Does anyone get these random restarts where you put your phone down and you realize you have no active frames running. Then you come to the conclusion that your phone restarted based on the boot time log in the settings?

Last night and the night before my phone restarted when I was sleeping. It was plugged in and in beside mode. I woke up to find it on the app list and no active frames. Running 10.0.10.85.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    03-13-13 08:14 AM
    Does anyone get these random restarts where you put your phone down and you realize you have no active frames running. Then you come to the conclusion that your phone restarted based on the boot time log in the settings?

Last night and the night before my phone restarted when I was sleeping. It was plugged in and in beside mode. I woke up to find it on the app list and no active frames. Running 10.0.10.85.

I saw this 2 days ago. At 3AM I start hearing email notifications and bedside mode was turned off. When I looked at the Boot Time it was 1am. A bit frustrating.
    03-13-13 08:24 AM
    Yes, as I have stated in my previous post, I have one after ending a phone call and another after using the BB Hub. The phone just restarted by itself for no apparent reason.

I am using an Z10 100-3 unlocked version on T-Mobile 4G here in the US and I have the current update 10.0.0.85 for T-Mobile. I think this is a software and not a hardware issue, so I patient that it will be fixed in a future update.
    03-13-13 10:24 AM
    I am also having random restarts.
    I've searched everywhere and nobody has addressed this issue.
    Is this something we aren't supposed to talk about?
    Nobody from crackberry or blackberry and responded to any of the threads I've found on the internet.
    I love my Z10 and this is the only worry I have.
    I often check my boot time and it's always different even though I haven't restarted the phone.
    Is it something as simple as having to uninstall a certain app?
    I don't have anything sideloaded, only World apps installed.
    Does blackberry know about this and working to fix it in the next update?
    Is it a hardware issue? If so I would like to know so I can get a proper device.
    03-18-13 08:09 AM
    Can you guys mention your model number? My Z10 has not restarted once on its own. Last boot was on 14th of March. And that was because the battery died on me. I'm using the Stl -100-1. Maybe this issue is with a particular hardware model.

Posted via CB10
    bpfontes likes this.
    03-18-13 08:15 AM
    Yea u keep getting them and it's so frustrating. I just hope a update comes after the US launch.

03-18-13 08:17 AM
    Can you guys mention your model number? My Z10 has not restarted once on its own. Last boot was on 14th of March. And that was because the battery died on me. I'm using the Stl -100-1. Maybe this issue is with a particular hardware model.

Posted via CB10
    Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.672

RFK121LW

03-18-13 08:21 AM
    St100-3 get them every few days

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 08:27 AM
    Z10STL100-3/10.0.10.672

RFK121LW

Mine is also a 100-3 RFK121LW unlocked and has 10.0.0.85 and I am on T-Mobile 4G USA. I haven't one one in a couple of days though. I think Blackberry is aware of this and there are some threads in the Z10 forum on this issue I have also responded to. I also think there will be another update before the launch here in the USA, so far I can live with it until they get it resolved.
    03-18-13 08:28 AM
    Wow seems like an issue with the 100-3 model.
    Kind of puzzling. This is where you have to appreciate Apple's way. They have just one hardware version for a particular phone.
    Three different models is giving three different experiences and they have to work on three different OS versions. Just making life harder for themselves.
    If someone were to ask you guys then the Z10 had issues. If someone would ask a 100-1 owner then there are none. Not a unified owner experience I guess. Hopefully it's just a software issue and BlackBerry can sort it out with an update. I'd hate to imagine what would happen to them if this is a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 08:37 AM
    Wow seems like an issue with the 100-3 model.
    Kind of puzzling. This is where you have to appreciate Apple's way. They have just one hardware version for a particular phone.
    Three different models is giving three different experiences and they have to work on three different OS versions. Just making life harder for themselves.
    If someone were to ask you guys then the Z10 had issues. If someone would ask a 100-1 owner then there are none. Not a unified owner experience I guess. Hopefully it's just a software issue and BlackBerry can sort it out with an update. I'd hate to imagine what would happen to them if this is a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10

It's no different with Android or Apple, the iPhone 5 also had different hardware variations i.e. Verizon (A1429 CDMA & GSM), Sprint (A1429 CDMA) and the GSM version (A1428). The Galaxy S3 has different models for the USA and International markets. It will all work out in the end, I am loving my z10 and I found that when I had to go back to my backup iPhone 5, it sucked. I sold the iPhone 5 yesterday and I am not looking back.
    03-18-13 08:50 AM
    I have the 100-3 and my uptime is since March 14... when I restarted cause I was trying to get my contact list from WhatsApp lol

I always have a bunch of frames open, I also have sideloaded apps and heavy user (I have to charge my phone 2 to 3 times per day)

Never had any random reboot. I'm with Bell mobility.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 09:09 AM
    Do you have an sd card in your Z10?

