For those of you in the U.S. that were lucky enough to get an unlocked Z10 for AT&T - I was wondering if you were having this issue (or what you might think it is). Everything is working correctly on the phone (it connects to LTE) and seems to be going great, then after a few minutes of using the internet all the data just stops (the LTE connection stays on). If I toggle the network connection and force it to reconnect, then the data is back. The strangest part is that it seems to be mostly affecting the web browser and not email. If I wait a few minutes then everything goes back to normal but there is definitely a pattern here. The APN is automatically set to "phone" and cannot be changed. I took the SIM card from a Lumia 920. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    02-12-13 04:35 PM
    have you called ATT? you might need some different provisioning.
    02-12-13 04:50 PM
    have you called ATT? you might need some different provisioning.
    I did and they basically said they don't know what to do. Not very reassuring!
    02-12-13 04:57 PM
    Maybe try setting up a new SIM Card?
    02-12-13 04:58 PM
    I have an unlocked Z10 on AT&T and have noticed that occasionally while sending emails or sms they will just kind of hang there for 10-15 seconds waiting to send. I've also noticed that one second I will have full 4G service and the next have nothing. The signal just vanishes then returns to normal. I can be sitting still in an area and watch the signal drop from 4G to nothing several times. I also don't have working visual voice mail. That may be due to the fact that it's an unlocked device on a network that doesn't really support the device.

I used the nano sim card from my iPhone 5 and have never called AT&T to make any changes so maybe that is the reason for some of my issues.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-12-13 05:03 PM
    Hard to get support support on a phone they don't sell yet? It's a risk you took. I would not say that this should bea negative reflection on AT&T.
    02-12-13 05:04 PM
    Hard to get support support on a phone they don't sell yet? It's a risk you took. I would not say that this should bea negative reflection on AT&T.
    I don't think anyone is blaming AT&T for any issues. We knew the risks of using unsupported devices. Just looking for some suggestions that's all.

jdhooghe likes this.
    02-12-13 05:06 PM
    Exactly. I don't blame them at all. Actually they were really trying to help but it's hard when they don't even know the device. I was just looking for any ideas.

I don't think anyone is blaming AT&T for any issues. We knew the risks of using unsupported devices. Just looking for some suggestions that's all.

02-12-13 05:15 PM
    AT&T representatives frequently don't know what to do for devices that AT&T does support but for anyone who has dealt with AT&T Mobility, there's no need to go further.

That said, what will probably work is if you switch your data service plan to a BlackBerry 3G/4G data plan. This has worked for others. Have you tried that already?
    02-12-13 05:16 PM
    I did ask about that but they said it was not available. They could not seem to find any plan that would work, so for the time being they left it on the generic 4G LTE plan.

AT&T representatives frequently don't know what to do for devices that AT&T does support but for anyone who has dealt with AT&T Mobility, there's no need to go further.

That said, what will probably work is if you switch your data service plan to a BlackBerry 3G/4G data plan. This has worked for others. Have you tried that already?
    02-12-13 06:00 PM
    I did ask about that but they said it was not available. They could not seem to find any plan that would work, so for the time being they left it on the generic 4G LTE plan.
    They are completely hopeless. There's no BlackBerry "LTE" plan. They need to put you on a standard BlackBerry BIS 3G/4G plan. It's there. They are actively selling devices on that plan.

02-13-13 07:46 AM
    I changed my plan from the blackberry 3g/4g to the LTE and the browser has been the same no change just faster. It times out for 20 secs then works. Going back to the blackberry plan will not help.
    02-13-13 02:29 PM
    I have a launch Z10 on AT&T. No BIS/BES plan. SIM came out of a Lumia 920 with no issues. I switch back and forth.

SouthFLGuy - does this happen if you travel far enough to use another tower?
    02-13-13 02:37 PM
    I have a launch Z10 on AT&T. No BIS/BES plan. SIM came out of a Lumia 920 with no issues. I switch back and forth.

Yes it happens everywhere. It seems like it's about 20 or 30 seconds for the timeout then it starts working again. BUT if I just stay on email it continues to work. I haven't noticed any timeout although it could be that I'm busy reading email and I don't notice it. One thing I failed to mention before is that a few times while this was happening I noticed that during Google searches I received an unusual error message. Something like "Unusual amount of requests made...." and then it halts. I will have to write it down next time I see it.

02-13-13 02:48 PM

I also have a launch Z10 on AT&T.
    02-13-13 03:16 PM
    Yes it happens everywhere. It seems like it's about 20 or 30 seconds for the timeout then it starts working again. BUT if I just stay on email it continues to work. I haven't noticed any timeout although it could be that I'm busy reading email and I don't notice it. One thing I failed to mention before is that a few times while this was happening I noticed that during Google searches I received an unusual error message. Something like "Unusual amount of requests made...." and then it halts. I will have to write it down next time I see it.

I don't get that error. I think it really might be a browser bug. Tested it, the browser locked up, during that time i quickly sent an email works, open facebook loaded everything very fast, sent and received a BBM . Browser didnt work still i reload a few times and nothing.
    BTW is your BBM Video over mobile network locked also?
    02-13-13 03:19 PM
    AT&T here, video call on network is available for me, non issues at all, but I'm I a BIS plan so probably that makes a difference I don't know

02-13-13 03:27 PM
    AT&T here, video call on network is available for me, non issues at all, but I'm I a BIS plan so probably that makes a difference I don't know

Did you get your phone on the launch on the 30th or is it an unlocked phone? I had the BIS plan before and it still didnt work for me.
    02-13-13 03:31 PM
    I got it few days previous launch and it has always been there available for me

02-13-13 03:35 PM
    I got it few days previous launch and it has always been there available for me

I dont understand why i dont have it. It must be the OS. When i go to settings to see the OS it says "software release - no information available" OS version 10.0.9.2372"
    Is it the same for you?
    02-13-13 03:40 PM

Can you try factory reset, security wipe or OS reload? (I would just jump to a reload.)
    02-13-13 03:42 PM
    Can you try factory reset, security wipe or OS reload? (I would just jump to a reload.)
    I'm doing the reload right now. ill Let you guys know if it helps.
    02-13-13 03:47 PM
    I'm doing the reload right now. ill Let you guys know if it helps.
    Thanks so much.
    02-13-13 03:56 PM
    I have mentioned this several times on here. I had similar issues when I unlocked the Rogers Z10 and inserted the sim. I to came from a Lumia 920. I noticed I wasn't getting the AT&T splash screen and other odd things. Finally I did a security wipe and set it back up already activated on the AT&T network. Data has been flawless since then
    02-13-13 04:00 PM
    The Reload failed and now the phone is dead. Just a red blinking light. I'm going to keep trying to reload it.
    02-13-13 05:29 PM
54 123