How was your Z10 Purchase experiences?

Was the sales associates friendly, knowledgable and loving the device?

How were sales at your location?

Share your stories
    04-04-13 07:18 PM
    No device on display. Sales associate was very nice but not knowledgeable. Liked BlackBerry Just not familiar with the Z10. The biggest immediate selling point was the 14 day return period. Later in the day with device in hand there was no turning back.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    04-04-13 07:38 PM
    I was at my Verizon store shortly after they opened. There was a 20ish young man purchasing his Z10. The associates were not too well versed in the phone, but they had only had an introductory course, and they were willing to learn. Their system was not set up to transfer contacts from previous phones to another. I told them not to worry about it because I could take care of that myself!

Another call inquiring about the Z10 came in while I was cashing out. I mentioned to the staff that they might want to check out CrackBerry so they would be more informed! LOL This is a small Verizon store, and the phone was well-placed (walk in the door and straight ahead! ). There is a Window-sized banner announcing the Z10.

All in all, a good experience. The staff really seemed to like the phone. In fact, one of the employees said that she was getting it for herself.
    missing_K-W and R Field like this.
    04-04-13 07:38 PM
    When i was speaking to a Bell associate in Simcoe,On her mentioned the Z10 was selling well. I need to adjustments my plan as I am purchasing my Z10 tomorrow
    R Field likes this.
    04-04-13 07:54 PM
    Purchased one from Verizon yesterday, the sales associate I spoke with said that they have been selling really well. He had some knowledge about how phone, but not a lot. They had a sign in the Window and actually had 2 phones on display, all in all it was a good experience. One of the phones was in demo mode and the other was setup to use, which was nice because the demo mode is awful.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    04-04-13 08:06 PM
    The first sales associate I spoke to at at&t was not knowledgeable, nor encouraged me to buy the BlackBerry. I came in and told her that I wanted to buy the Z10, and I know I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet, but what can she do for me?
    She simply said "Oh there's nothing I can do for you, you're gonna have to pay the full $650 for It". And by the way, the phone's $550, not $650. I corrected her on that. Then she said "But anyway I don't recommend you doing that, you should wait until you're eligible, then you'll spend less and be more sure of the phone you're getting ". I was shocked that a sales associate would tell me that... I told her that it's fine, and I want to get this phone, and I want it to say because my phone Was broken. she replied "You could get a really cheap phone at Walmart while waiting for your Upgrade". I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I simply said thank you, and walked over to another associate who was very nice, very helpful, and gave me a $150 discount. He said "That's a nice phone " but he was very knowledgeable with anything else about it.

Also, there were no signs of the blackberry in th store, no displays, nothing. I had to ask for it, and they had to go search for it in the back. I thought that was really sad, and I sincerely hope that changes. No one I've come across so far knew what phone I was using, or that it came out already.

Posted via CB10
    missing_K-W likes this.
    04-04-13 08:29 PM
    I'm happy to know so many are having great purchase experiences. Reading about sell outs and great sell through is quite nice indeed
    04-04-13 08:30 PM
    @EarthyBerry Sorry to hear that. Shame people have to deal with such poor practices at times. Thabkfully the next person redeemed your experience.
    04-04-13 08:32 PM
    I bought mine online and took it to my local Verizon store to activate it. All the sales people working came to the desk to check it out. AT&T is very big in my region and my towns Verizon store is just an authorized dealer not a corporate store so they don't have any Z 10s yet. One of the ladies had spent a day training last week and was in love with the phone. The others played with it for about five minutes before apologizing and giving me my phone. I thought it was really cool they were so excited about the phone and I hope it does well.

With that being said, I personally have been very pleased with the phone. BB 10 is a good OS and has just enough of the old BB feel and appearance in my opinion. Definitely worth the wait.
    missing_K-W likes this.
    04-04-13 08:35 PM