Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with the the two items mentioned above:

1) Volume: It seems to me that the volume is extremely low on the device. Almost like I'm on call at max volume but not on speakerphone. The device needs to be very close to max or at max in order for me to hear anything. If it is at the halfway mark, it is like there is no sound. Is there a setting where I can adjust this? Or is this something specific to my device?

2) Software updates: I've seen this issue a couple of times with my device and never understood why this would happen. I've updated to the most recent software version available for my carrier, but yet I get notifications in the HUB that says there is a software update that is the exact same version. I look in my settings and see that I'm on 10.1.0.4181, but still get messages and can see in the settings that there is a software update for this exact same version number. Quite peculiar.

Let me know if you can help with these issues.
    Thanks.
    10-06-13 05:55 PM
    Can't help for #1 but #2 I may be of some help. Have you deleted any carrier pushed apps like Facebook or LinkedIn foursquare etc? If so you will be sent an update that restores them.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 06:12 PM
    Is the low sound on everything?

Maybe you made the volume button so it controls the notification sound, rather than media.

Check your main volume under settings.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 07:54 PM
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the response. I'll answer each of your questions below.

Can't help for #1 but #2 I may be of some help. Have you deleted any carrier pushed apps like Facebook or LinkedIn foursquare etc? If so you will be sent an update that restores them.
    I have not deleted any carrier provided apps. I have all of those apps that you mention, even though I don't use them. Basically, I have everything that came with the unit and then added a number of apps from BB World.

Is the low sound on everything?

Maybe you made the volume button so it controls the notification sound, rather than media.

Check your main volume under settings.

Posted via CB10
    There is low sound on everything.

What do you mean by "you made the volume button so it controls the notification sound, rather than media"? How do I check if this is the case? I've gone into settings and for both Notifications and Main Volume, they are up to the max. Not sure what they should be set at, but this is what their current settings are. Should I be turning down the notifications? Should that impact YouTube videos or game sounds?

Let me know.
    Thanks again.
    10-06-13 08:13 PM
    there are two speakers on the phone. the earpiece speaker and the media speaker. if the ear piece speaker is quiet and the media speaker is fine then the ear piece speaker is blown out. if they are both quiet I cant really help you. if the ear piece speaker is blown out then you should return for a warrenty repair or replacement.

I had 3 Z10's ear pieces die out on me. they work fine for a month or so then just go super quiet and staticy. after the third the ear piece speaker died I traded my z10 in for a Galaxy S4. The Z10 is a infinitely superior phone compared to the galaxy in my opinion. its a as shame i was forced to switch to a samsung. I have a co worker who had his ear piece die on his Z10 as well.
    10-09-13 12:54 AM
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the response. I'll answer each of your questions below.

I have not deleted any carrier provided apps. I have all of those apps that you mention, even though I don't use them. Basically, I have everything that came with the unit and then added a number of apps from BB World.

There is low sound on everything.

What do you mean by "you made the volume button so it controls the notification sound, rather than media"? How do I check if this is the case? I've gone into settings and for both Notifications and Main Volume, they are up to the max. Not sure what they should be set at, but this is what their current settings are. Should I be turning down the notifications? Should that impact YouTube videos or game sounds?

Let me know.
    Thanks again.
    Ok I highly doubt it's the settings. But to show you what I was talking about.
    "Always adjust media volume"

I'd take it back for repairs.

Z10 Questions - volume and software updates-img_00001251.png

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 10:03 PM
    there are two speakers on the phone. the earpiece speaker and the media speaker. if the ear piece speaker is quiet and the media speaker is fine then the ear piece speaker is blown out. if they are both quiet I cant really help you. if the ear piece speaker is blown out then you should return for a warrenty repair or replacement.

I had 3 Z10's ear pieces die out on me. they work fine for a month or so then just go super quiet and staticy. after the third the ear piece speaker died I traded my z10 in for a Galaxy S4. The Z10 is a infinitely superior phone compared to the galaxy in my opinion. its a as shame i was forced to switch to a samsung. I have a co worker who had his ear piece die on his Z10 as well.
    How are you using your phone speakers? Courious to know if your the type of person who likes to share his music with the world and crank it full blast on the subway or bus? Lol maybe that's the reason your blowing the speakers?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 08:52 PM
    How are you using your phone speakers? Courious to know if your the type of person who likes to share his music with the world and crank it full blast on the subway or bus? Lol maybe that's the reason your blowing the speakers?

Posted via CB10
    It's actually common. Mine kinda crackles for a while, but I think it may have fixed itself.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 09:35 PM