My BlackBerry z10 got a quite frequent problem. Whenever it get an impact even a small 1 like putting it on the table but not softly a bit hard it will auto reboot. Can anyone help me with this situation?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:21 PM
    My BlackBerry z10 got a quite frequent problem. Whenever it get an impact even a small 1 like putting it on the table but not softly a bit hard it will auto reboot. Can anyone help me with this situation?

Most likely you have a hardware problem of some kind.

If the device is relatively new, I would take it back to the reseller and see if you can get it replaced. (Make sure to do a full backup first)

One issue that gets reported from time to time is a loose fitting battery. Is it the original battery or a 3rd-party battery? You can try putting a little paper shim (like a small piece of a business card) in between the end of the battery and the battery "indentation", opposite the battery contacts, see if that helps.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-21-13 11:30 PM
    Most likely you have a hardware problem of some kind.

If the device is relatively new, I would take it back to the reseller and see if you can get it replaced. (Make sure to do a full backup first)

One issue that gets reported from time to time is a loose fitting battery. Is it the original battery or a 3rd-party battery? You can try putting a little paper shim (like a small piece of a business card) in between the end of the battery and the battery "indentation", opposite the battery contacts, see if that helps.
    The paper method still doesn't work. Even I put it in my pocket. Sometimes it will close it self. I just get back from the dealer a few weeks ago because the speaker got problem and I waited for around 2 months for it.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 03:26 AM
    The paper method still doesn't work. Even I put it in my pocket. Sometimes it will close it self. I just get back from the dealer a few weeks ago because the speaker got problem and I waited for around 2 months for it.

How are you carrying this device - are you using a case? Putting it in your back pocket and sitting on it by accident? Does it get dropped a lot? Are you in a tropical environment with a lot of humidity or salty air?

Because you seem to be having an unusual amount of hardware problems. Maybe the unit they gave you the last time it was serviced was refurbished or used and you are inheriting someone else's previous problems.
    09-22-13 06:40 AM
    You can also apply some electrical tape to the back cover where the battery is (about two layers should do it", this will hold the battery in place. This is what I did before getting a new battery as part of the charger bundle

Posted via SmackBerry 10
    09-22-13 07:11 AM
    12 month BlackBerry warranty for most folks. If the carrier says no have them get BlackBerry on the line.

Posted via CB10 on my Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1725
    09-22-13 07:36 AM
    You can also apply some electrical tape to the back cover where the battery is (about two layers should do it", this will hold the battery in place. This is what I did before getting a new battery as part of the charger bundle

Posted via SmackBerry 10
    Do you mean by applying the electrical tape to sort of locking it in place or just filling up those tiny gaps that make the battery loosen

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:40 AM
    Do you mean by applying the electrical tape to sort of locking it in place or just filling up those tiny gaps that make the battery loosen

Posted via CB10
    On the back cover itself. I.e. On the NFC antenna

Posted via SmackBerry 10
    09-22-13 09:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Need more information. What OS version are u running?

Sent from my Motorola Startac
    09-22-13 11:19 AM
    Need more information. What OS version are u running?

For os version is 10.1.0.4633
    For software version is 10.1.0.4181

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:42 PM
    For os version is 10.1.0.4633
    For software version is 10.1.0.4181

Posted via CB10
    Load the leak.

09-22-13 09:43 PM
    Load the leak.

Maybe I will just wait till the official release and see how's it going

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:24 AM
    Sounds like a hardware issue call BlackBerry support or your carrier. I have heard in the past some came with loose screws which when tightened properly corrected the problem. I myself wouldn't open a new BlackBerry I would send that back. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Replace the device, the battery, and the SIM card together. That worked for me. Something is not playing nicely.

Keith H. Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:55 AM
    Replace the device, the battery, and the SIM card together. That worked for me. Something is not playing nicely.

Keith H. Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by replacing the device?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:27 AM
    What do you mean by replacing the device?

Posted via CB10
    Get a warranty replacement from your carrier, if possible. Good luck
    09-23-13 09:26 AM
    Load the leak.

