I just upgraded from a Torch 9860 to a Z10 ( AT&T) and I found these two very annoying issues:

1) The VM messages do not show up in the Hub or Calls Notification list. I have to call the VM box to find whether there is an unread message in it.

2) The Speed Dial contacts dissapear from the top of the Contacts list or the Calls list for no apparent reason. I can't see what triggers their dissapearance.

On a general note, I would have expected the Z10 to be an improvement accross the board vis-a-vis the 9860 (which has obviously been the precursor of the Z10); but it's not so. The so much heralded Hub where you can see all types of messages together in one list was already available in the 9860. It does bother me though, that BB has deleted (or hid like Microsoft?) several useful features of the 9860, such as being able to view pictures by Date or by Folder, or to select multiple items from the Hub notification list by pinching them and then giving you the option to Delete, Mark as read or Mark as unread as a batch, or to show, at the top of the Main screen, the WiFi Network the phone is connected to, or to view at first glance, on the Start screen, the appointments coming up and the latest unread messages ...(there is more real estate in the Z10 to do that, why isn't it there anymore?)

Any hope BB will bring those features back?
    04-22-13 11:56 AM
    I just upgraded from a Torch 9860 to a Z10 ( AT&T) and I found these two very annoying issues:
    1) The VM messages do not show up in the Hub or Calls Notification list. I have to call the VM box to find whether there is an unread message in it.
    2) The Speed Dial contacts dissapear from the top of the Contacts list or the Calls list for no apparent reason. I can't see what triggers their dissapearance.

On a general note, I would have expected the Z10 to be an improvement accross the board vis-a-vis the 9860 (which has obviously been the precursor of the Z10); but it's not so. The so much heralded Hub where you can see all types of messages together in one list was already available in the 9860. It does bother me though, that BB has deleted (or hid like Microsoft?) several useful features of the 9860, such as being able to view pictures by Date or by Folder, or to select multiple items from the Hub notification list by pinching them and then giving you the option to Delete, Mark as read or Mark as unread as a batch, or to show, at the top of the Main screen, the WiFi Network the phone is connected to, or to view at first glance, on the Start screen, the appointments coming up and the latest unread messages ...(there is more real estate in the Z10 to do that, why isn't it there anymore?)

Any hope BB will bring those features back?
    I have Voicemail notifications in the Hub (and lockscreen) and my Speed Dial (Favourites) have never disappeared, so that's not normal OS behaviour, fyi. Not exactly sure what could be triggering that. Who's your service provider (re: voicemail). Perhaps that affects it?

Not even sure where to look for settings on Speed Dial / Favourites. Only way to add / subtract (that I know of) is to hit the Star icon next to the individual contact name to trigger it on/off. Sorry.

I think some of the 'legacy' features of BBOS 7 (and prior) will make their way back to BB10 (and beyond). That's just a feeling. There are many great features from the older BB software that would be great to have on the new OS. My guess is that they are slowly going to re-add them. I think if they were to attempt to add them all to the current OS it could potentially open up a boatload of problems / conflicts and make for some very unhappy BB10 users. So they're taking a slower, more measured response and adding just a few things at a time to each update to ensure optimal stability to the OS.
    04-22-13 12:29 PM
    I am also having the problem with the voice mails. I get no notification that I have a voice mail. I call into it, sure enough I have two.
    Voice mail is turned on in my HUB. My password is set for easy access when I call into it.
    Anyone else have some ideas?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 05:56 PM
    How do I add my voice mail password to my Z10? please send me private message if you can help. I am sight impared.
    Thank you.
    04-23-13 06:06 PM
    Even if your plan which includes VV is transferred over to your new Z10, the Z10 still has to be set up, initialized and synched up. It's not automatic.

Open the Phone App, swipe down from the top, tap Settings, open Visual Voicemail, and set it up from there. You'll know it's activated when the Voicemail icon turns into a Visual Voicemail icon in the Hub, in addition to a Visual Voicemail icon being added to the Phone App.

Appointments do show up on the Lock Screen at the set notification time. Wifi Connection is shown on the Option Menu, which can be opened by swiping down from top on the Home Page; in general, most Options Menu, if available for each app can be opened in this manner. It's the standard gesture for Options. Messages have yet to be added, but that and the rest of the ample features you mention will eventually likely be added, I don't doubt.
    04-23-13 06:11 PM
    I'm pretty sure you can view photos by folder, as long as they are In folders. And they show in the order they have been put in.

And you also have the ability to select, then delete, mark all read, etc. From in the hub.

Sent from Amber via CB10.
    04-23-13 06:14 PM
    How do I add my voice mail password to my Z10? please send me private message if you can help. I am sight impared.
    Thank you.
    PM Sent.
    04-23-13 07:01 PM
    My problem is that some speed dial contacts appear by their name and some only by their number

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 08:01 AM
    I'm having a problem with my voice mail as well. Voice mail is turned on in my hub settings but I never get any kind of notification from it. I've checked for some of the things in this post, but I don't have any visual voice mail options. Just regular VM stuff. I had visual voice mail when I had my 9810, but as far as I know that's not an option for the z10 on the Rogers network.

This is very frustrating as I have randomly checked from time to time and I'll find out that I have 3-5 messages that I was never told about. The more I think about this, the more I realize I have never, since day 1, gotten a VM notification.mm and I've had the Z10 since the release date here in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-13 09:26 AM
    I am having similar issues with VVM on AT&T. It is setup on my Z10 and provisioned with the provider but I receive no notifications for either the VVM or standard CM and can only manually call in to pick up my messages. Anyone else on AT&T having this issue?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 09:58 PM