I've also been trying to get to the bottom of this issue and I very much doubt that it is a hardware issue because it often reboots while sitting on my desk and I haven't touched it for minutes. I had reboots 3-4 times a day when I got it in April, running 10.0. The update put out to specifically address this problem only decreased the frequency to being once every 3-4 days. I tried several 10.2.0 leaks, but only got it to somehow stop rebooting on the first official 10.2.0 release. Updating to 10.2.0.429 brought the problem back. I did a completely security wipe and OS reload (without restoring data) last week, but no luck.

Not sure if Hub++ is the issue, given that I've had it for a long time and I was running it during the reboot-free period. I also think that a larger number of cases would have been reported in that thread given the large number of users. I may try uninstalling Hub++ and see what happens.

My carrier speculates it's a hardware problem, but I doubt it. I don't want to send my phone for repairs because it will probably come back as is, and I'll be stuck on an old Curve loaner for weeks. The best thing would be to talk to BB directly as they know the possible causes, given that they put out an OS update that solved the problem for the vast majority of users. Unfortunately, it is downright impossible to figure out a way to reach them. I can't even read the content of the log files, so I'm basically throwing darts blindfolded, hoping I can find a reproducible suggestion.
    I've learned to not expect much real insight into solving BlackBerry problems from your carrier. I get further going on Crackberry.com to find solutions. I can't say if they are any better with the other OS's. I'm guessing not. Every now and then you get lucky and find someone who really knows their stuff.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 12:47 PM
    I was getting every other day restarts and traced it to an app.
    01-23-14 08:00 PM
    I was getting every other day restarts and traced it to an app.
    Which app?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    01-23-14 08:48 PM
    Which app?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Well, let me say, usually it's a great app, and when I first had the phone, very useful. AND I only believe this was the cause... K9 Email client from BBerry World. After the T-Mo MR update (and when my regular pop client actually started working properly) I began getting a blue screen followed by restart. It stopped when I removed K9. I can only speculate that the pop account on BBerry and the same account on K9 were interfering or...?
    01-24-14 10:25 AM
    Well, let me say, usually it's a great app, and when I first had the phone, very useful. AND I only believe this was the cause... K9 Email client from BBerry World. After the T-Mo MR update (and when my regular pop client actually started working properly) I began getting a blue screen followed by restart. It stopped when I removed K9. I can only speculate that the pop account on BBerry and the same account on K9 were interfering or...?
    Thanks for the info. I don't have K9 and have never seen a blue screen, so back to square one for me

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    01-24-14 11:53 AM
    Thanks for the info. I don't have K9 and have never seen a blue screen, so back to square one for me

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    Right, but might be another app.
    01-24-14 02:22 PM
    Right, but might be another app.
    I'll start uninstalling. It must be something that can interact with the system while not running. I doubt it's something like Angry Birds.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    01-27-14 10:59 AM
32 12