Have a couple of Z10 questions. Did some forum searching and didn't find what I was looking for.

Looking for input form somebody who DID NOT transfer settings/media/etc... from their old BB phone to their new Z10 using Link. I wanted to check and see what the 'default' file directory structure was in regard to where music is stored. Currently my music files are on the SD card in \BlackBerry\music\Media Sync. I see there is also \music folder in the root directory of the SD card but it has nothing in it. I think BBDM placed them under the BlackBerry\music\Media Sync folder on my old OS 7.1 device (or earlier). Are your music files under the \Music folder in the root directory of the SD card? Is it still under a folder called \Media Sync ?

Another question regarding Media (pictures). When I pull up the Pictures app and then select Albums its showing several albums which are correct, but it also shows and album titles 'Unknown' and says there are 34 pictures in it (with 4 small preview thumbnails of pictures that are actually in another album). When I select that album I get a blank screen, it appears to have no content? How do I get the Pictures app to stop showing the 'Unknown' album? Why is it there?

Thanks Much!

Rick
    06-26-13 07:54 AM
    I think you need to format your memory card from your Z10, as you still have file directories from legacy BBOS which aren't used in BB10.

The default file directory for music is now just Media Card/music. There are no Media Sync or root directories in BB10.

As for your 'Unknown' pictures album... that's probably caused by the old format too, as I don't have this issue.

I suggest you plug into a PC, copy over all your media, format the card from your phone, then drop your media back into the correct folders.
    Also, make sure you don't copy over any old BBOS .dat files, as they don't play well with BB10.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    06-26-13 09:22 AM
    Thank you sir, that is exactly the information I was looking for.

Copied all the contents to my PC, formatted the card using the phone and then copied the stuff back over into the appropriate folders (minus the .dat stuff)

Interesting side note, still showing an 'Unknown' picture album and it says there are 8 pictures in it, preview thumbnails are just white (shade of gray), but when I clock on the album I get a blank black screen and can't scroll to any of them. I'll give it some time to settle in and a few reboots and see if it eventually goes away.

Appreciate the feedback, Thank you

Rick
    06-26-13 11:04 AM
    I'm getting white picture thumbnails as well, also in an album titled "unknown". I can't delete the thumbnails either. It's not a memory card issue because it's saved on my phone memory. Restarted several times but no luck. Any ideas?
    06-30-13 03:47 PM
    Still ha e the unknown items on mine. Haven't figured out a way to get rid of them yet

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 08:11 PM
    Still ha e the unknown items on mine. Haven't figured out a way to get rid of them yet

Posted via CB10
    Use the file manager and delete them.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 09:12 PM
    That would be a fantastic solution if there were actual files to delete. Have looked everywhere and they don't exist, which is further supported by the fact that when you click the preview thumbnail, nothing shows up.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 02:02 PM