Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know, BB knows about the random reboot issue, and they are working on it:

KB34039-BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage

So be patient!
    04-17-13 07:47 AM
    I do not seem to have this issue.
    rjkolo likes this.
    04-21-13 07:32 PM
    Not sure what the cause is but I have had a few random reboots as well. Just kinda letting it go right now though. Verizon white Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 07:59 PM
    Me too with reboots on Verizon. Talked with a representative about that along with my voice mail problems and suppose to get a call back on Tuesday. Will see what happens.
    04-21-13 08:13 PM
    I do not seem to have this issue.
    Good job Rich, very helpful
    04-21-13 08:36 PM
    Maybe its carrier related issue, cause I don't think this problem exists in Asia.
    04-21-13 08:49 PM
    Hi I'm from Singapore and I do get random reboots. But not as often now. When I got my z10. I sideloaded about 4 android apps, the reboot happened after sideloading. So removed 2 of it, keeping the essential ones that I use most often. The reboot now occurs occasionally but I can deal with it.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 08:55 PM
    Is this on Verizon or on some other variant? I've been using my LE for quite a while and have no issues with reboots whatsoever.....
    04-21-13 08:57 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know, BB knows about the random reboot issue, and they are working on it:

KB34039-BlackBerry Z10 smartphone reboots randomly during normal usage

So be patient!
    Thanks, I've been monitoring that too. Just wish there was some Official Word on whether it's a hardware or software issue. I'm almost two days into ownership of a Verizon Z10, and I've seen two random restarts already. The other weird thing is it seems to close some (not all, so it's not a reboot) of my apps now and then too.
    04-21-13 08:57 PM
    With Telus in Canada and never had a single reboot. Had phone since February 5

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:01 PM
    Also know two people on Rogers and two on bell in Canada. No rebooting issues. Seems to be a Verizon issues?
    Also know have friends in Britain who also have no rebooting issues. I've been trying to get my phone to reboot but the z10 stands up to all my abuse.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:05 PM
    Good to know, Thanks for sharing.
    04-21-13 09:07 PM
    Verizon Z10 here.
    Mine has been rebooting overnight while charging, of course means it's pulled out of Bedside Mode and I start hearing emails......
    I know this because in the morning I check settings>about>hardware and it shows last boot time.

Mark
    04-21-13 09:07 PM
    Got my Zed at launch have had no random reboots only problem I've had was a game freezing on me a couple of times. From what I have read on the forums makes me believe it's side loaded android apps causing the problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:09 PM
    Hello, new to the forums. Z10 on T-mobile here in the US, purchased on 4/11 and I am experiencing random reboots. I have not side loaded a single android app, and I have not downloaded any apps from BBWorld or deleted any of the pre-installed software. Software release is 10.0.10.85. Having reboots off the charger when the phone isn't doing anything (no running processes/multitasks present). My last reboot happened about four minutes ago, I looked down from my monitor to my phone and thought I had a text message incoming because the notification light lit up, but then realized it was a reboot after the BlackBerry splash screen appeared. I would say since 4/11, I've had about eight to ten reboots that I actually witnessed, unsure about how many might be occurring overnight or when my phone is not on me. Not sure at this point if I should take my phone back to T-mobile and exchange it for another Z10, or just sit tight and wait for BB to update and hopefully fix it.

P.S. First BB device and I love it besides the minor bugs, coming over from multiple droid devices .

-Matt
    04-21-13 09:17 PM
    From what I have read on the forums makes me believe it's side loaded android apps causing the problems.
    That may cause problems too, but many people (myself included) haven't sideloaded anything and still experience restarts. For every theory I've read there seems to be exceptions as well.
    04-21-13 09:20 PM
    That may cause problems too, but many people (myself included) haven't sideloaded anything and still experience restarts. For every theory I've read there seems to be exceptions as well.
    This exactly. I think this is why it's so difficult for BlackBerry to narrow down. There seems to be a variety of different reasons. I haven't had any reboots myself but I hope they can get it figured out soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:41 PM
    It seems to be a carrier issue. T-Mobile 2 plus weeks not one reboot. Bunch of side loaded apps as well. God knows what crap Verizon pre installs on their units...

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:45 PM
    I was curious about this issue so I pooled my friends, two Rogers, one Telus, two bell and one AT&T and no one had random reboots.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:12 PM
    Z10 LE on Bell, and I've seen a few. I'll see if I get any with 10.1 leak.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:14 PM
    TMo here....

10.0.0.85 --- several random re-boots

10.1.0.xxx (loaded today) --- 12 hours and no re-boot. A little early to tell, but i'll report back. Seems like the acid test will be it charging overnight...
    04-21-13 10:25 PM
    This exactly. I think this is why it's so difficult for BlackBerry to narrow down. There seems to be a variety of different reasons. I haven't had any reboots myself but I hope they can get it figured out soon.

Posted via CB10
    Jeezus. Last I remembered, QNX ported DTrace from Sun Microsystems to trace EVERYTHING their Solaris OS was doing. In fact Apple has also ported DTrace and there was an uproar from the developers because Apple handicapped it when they brought it over--Apple tried to keep a part of their OS away from prying eyes so to speak. BlackBerry should be able to iron this out in no time. QNX is a great OS with great tools to get it fixed. It's a non issue.
    04-21-13 11:10 PM
    With Telus in Canada and never had a single reboot. Had phone since February 5

Posted via CB10
    Show us your uptime!!! Don't only talk "never had a single reboot".
    04-21-13 11:33 PM
    Jeezus. Last I remembered, QNX ported DTrace from Sun Microsystems to trace EVERYTHING their Solaris OS was doing. In fact Apple has also ported DTrace and there was an uproar from the developers because Apple handicapped it when they brought it over--Apple tried to keep a part of their OS away from prying eyes so to speak. BlackBerry should be able to iron this out in no time. QNX is a great OS with great tools to get it fixed. It's a non issue.
    Sneaky Apple with their dsmos kernel module and stopping people from debugging iTunes

Blackberry should be able to iron out a lot of things in no time. It's just that their track record proves otherwise. They finally acknowledge the reboot issue after months of complaints on CB and the official forums, they have no idea what's causing it and they have no idea what to do about it.
    04-22-13 02:28 AM
    I was just thinking that, someone said it was becuase of media card encryption and I went to turn it off...it was already off. Someone said becuase of side loading apps...I don't have any. SOmeone said it's becuase I over load it with too many things to do at once...it rebooted just laying on my desk.
    04-22-13 02:57 PM
57 123