I haven't come across any threads yet dealing with this, so I though I would share with anyone is interested.

Today my old man was able to call me on my zed10 with his PlayBook by adding my BlackBerry id into his PlayBook video call contacts.

However, I am not sure how to add his PlayBook into my BBM contacts so that I can call him. Does anybody have any solution that may address this?

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:37 PM
    Just get his bbid and add it as an email address in his contact. You should soon see an option to video chat him.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:41 PM
    Just tried it with my wife's playbook, and after calling my z10 I was able to call the playbook back through the notification in my hub using the open option.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:45 PM
    the playbook has a PIN ... couldnt that be used?
    04-10-13 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the help chaps!
    I used me old man's blackberry id email address and I was able to video call his PlayBook from zed 10.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 10:51 PM
    the playbook has a PIN ... couldnt that be used?
    No, it doesn't work that way even though the PlayBook has a PIN. You have to use the bbid.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 11:33 PM
    Thanks for the help chaps!
    I used me old man's blackberry id email address and I was able to video call his PlayBook from zed 10.

Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Can you elaborate more on this? I'm trying to video call my own playbook but adding my BlackBerryid email address, but it prompts me to enter that email address's password so it will just let me view my emails.
    04-13-13 08:16 PM
    Can you elaborate more on this? I'm trying to video call my own playbook but adding my BlackBerryid email address, but it prompts me to enter that email address's password so it will just let me view my emails.
    1) On your Z10, make sure you are signed into it with a BBID that is not the same as the BBID you use for the Playbook

2) On your Playbook: Make sure you are signed into it with a BBID that is not the same as the BBID you use for your Z10. (Go create a new one if you are using the same, you will have to security wipe your Playbook if you do this, though)

3) On your Z10, create a contact (or open up an existing contact) and add the Playbook's BBID as an email address field in the contact and press save. You should now see an option to Video chat for that contact.
    omega supreme likes this.
    04-13-13 08:31 PM
    Just remember there is about 10 threads on this already one made by myself.

Note:

If Z10 and playbook have same bbid, you can only call the Z10 from the playbook, but you can not call the playbook from the z10.

I hope this gets fixed in 10.1 OS.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-13-13 10:28 PM
    1) On your Z10, make sure you are signed into it with a BBID that is not the same as the BBID you use for the Playbook

2) On your Playbook: Make sure you are signed into it with a BBID that is not the same as the BBID you use for your Z10. (Go create a new one if you are using the same, you will have to security wipe your Playbook if you do this, though)

3) On your Z10, create a contact (or open up an existing contact) and add the Playbook's BBID as an email address field in the contact and press save. You should now see an option to Video chat for that contact.
    Thanks, but i don't want to security wipe my playbook for a test... I tried it from the playbook to the z10 and it wasn't very smooth anyway.
    04-14-13 12:24 PM
    Just remember there is about 10 threads on this already one made by myself.

Note:

If Z10 and playbook have same bbid, you can only call the Z10 from the playbook, but you can not call the playbook from the z10.

I hope this gets fixed in 10.1 OS.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    Well i did a search and this was the only thread that popped up, thanks anyway.
    04-14-13 12:25 PM