Z10 recognizes car...wrongly-img_00001572.png

I'm sure others must be seeing this, and I'm sure there's lots of crossover in the auto-industry, but when I connect my Z10 via bluetooth, it recognizes my Honda CR-V as a Mazda. Weird. Mildly annoying. But I like that now I know what BT services I have via Z10.

For the record...a friend of mine with an iPhone 4s can't connect at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:39 AM
    My Z10 recognised my Vauxhall Zafira as a Bugatti. Not complaining

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:42 AM
    Mine shows correctly when connected to my Chevrolet. Can you go into Bluetooth settings and select details for "my mazda" and change the name?
    11-01-13 10:44 AM
    Side note/question:

Do I have to repair my phone with my car to enable this feature. Currently it just connects with no display like this. I'm thinking because it's a saved connection.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:46 AM
    @sinlessearth...ooh..good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Vauxhall and Bugatti share dna? Oooh nice!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:52 AM
    Side note/question:

Do I have to repair my phone with my car to enable this feature. Currently it just connects with no display like this. I'm thinking because it's a saved connection.

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    The display shows on 10.2. If you have 10.2 then I would try to reconnect and see what happens.
    11-01-13 10:52 AM
    Update...the bluetooth device name is Handsfree Link, so I could change it to Honda CR-V (or as I like to call it, the silver bullet...ahem).

It looks like Mazda is the computer system's DNA. It's not too bad...it's a bit of a lateral move. At least it doesn't say "Dodge Shadow" or "K-Car."

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:58 AM
    Mine gave me the option. Said "nissan" or "infinidi"

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 10:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's because Nissan owns Infiniti so the system is the same. How about mine. It gave me the choice of Toyota (which is correct) or Subaru. Was a bit surprised by that. But at least it isn't automatically thinking it's a different car altogether. The two companies probably have similar radios.
    11-01-13 11:01 AM
    Side note/question:

Any thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    What make, model and year car?

Trusted Member Genius
    11-01-13 11:26 AM
    That's because Nissan owns Infiniti so the system is the same. How about mine. It gave me the choice of Toyota (which is correct) or Subaru. Was a bit surprised by that. But at least it isn't automatically thinking it's a different car altogether. The two companies probably have similar radios.
    Actually, Subaru is owned by Toyota. Or so the Toyota dealer told us when we traded the Subaru for a Toyota 3 years ago.

Never, but Never, Question the Engineers Judgment!
    11-01-13 11:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    Haha ... so it actually said "infinidi", with the spelling mistake? That is priceless.

Mine has my car recognized correctly (i thought it asked for confirmation), but I don't have all the options that you guys have listed there in the screenshot. I think mine only has the handsfree calling option. Is that all my car allows for? Or can I enable more through the phone options?
    11-01-13 11:57 AM
    Haha ... so it actually said "infinidi", with the spelling mistake? That is priceless.

Mine has my car recognized correctly (i thought it asked for confirmation), but I don't have all the options that you guys have listed there in the screenshot. I think mine only has the handsfree calling option. Is that all my car allows for? Or can I enable more through the phone options?
    It is possible that it is all it allows for. My Chevrolet allows for calling and that is it.
    11-01-13 12:05 PM

Sorry, I'm illiterate. Infiniti*

And it says I can do a ton of different things but I haven't been able to figure out how. Apparently I can stream music and a few other things but there's no option for it to work (I've sat there for like 10 mins screwing around with it with no luck)

Posted via CB10
    AndTheArgonauts likes this.
    11-01-13 12:11 PM
    What make, model and year car?

Trusted Member Genius
    2013 Chrysler 200.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 12:12 PM
    Be happy at least it is doing the job .
    Take a chill pill?????
    Alphax45 likes this.
    11-01-13 12:40 PM
    I just changed the name of my connection in the bluetooth settings. Now it says "Chevy Trax" instead of " My car Chevy"
    11-01-13 12:59 PM
    Actually, Subaru is owned by Toyota. Or so the Toyota dealer told us when we traded the Subaru for a Toyota 3 years ago.

Never, but Never, Question the Engineers Judgment!
    Subaru is owned by Fuji Heavy Industries. Toyota is stand alone.
    ruhban likes this.
    11-01-13 01:15 PM
    Sorry, I'm illiterate. Infiniti*

And it says I can do a ton of different things but I haven't been able to figure out how. Apparently I can stream music and a few other things but there's no option for it to work (I've sat there for like 10 mins screwing around with it with no luck)

Posted via CB10
    I have a legacy device but on my car stereo it's the aux/MP3 option on the stereo that streams audio from my phone when it's paired. You may want to play around with your stereo to see if when you set it to the aux setting if you can then stream audio from your phone.
    11-01-13 02:37 PM
    Mine connects but it doesn't show that screen. I have a 2004 acura and it has bluetooth but it doesn't have audio streaming. So maybe I don't see the screen because I have an older bluetooth?

From zedten
    11-01-13 04:27 PM
    Toyota owns a stake in Fuji, so owns a stake in Subaru. They even build some cars in the same plants.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 04:32 PM
    My display is Toyota but my car is a Lexus. Feel like I've be downgraded for what I worked hard for.
    11-01-13 04:57 PM
    Subaru and Toyota collaborated on the Subaru BRZ which is rebranded the Scion FR-S
    11-01-13 05:04 PM
    My display is Toyota but my car is a Lexus. Feel like I've be downgraded for what I worked hard for.
    Me too! Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 05:23 PM
    Luxus is made by Toyota. Just like Lincoln is a ford and Cadillac is a Chevrolet.
    11-01-13 05:48 PM
35 12