Based on the OS version s/he is running, and given the fact that the issue apparently only occurs when the device is physically moved or disturbed, I see little reason why changing the OS is going to impact this.

10.1.0.4633 is not known for self-reboot issues, in fact it is dramatically better than various 10.0.9/10.0.10 releases which did indeed have that problem for many users. (Including myself. All of which stopped entirely after installing 10.1.)
    09-23-13 09:33 AM
    Based on the OS version s/he is running, and given the fact that the issue apparently only occurs when the device is physically moved or disturbed, I see little reason why changing the OS is going to impact this.

10.1.0.4633 is not known for self-reboot issues, in fact it is dramatically better than various 10.0.9/10.0.10 releases which did indeed have that problem for many users. (Including myself. All of which stopped entirely after running 10.1.)
    10.2 is dramatically better.

09-23-13 09:34 AM
    This reboot issue was happening a lot in many of the Z10 devices when first released. The carriers were replacing them with no problem. Give it a try and take it back to the carrier, it doesn't hurt to try
    09-23-13 09:39 AM
    10.2 is dramatically better.

Than what?

I estimate over 95% of the people that installed any but the very early builds of 10.1 had their previous self-reboot problems when running 10.0.9.xxxx or 10.0.10.xxxx completely disappear.

Whereas, a few people who installed leaked 10.2 builds actually reported new self-reboot issues they didn't have with 10.1.

Therefore I really do NOT think that is going to solve anything for this person, and on top of it, throws all sorts of other variables into the picture that could actually work against them.

They really need to pursue the hardware angle first. Especially because many carriers will refuse to replace a device under warranty if they discover an unofficial software version installed on it.
    09-23-13 10:06 AM
    Than what?

I estimate over 95% of the people that installed any but the very early builds of 10.1 had their previous self-reboot problems when running 10.0.9.xxxx or 10.0.10.xxxx completely disappear.

Whereas, a few people who installed leaked 10.2 builds actually reported new self-reboot issues they didn't have with 10.1.

Therefore I really do NOT think that is going to solve anything for this person, and on top of it, throws all sorts of other variables into the picture that could actually work against them.

They really need to pursue the hardware angle.
    Therefore. Load 10.2.

09-23-13 10:08 AM
    Therefore. Load 10.2.

I've concluded that you're just an auto-post-bot.

(Also: note you quoted an early version of my post before I added a key part at the bottom)
    09-23-13 10:40 AM
    I've concluded that you're just an auto-post-bot.
    Yes.

09-23-13 10:40 AM
    But if I send it to the carriers it would be very troublesome. Last time when I send it to them about the speaker problem. After 3 weeks I get back my phone and I noticed it is unfixed. I called up and ask about it they say the first step they would do is to test the phone again about the phone when they receive the phone. And they say got no problem. And send it back to them and waited for another 3 weeks and only the problem is fixed. And I noticed they actually changed the phone but I looked deep into it I think they only change the front which is the screen part because the behind battery part of the phone looks the same with the old 1 which has a little marks that I am able to notice. If I were to send it back to fix the battery problem, then I would be much more disturbed, as my studies a lot depends on phone which got my notes

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 06:28 AM
    But if I send it to the carriers it would be very troublesome. Last time when I send it to them about the speaker problem. After 3 weeks I get back my phone and I noticed it is unfixed. I called up and ask about it they say the first step they would do is to test the phone again about the phone when they receive the phone. And they say got no problem.

If you are quite sure that a minor physical impact will usually cause the device to restart, then if I were you I would go to the store and demonstrate this to them directly.

Here in the USA that would quite possibly result in a replacement being given right on the spot. If your carrier wherever you are is being difficult about that, that's mostly between you and your carrier.

You could try calling Blackberry directly and asking them to intervene, I do not know how your local distributor handles that. In the mobile industry very often the wireless carriers are heavily involved in the hardware sales, so you are often at the mercy of their retail policies when it comes to product warranties.
    09-24-13 06:49 AM
30 12