Doggone it! I thought I had bought a piece of electronic equipment with that was going to appreciate.

It's funny, we hate to see something get a lot cheaper after we buy it.
    06-21-13 09:06 PM
    That's like giving it away. So what is the catch? How many years of signup is required? I note that my local Costco is also marketing the BB10 for $49 through Verizon's plan.

BTW, I checked Amazon's website and the BB!0 cost over $500. This sounds like a fake story.
    Not a fake story, you have to select carrier, then device, then select plan and you will see reduced price. You also have to go thru the amazon carrier store and not just search the device. Saw it at $0.01 when I was checking Q10 prices today with the ATT release.
    06-21-13 09:24 PM
    It's a great promotion! Great news for BlackBerry. The more people get this thing the better.

And you do realize that BlackBerry is still getting the full wholesale price, right, at a most supreme margin? The phone doesn't really cost a penny if you do the math on what you're signing up for... but it's good for people who can't go too deep into pocket and still want the best. Everybody wins. Great business, BlackBerry! Well done. Kudos on this marketing coup.

This is the best news I've heard about BlackBerry in months. Thanks to OP for sharing this awesome deal.

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    06-21-13 09:43 PM
    You couldn't pay me 500 to switch to Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    06-21-13 10:28 PM
    Heyyy I think the problem is marketing, you always see other phone manufac. market their devices at major events, which takes money. And i think Blackberry is trying to build more capital to eventually get to that point . I just saw them land to major players in the Canada area as sponsors but not in the US yet but we will see. Like they say the race is not for the quickest.
    06-26-13 11:37 AM
    Could it be overstock?

FYI in indonesia,
    Z10 first launch in March sells with no contract, official warranty for around $720

Then it goes under stock everywhere in april/may n prices raise to $750

On June prices drops to $660 due to plenty of stocks...i think

This week Q10s sells at $750

Posted from my ZZZZZZZZZZ
    06-26-13 11:52 AM
    Doggone it! I thought I had bought a piece of electronic equipment with that was going to appreciate.

It's funny, we hate to see something get a lot cheaper after we buy it.
    06-29-13 10:18 AM
    The iPhone does a reasonably good job of maintaining its price points & excellent resale value... Just sold my 4s unlocked for $220
    06-29-13 11:15 AM
    I bought it for $405 on eBay and now it's dropped to $330 in only 6 weeks! VERY disappointed in the resale value plummeting like this!

Posted with my amazing Z10
    06-29-13 11:28 AM
    $49.99 on Telus nationally advertised. $199.99 Rogers nationally advertised. Rogers matched for me. I will have mine in 5 to 10 business days. Of course 3 year commitment.
    Bell had it on sale for $0 briefly, and that got me interested, but I ended up going with Fido for $250 cause the contract terms were better. Cheap phones always come with a catch.

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    06-29-13 01:21 PM
    Ho-Hum!!! Nothing funny about this one. An issue discussed at length going back almost to the early second month post "Z" intro. And, it seems almost ad infinitum (no make that nauseum) since. If we see the Z fall in price during the initial quarter of intro. (as we now see it offered at NIL or $50.), that represents an inventory dump and certain problem looming for the Z, almost certainly BB10, and quite possibly the independence of BB. Of course, a rapid decrease in price was never anticipating dropping to $49 down...let alone NIL and even $99 seems ridiculous this early. (If the Z were introduced at a penetration price of, for example, $250-350. gross, then BB might reasonably have claimed it was seeking to regain market share even as net profit per "Z" phone as its first phone under BB10 would have been nominal.) Simply a case by Waterloo of trying to ram down old methodologies (i.e., skim early) that are mostly unworkable given BB's current marketplace position. These simple economics/dynamics have been true since the inception of the (personal) electronics market and the intro of the Apple III.

This is where we sit today, as confirmed by Thursday's (much anticipated) results (if lack of sightings and confirmed BB10 problems hadn't foretold the story in mid May): Welcome to the newest cult following -- "The Z10ers." ... Better hope now that the Q gets off with INCREDIBLY rousing sales this summer.
    Last edited by M65c02; 07-23-13 at 10:56 AM.
    06-29-13 01:54 PM
    Does anyone else find it pathetic that some people have nothing better to do than hang out and troll a fan site for a device they've never used?

I hated my S3 with a passion but have never felt the need to go to Android Central and disparage it or its users.

Why don't you trolls get some kind of life and buzz off. Most of us enjoy our BlackBerry devices and are here to help others out with theirs, trade stories, and just be with others who "Get it."

At least we still have BBM.

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    06-29-13 02:22 PM
    Update anyone?!
    07-22-13 09:45 AM
    $49.99 on Telus nationally advertised. $199.99 Rogers nationally advertised. Rogers matched for me. I will have mine in 5 to 10 business days. Of course 3 year commitment.
    You do realize all the rules for mobile phone carriers in Canada change on Dec 2 - as in no more 3 years contracts, etc.
    07-22-13 09:49 AM
39 12