Mine reboots when it is plugged into the computer and am writing a lot to the sd card - this doesn't happen when it is writing to the internal memory.
    03-18-13 11:04 AM
    I haven't had one that I know of (it might happen in the middle of the night, but I don't keep my phone in the bedroom at night). I'm using the 100-3 on Rogers, locked to Rogers.

As for Apple and Android phones only having one version, keep dreaming. Different countries have different frequencies for their cell phone service. Different models need to be created to accommodate those differences. It always looks the same on the outside, but inside there are differences.

JB
    03-18-13 11:10 AM
    I do have a sd card and im probably going to stop using it. I'll look further into it and try to pinpoint the issue.

03-18-13 12:03 PM
    100-3 here. When I first got my Z on Feb 5th I had one random restart when I put it into the holster, but nothing since.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-18-13 12:17 PM
    Device randomly restarts for me as well, just did today while lying on my desk, not doing anything.

Got an STL100-2 on. 90 software, bought on Amazon, operating on T-Mobile Germany. Got an unencrypted SD card in it, have the device storage encrypted, though.

Really odd...
    03-18-13 12:46 PM
    My sister is having the same issue as you guys. I wonder if it has to do with the SD card. (she took her card from her android)

I'll have the screen share with her to find out what version of the os she has but I'm pretty sure she's on the latest one and her phone is a 100-3
    03-18-13 01:02 PM
    Do you have an sd card in your Z10?

Mine reboots when it is plugged into the computer and am writing a lot to the sd card - this doesn't happen when it is writing to the internal memory.
    The first time my 100-3 unlocked z10 ever did a restart was after I put the new Micro SD card in the device, I took the card back out thinking this might be the issue, but I had another restart. I put the SD card back in and it's been perfect ever since.

I haven't had a restart in a couple of days and since then, I have setup my Blackberry link, backed up my phone, transfered data from my SD card to/from my Mac desktop and have used the z10 heavily and no restarts.

I have noticed one more thing that the more you use the phone and it's functions, the more stable the device becomes. I used to always have issues like this when I was running Android and custom ROM's on a rooted device, so it's no big deal to me. For a new product with a brand new OS, I am impressed.

As least we z10 owners have received a major update to fix the first few bugs on the device, I can remember on some of the Android and Apple IOS devices, there would be major bugs that we waited months to get fixed through an update. I would love to see one more major update before the release of the product here in the USA, but so far I am more then pleased with my new investment.
    axe50 likes this.
    03-18-13 01:08 PM
    I have had two incidents of random restart that I am aware of during the approx. 3 weeks that I have had the Z10. The last time about 2 hours ago. My phone was just sitting on my desk. No apps running. What I did notice, was that the battery (back of the handset) compartment area was considerably hotter than while the phone was in use. Mind you the phone was rebooting at that time so it is possible that the extra heat was from that operation. Once it finished booting up, temps seem normal and all functions seem normal.
    Model: STL100-3
    No SD card
    Carrier: Rogers
    Overall I am very happy with my Z10. They only real disappointment with the system is BB link...it totally sucks, I have not been able to back up my phone....and it is a useless piece of ***p The handset is everything I expected and more, but would have thought that Link would have been more ready for prime time as it is the means to switch from one handset to the new handset. Anyway that is another post. I just hope that this random restart issue is not a symptom of an approaching hardware issue.
    03-18-13 01:37 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me. I replaced the battery 1 week ago today, and haven't had a random restart since.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 01:49 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me. I replaced the battery 1 week ago today, and haven't had a random restart since.

Posted via CB10
    It can't be a faulty battery?

03-18-13 02:50 PM
    In my case it seems to have been a faulty battery. Do you have a spare battery that you can swap in to try out? I used the battery from the z10 charging bundle, and while it's only been a week I haven't had an issue since.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 03:02 PM
    No I do not but I do plan on buying that charging bundle.

03-18-13 03:50 PM
    I really hope this settles this issue. I just came from my local telus store and the associate had no problem with switching me a new battery. I keep detailed track of my unwanted restarts by taking a screen shot (holding the volume + and - for 3 seconds) of the boot time by going into "system settings" then "about" then changing the category to "hardware" and at the bottom will show "boot time". Before almost every time I wake up or when I've gone to bed i check the boot time and there was a reboot at some point.

Will keep everyone posted if this works or not.
    CRACKBERRY_OZ likes this.
    03-18-13 03:59 PM
206 123 ...