Right, im getting awful battery life! lasting from 4-6 hours, with heavy/moderate/light usage, i've had my z10 about 7 days, always charge it from nearly flat to full, everythings always off and closed, screen brightness on minimum, on 2G/3G as can't get 4G, i have instagram and kik sideloaded too.
    will it improve? because i'm failing to see 10+ hours of life like you guys are!
    thanks!
    04-01-13 09:02 AM
    Get a replacement battery.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:04 AM
    I was having the same problem. I set up my email accounts as "Use Push if Supported" - i turned that off and turned off auto scanning in bb travel. It's still not great, but battery life is much better than before i made those changes.
    04-01-13 09:10 AM
    Apparently the unit is learning you in the first few days / week of running BB10 and the battery drain is huge.

I've had mine now for a few days and I've gone from 6 hrs of usage to about 8 and close to 9 hrs now.

Lots of battery savings threads here to help along and they've been awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Robert Pepe likes this.
    04-01-13 09:11 AM
    Right, im getting awful battery life! lasting from 4-6 hours, with heavy/moderate/light usage, i've had my z10 about 7 days, always charge it from nearly flat to full, everythings always off and closed, screen brightness on minimum, on 2G/3G as can't get 4G, i have instagram and kik sideloaded too.
    will it improve? because i'm failing to see 10+ hours of life like you guys are!
    thanks!
    Dude do a thread search, there are probably 100 threads on this exact same subject.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    trsbbs likes this.
    04-01-13 09:11 AM
    I did for a while as well, eventually what helped was backing up the phone and doing a security wipe. Battery life has been awesome ever since.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:12 AM
    I was having the same problem. I set up my email accounts as "Use Push if Supported" - i turned that off and turned off auto scanning in bb travel. It's still not great, but battery life is much better than before i made those changes.
    When I installed BB Travel, my battery life sucked. I removed it and it is now back to 1.5 days between charges.
    04-01-13 09:15 AM
    Hi all had my Z10 for a week now and had problems with the battery until i deleted the ebay app and also turn of gestures in screen lock . unpluged phone at 7.30 am now 08.40 pm and still at 65% with light use .
    hutchmanz likes this.
    04-24-13 02:41 PM
    People who have good battery life don't turn off gestures and they don't have to turn off LTE. I went close to 14 hours yesterday with LTE and WiFi on. Turning off all the smart phone features is ridiculous.

What you need to do:

1) Tell us ALL your apps.
    2) Tell us your cellular signal strength and what type it is(LTE, HSPA+, 4G, ect.)
    3) Back up your phone, security wipe the phone, update it and then restore the data
    4) Tell us what OS you are on.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    04-24-13 03:18 PM
    I take my phone off charge at 3am and it is normally around 20% at 8pm. I close my apps when I'm not using them on Verizon so no update. I never had any battery issues yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 03:21 PM
    I'm on the same boat as you my battery life is horrible I've had to carry a second battery.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    04-24-13 04:36 PM
    Record how much time your display is on. 4 or 5 hours of continuous use will kill any modern smartphone.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-24-13 04:38 PM
    I'm on Verizon and have had my phone for 3 weeks now. My battery life is horrible too but I am a heavy user. Always have Weather, BatteryLover, and WhatsApp open. I have 6 emails (don't ask) plus FB, Twitter, and LinkedIn. I agree w/some of the others, I'm not a fan of turning off features just to save battery life unless I know I will be away from a charger for a long period of time. I think the battery will get better w/10.1 as others have mentioned.
    04-24-13 04:45 PM
    Hi all had my Z10 for a week now and had problems with the battery until i deleted the ebay app and also turn of gestures in screen lock . unpluged phone at 7.30 am now 08.40 pm and still at 65% with light use .
    The eBay app was horrible for my battery life. Even after it was closed it continued to churn away. I uninstalled and rebooted, and everything is fine now.

