It took me a few days after first getting my Z10 to get my reboots on vzw. I was getting them atleast once a day. Then I tried the leaked 10.0.10 OS from AT&T. Had that OS for almost a week, and then moved up to 2 reboots a day. Installed the 10.1 leak last night. Had my first reboot just a few minutes ago.
    04-22-13 03:46 PM
    Good, this way Verizon people can enjoy it properly

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:50 PM
    My prediction: Memory Leak

After a full days use i see my memory usage get down to about 680mb free even though I have closed all available apps. After its rebooted itself memory shoots back up to 1.2G
    04-22-13 04:04 PM
    Verizon Z10 here.
    Mine has been rebooting overnight while charging, of course means it's pulled out of Bedside Mode and I start hearing emails......
    I know this because in the morning I check settings>about>hardware and it shows last boot time.

Mark
    This is exactly what is happening to my Z on Verizon. Only at night while charging. Its a pain, I have to set it to bed side mode in the middle of the night to make sure I see the time in the AM. No side loaded apps, in fact I only have a few apps installed. Hope they get it fixed soon.
    04-22-13 06:28 PM
    This BlackBerry article states versions of affected phones as :
    BlackBerry10OSversions 10.0.10.684,10.0.10.672,and10.0.9.2743

I have 10.10.0.85 now - not sure what I had before.
    Carrier is Rogers.
    No random reboots since I got the phone in Feb. No side loaded apps. Pretty heavy email, telephone, crackberry usage.
    04-22-13 06:39 PM
    This BlackBerry article states versions of affected phones as :
    BlackBerry10OSversions 10.0.10.684,10.0.10.672,and10.0.9.2743

I have 10.10.0.85 now - not sure what I had before.
    Carrier is Rogers.
    No random reboots since I got the phone in Feb. No side loaded apps. Pretty heavy email, telephone, crackberry usage.
    Can you find the article and post it please. I would like to read it.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 06:58 PM
    if they don't fix this rebooting bull**** I'm abandoning BlackBerry forever this time.
    04-22-13 07:03 PM
    I have had my z10 since launch and no reboots until last night! My first on ATT..NO side loaded apps. Never had a reboot with the older att version until I just upgraded to 116 OS.
    04-22-13 07:16 PM
    Can you find the article and post it please. I would like to read it.

Posted via CB10
    It's the article linked in the original post.

Z10 Random Reboots: Blackberry is working on it-img_00000038.png

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:24 PM
    Has never happened to me and had Z10 about a week after launch here in Canada. Only issues have been Ebay battery eating app and a few times hub has said can't display email, which has been rectified with manual reboot.

Glad BlackBerry has acknowledged it and is working on it though. I know it has been an annoying issue for some users.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:24 PM
    Verizon users are not alone on this issue. I'm on AT&T. My phone was doing it pretty bad also. My wife's phone shuts itself off when it feels like it. Since AT&T update I haven't had a problem period but hers remained needless to say we will be getting hers replaced tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 07:28 PM
    i am now on my third brand new z10. every one of them has had and continues to have rebooting issues.
    04-23-13 05:47 AM
    STL100-2 10.0.10.99. OS version 10.0.10.738, build 455718
    No reboots, Boot Time in settings is April 16 which is right as I switched off the phone after boarding a plane.

Happy days!

~ttz
    04-23-13 06:27 AM
    For two years all BlackBerry seems to be able to say. Is "Wait, it's coming Soon"

Enough is enough. Fix the dam phone now or at least let us know you have some clue as to what the rebooting is about.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 06:54 AM
    Have you ever seen so many postings on CB about an issue and see CB be so silent.

Not a word. Not an article. Nothing.

Sounds like Thor has Kevin by the short hairs.

Too bad.

Tim

kbz1960 likes this.
    04-23-13 06:56 AM
    Have you ever seen so many postings on CB about an issue and see CB be so silent.

Not a word. Not an article. Nothing.

Sounds like Thor has Kevin by the short hairs.

Too bad.

Tim

I have actually been wondering this myself. I have only seen one post by Kevin mentioning the reboots in a thread that someone specifically put Kevin's name in the title asking him directly. He said that he has not experienced the random reboots on any of his Z10's, but was going to get a Verizon to see if he had the same issues as being reported, but that was last week.
    04-23-13 07:03 AM
    I've had my Z10 for about a week and no reboots with 10.0.10.85 on T-Mobile -- however my brother's Z10 on T-Mobile has rebooted a few times from what he's told me -- hopefully this will be cleared up soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:05 AM
    at least let us know you have some clue as to what the rebooting is about
    Agreed... I can deal with the reboots for now, but I don't like being left in the dark as to what might be done about it. I don't mind being a "beta tester" for their new OS, but if they leave me/us out of the process... then it's not much fun

Even though I bought the phone knowing I might have this issue, I still kinda expected to hear something by now about what the possible fix would be. The longer BlackBerry leaves us/me in the dark, the more I get this bad feeling that it CAN'T be fixed without replacing the device itself. The "not knowing" worries me much more than the actual reboots.

Incidentally, I did ask BlackBerry support about it yesterday, and they basically said they're working on it, but have no news yet...
    04-23-13 09:03 AM
    Another note... if you're having rebooting problems, it may help BlackBerry to figure out the problem if you have Diagnostics turned on. Not sure if it reports anything related to reboots, but can't hurt:

Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Diagnostics
    04-23-13 09:11 AM
    It's not just a Verizon issue. I'm on AT&T and it happens to me about every 2-3 days. Not a big deal but still annoying. Just a side note it seems to happen when I open my flip case.
    04-27-13 07:55 AM
    Z10 on Rogers here. Yes, I have some random reboots after the latest round of mandatory apps update. My Z10 is on 10.0.0.85 and is as stock as possible. Upgraded to 10.0.0.85 and it was rock solid until 2 weeks ago and saw some app updates (I think Twitter or LinkedIn) and since I upgraded, I have had random reboots. I gained stability again by resetting to Factory default 10.0.0.85. But day before yesterday, I updated a 9 MB update due to reinstalling some default apps which I had previously deleted and bam, my random reboots started again. So, I can't wait for 10.1 to officially come out.

I can live without apps but I can't live without a stable phone.
    04-27-13 02:02 PM
    Spent an hour on the phone with BlackBerry tech support this morning and during that time was transferred to a senior tech. After examining the logs from my z10 he told me that my device had the same problem as other devices, that it was a software issue, that a resolution was a priority of the development team, that the fix would come in the next OS update (not necessarily 10.1) and that there was no projected date for a fix to be released. I hate to say it but I get the feeling that this issue will be with us for a while.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:37 PM
    Spent an hour on the phone with BlackBerry tech support this morning and during that time was transferred to a senior tech. After examining the logs from my z10 he told me that my device had the same problem as other devices, that it was a software issue, that a resolution was a priority of the development team, that the fix would come in the next OS update (not necessarily 10.1) and that there was no projected date for a fix to be released. I hate to say it but I get the feeling that this issue will be with us for a while.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, darn! Was hoping for a quick resolution to this problem.
    04-27-13 02:41 PM
    I've had two reboots today, after the first one a deleted app came back. It was asking for Internet connection and it wouldn't work when I denied it access so I deleted it. A couple of hours later when it rebooted randomly the app was back.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:46 PM
    Only twice for a month. I guess I'm lucky. Considering I'm using the STL 100-1. Lol. I think this model only very rarely reboots (but have worse GPU and processor :-().
    04-27-13 03:33 PM
57 123