With those reporting that at&t not pushing the z10 very well, I thought I would mention that the T-Mobile store on the north side of Indianapolis where I bought mine was great. They were excited about the new model and even let me try one that one of the guys personally owned so I could try without the cable attached.

T-Mobile tends to be the best in terms of knowledgable sales staff i have dealt with

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-31-13 05:51 PM
    I guess it depends on the store. The AT&T in my area, i have to admit i was a bit disappointed when BB10 first launched in January coz they told me that they didn't even know that there was gonna be a new BB phone. However, when the AT&T launch closed in they called me and said they remembered that i asked about it in january and actively tried to sell me the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 06:06 PM
    I went to pick mines up last Friday, it took a bit long because of some computer issues but it was smooth overall, they even transferred my SIM card over to the new micro SIM right on the spot and set up everything for me. I was very pleased!
    03-31-13 06:10 PM
    The one I went to in Richardson Texas had pamphlets and were excited about it. They didn't know too much about it but didn't try to persuade me to buy something else. Very friendly and respected what I wanted to buy.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:52 PM
    I'm going into Tmo tomorrow before classes to purchase my Z10 (so excited I can't even sleep!). I have a question (new to the whole US carrier thing). With their new structure, do they still require a deposit? Or just the down payment?
    03-31-13 10:06 PM
    I'm going into Tmo tomorrow before classes to purchase my Z10 (so excited I can't even sleep!). I have a question (new to the whole US carrier thing). With their new structure, do they still require a deposit? Or just the down payment?
    If you buy the phone outright, there's no deposit/credit check -- you just go "month to month" (with no ETF).

If you finance the phone with them (e.g. go for the $99 deal with a small payment per month to pay off the phone over time), they check credit and will either accept or deny you based on your credit score.

If you walk in and buy the phone outright, you likely won't need to worry about deposits.
    ryankidd17 likes this.
    03-31-13 10:08 PM
    If you buy the phone outright, there's no deposit/credit check -- you just go "month to month" (with no ETF).

If you finance the phone with them (e.g. go for the $99 deal with a small payment per month to pay off the phone over time), they check credit and will either accept or deny you based on your credit score.

If you walk in and buy the phone outright, you likely won't need to worry about deposits.
    are they strict for approvals? I don't have stellar credit, but not bad either...
    03-31-13 10:14 PM
    I believe the only time they check credit is for financing a handset. If you do have poor credit, you'd probably not get approved for a "month-to-month financing plan" for a subsidized handset, since they advertise their handset pricing on that plan is for "well-qualified buyers."

If you're worried about credit, just buy the handset outright and pay for your first month's service up front.
    03-31-13 10:26 PM