point being, between the media and the lack of advertising people just don't know about the z10 or BlackBerry 10 for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    07-25-14 06:29 PM
    I've had similar reactions. People are generally impressed by the phone or at least think it's interesting and are surprised that BlackBerry made a phone like the Z10.

Point being, between the media and the lack of advertising people just don't know about the z10 or BlackBerry 10 for that matter.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully Blackberry gives the passport a chance with decent advertising so people will be more confident in buying it and give it a chance.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 08:53 PM
    Hopefully Blackberry gives the passport a chance with decent advertising so people will be more confident in buying it and give it a chance.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt it will be well advertised. I think they already think it is a niche product for a select type of enterprise customer. It will not be aimed at the general consumer.
    07-25-14 09:26 PM
    I doubt it will be well advertised. I think they already think it is a niche product for a select type of enterprise customer. It will not be aimed at the general consumer.
    Unfortunately I think you're right. But SOME advertising could help bump sales a bit with consumers? Don't ya think. A little ad saying. "This Is the new BlackBerry Passport. It's got BlackBerry 10 a wide screen and for those of you that need it, android apps through Amazon " all while someone is swiping around on the device showing the new active KB and touch screen.

I really think a 30 second spot like that would help. At least get awareness out a sell a few??

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-26-14 07:22 AM