I easily get a day's worth of use and don't have anything but LTE turned off as I don't have LTE around here.
    04-24-13 04:48 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion! yesterday my battery lasted about 8 hours from a full charge. I deleted the ebay app and after 8 hours of use today I still have 78% battery remaining.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-25-13 10:27 AM
    Battery life for me has been great. Everyday is different and I am not going to "shut off" anything.. defeats the purpose of having the phone. I will put it on a Mophie if it ever comes out
    Last edited by Robert Pepe; 04-25-13 at 10:41 AM.
    04-25-13 10:31 AM
    Coming from the Note 2 which has fantastic battery life (could get 10 hour screen-on time in one day, 50% brightness) this is much worse of course. My normal Note 2 charge would last me 48 hours and that was with ~5 hour screen-on time. Fantastic. Around half the batterylife aproximately with Z10. Probably even a bit less than that. Still it's not that bad as some here seem to have. Only on my second day but unplugged 7:00am this morning and used it moderately at work. Facebook/sms/whatsapp messages, browsing and such over 3G and listening to music the 30 minute walk home while texting alot with 100% screen brightness outside. When I came home it was at 55%. My Note would be like 80%. But I still find it acceptable as it will last me a full day. Probably on the edge with a day of hard usage though.

I can understand that turning off gestures while screen off does difference. And it makes sense too. I have it on all the time and at work my phone is laying lose in a jacket pocket. Not sure if that makes it not sleep or not while working. Because it will constantly bump into the cloth and whatnot.

I guess I should feel a bit lucky with my batterylife though but as I said coming from the Note 2 this is a humongous downgrade regarding that and I have to adapt to that. Need to start thinking it might not last a full day with very heavy usage.
    04-25-13 11:58 AM
    Don't turn off features. The smartphone is made in such way you can keep all your features on most of the time. Battery life has never been a concern. I have good battery life with 4G, Gestures on and even with BBTravel on. There are a couple of things one can try if the battery life is awful. Try to find out what is causing the problem. It could be an app with notification on or background sync. I have turned all my notifications and sync to manual. I have only emails synced every 1 hour. One of the reason for good battery life in my case is the flip cover, it is great for conserving battery as it automatically disables the swipe to on gesture (I believe so).
    04-25-13 10:21 PM
    Well this phone does have pretty horrible battery life I notice. It's OK in standby (about 1% drain per hour usually , so it can lay untouched for days without dying on me) but the screen seems awfully power hungry. It drops like 1% per minute when using it with 50% brightness outside. Yesterday i had 15% left and wanted to see how long it would last idling on 100% brightness Inside. It died in like 15 minutes. Thats absoluty horrible performance when it comes to the screen power usage.

Yesterday I walked home from work which takes like 30 minutes. Listened to music and texted alot 100% brightness. It dropped 25% on the walk! My Note 2 would drop like 5%.

Is everyone else's screen as power hungry?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dannejanne; 04-28-13 at 02:18 AM.
    04-27-13 04:28 PM
    Well when I plugged in the phone the other day BB Link found an update. The one with 60 battery life fixes etc.

Since then my battery life has really sorted itself out. Now it's totally acceptable and doesn't drain as much. Still not perfect but a lot better.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 09:48 AM
    Well this phone does have pretty horrible battery life I notice. It's OK in standby (about 1% drain per hour usually , so it can lay untouched for days without dying on me) but the screen seems awfully power hungry. It drops like 1% per minute when using it with 50% brightness outside. Yesterday i had 15% left and wanted to see how long it would last idling on 100% brightness Inside. It died in like 15 minutes. Thats absoluty horrible performance when it comes to the screen power usage.

Yesterday I walked home from work which takes like 30 minutes. Listened to music and texted alot 100% brightness. It dropped 25% on the walk! My Note 2 would drop like 5%.

Is everyone else's screen as power hungry?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much. The TFT LCD on the Z10 looks awesome, but it never claimed to be good for power. This is one of the reasons that a OLED was chosen for the Q10 .

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    04-30-13 11:03 AM
    4g-lte are battery swallowers, i had to turn them off because I use my z10 extensively, and my battery is waaaaay better now, till the update comes Ima keep it on 3g.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    04-30-13 11:27 AM
    Forget amoled screens, they look fake, lcds are very nice, super crisp.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    04-30-13 11:29 AM
    And when they say you will get a certain amount of time on the Web, or videos, they use 3g as the standard, they don't use 4g for those stats.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    04-30-13 11:30 AM
    I am getting close to 20+ hours on 10.1 with moderate use and about 12 hours with heavy use after upgrading to the 10.1 leaks.

With moderate use the other day I took my phone off the charger at 7:15am and still had 75% battery at 10pm. Close to 100BBM messages sent/received, some emails, 20+ texts, close to an hours worth of browsing, BeWeather Pro running in the background and Gtalk on the whole time as well.
    Himanshu Mehta likes this.
    04-30-13 11:33 AM
40 12