Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've owned the blackberry z10 for the last 2 months now and I completely love it. Best phone iv'e used up to date. Yesterday the phone began to randomly reboot and overheat. Did so about 3 times in 2 hours. Battery drained at one point so when i got home i put it on charge while it was off. After turning on the phone the battery was up to 50% like expected but then suddenly the phone shut off and never turned on again. All i get is the red led flash. I read many reccomended tips on getting started again including reinstalling the software via blackberry web update or autoloading the original software. Sadly enough both failed. Both process would run to a hundred percent and when i think everything is about to work fine the phone on gives me a red led again. I know i'm under a year warranty from blackberry but i'm currently on a business trip for the next 6 months and no way off returning my phone to rogers canada in the mean time. Has this ever happend to anyone? Any other recomendations?

Thanks a lot
    05-01-13 04:35 AM
    Try plugging it in to BlackBerry Link, click on z10 and then 'restore'

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:39 AM
    Bad android app killing your cpu to drain your battery. reinstall
    05-01-13 04:41 AM
    Phone doesn't turn on at all. Like i said only red led showing up. I sideloaded a couple of adroid apps when i first first got it but removed them within the first the minute because they didnt run properly. I doubt that's the issue. Also tried connecting it to blackberry link, but the software would only recognize the phone for a split second then dissapear.
    05-01-13 04:58 AM
    If possible try a new battery if you can get one. See if the battery is the issue rather than the phone.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    Last edited by knighty2112; 05-05-13 at 03:43 PM.
    05-01-13 05:01 AM
    Tried new battery as well. Phone just completely died i guess. Even reflashing the software didnt work
    05-02-13 02:11 AM
    Overheated maybe. The red LED indicates hardware problem.

Just speculation but if it's not turning on. That's my guess.
    05-02-13 02:30 AM

OP does the red light blink on and off or does it just come on when trying to power on like normal?

The red LED turns on every time you boot the phone to let you know it is working... not to tell you it is NOT working.

To me it almost seems like everything is working except the screen. To test this try and turn it on. After the red light goes off wait the normal time it usually takes to boot the phone. Then plug it into a computer and see if you can see and interact with the file system. If you can I bet it is just a burned out screen. Out of curiosity only of course... either way you should get a new device with warranty.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 03:17 AM
    The problem is with the circuit inside. I have this problem with my PlayBook. U need to change the whole device. Sorry mate. It's gone.
    05-02-13 05:10 AM