I've started encountering a serious issue with my z10.
    Sometimes, and it appears that it happens regardless of what I'm doing, the screen just goes black.
    When this occurs, the phone can't be awakened by a swipe up, as it is when it locks or times out. The touch screen is disabled. In fact, even the button on top of the phone will do nothing. The volume keys don't either.
    Eventually, the screen comes back on. Sometimes I have to wait, other times it happens when I shift the way I'm holding the phone (it could be accelerometer related), and sometimes it happens when I flip the cover of my case shut. (The case is not magnetized and does not wake the device from sleep.)
    The last solution led me to believe it was an issue with the proximity sensor, yet activating the device using my hands doesn't seem to work. Further, none of these methods seems to work every time. The closing of the case, and possible activation of the proximity sensor seems to work most often, but it should be noted that I tilt the phone when I do this, so that the action could be simply activating the accelerometer.
    This happens regardless of what I'm doing... it's happened while in the Hub, while in the CB10 app, and while using the browser, as well as while reading ebooks.
    Has anyone else had an issue like this? It started within the past month for me, and it's the first troubling issue I've had with my phone.
    It has now occurred on both 10.2.0.483 and 10.2.0.810.
    Any ideas? I'd like to avoid replacing my device if possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 02:47 PM
    What case are you using? Have you tried removing the case?
    I've started encountering a serious issue with my z10.
    Sometimes, and it appears that it happens regardless of what I'm doing, the screen just goes black.
    When this occurs, the phone can't be awakened by a swipe up, as it is when it locks or times out. The touch screen is disabled. In fact, even the button on top of the phone will do nothing. The volume keys don't either.
    Eventually, the screen comes back on. Sometimes I have to wait, other times it happens when I shift the way I'm holding the phone (it could be accelerometer related), and sometimes it happens when I flip the cover of my case shut. (The case is not magnetized and does not wake the device from sleep.)
    The last solution led me to believe it was an issue with the proximity sensor, yet activating the device using my hands doesn't seem to work. Further, none of these methods seems to work every time. The closing of the case, and possible activation of the proximity sensor seems to work most often, but it should be noted that I tilt the phone when I do this, so that the action could be simply activating the accelerometer.
    This happens regardless of what I'm doing... it's happened while in the Hub, while in the CB10 app, and while using the browser, as well as while reading ebooks.
    Has anyone else had an issue like this? It started within the past month for me, and it's the first troubling issue I've had with my phone.
    It has now occurred on both 10.2.0.483 and 10.2.0.810.
    Any ideas? I'd like to avoid replacing my device if possible.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 03:43 PM
    No, I haven't. It doesn't seem like it should be an issue. It's a Vaja case. It's plain leather; it has a flip cover. It doesn't use a magnet to stay shut (or anything for that matter), nor does it have any sort of magnet used to wake the phone (like the official flip case does).
    Basically, it's a leather flap.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 04:25 PM
    Try this http://crackberry.com/blackberry-vir...ice-issues-fly

Posted via CB10 with my white Z10
    07-30-13 04:35 PM
    Virtual Expert found no issues.
    Hm.
    I'll do some playing around with it and report back.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 12:44 PM
    Hmmm ... Virtual Expert said:

"Proximity sensor not supported on this phone."

Anyone experience with this?
    08-27-13 07:48 AM
    since the 10.2.0.429 i have the same answer from the Virtual Expert. But when i reboot the phone it work on Virtual Expert, after making the first call it stop working again and when i run VE it sais again not supported.

Z10 slt100-1
    12-02-13 02:08 PM
    since the 10.2.0.429 i have the same answer from the Virtual Expert. But when i reboot the phone it work on Virtual Expert, after making the first call it stop working again and when i run VE it sais again not supported.

Z10 slt100-1
    Had the same problem. Couple of volume rocker restarts and seems better now. Haven't had the issue for a few days.

Tapped out on Halle (Black)Berry aka Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-02-13 03:45 PM