Z10 - I can see oldest pictures first, when i open the picture app in album view. The most recent clicked pictures are at last. Scrolling down to last to view latest picture is very cumbersome if we have too many photos.

As i understand from this forum that we do not have sort option in picture viewer app, i would request members to help me with an alternative app for media/gallery/picture

Can anyone suggest a fix for this problem by some alternative native app or an android app.
    Last edited by gauravmandawawala; 07-07-14 at 02:32 AM.
    07-07-14 02:22 AM
    On your Pictures App, the bottom icons are Recent, Date and Albums. Click the Date button, your photos will show from recent to old.
    as1974a and AudB like this.
    07-07-14 02:29 AM
    I still don't understand why BlackBerry didn't change this yet.

Besides the date tab, you can also use the File Manager which offers the sort options.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:41 AM
    On your Pictures App, the bottom icons are Recent, Date and Albums. Click the Date button, your photos will show from recent to old.
    Thank you. Never bothered to check what that does before.
    07-07-14 02:42 AM
    Thank you for your response. But if I click the date icon, it shows recent photos from all the albums which i do not want. I desire to view recent photos whenever i select a particular album just like in android and Windows phone.
    I never thought i will face these simple issues while migrating to blackberry from android
    07-08-14 06:03 AM
    I still don't understand why BlackBerry didn't change this yet.

Besides the date tab, you can also use the File Manager which offers the sort options.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your response. How did Blackberry missed this basic setting? Now i understand why BB is loosing.
    I never thought i will face these simple issues while migrating to blackberry from android
    Kurt Fathul likes this.
    07-08-14 06:04 AM
    You can accomplish what you want via the recent tab, as was said above.

I doubt anyone moves platforms over something so insignificant. If you must, then you must

Posted via CB10
    Carmels likes this.
    07-08-14 06:51 AM
    You can accomplish what you want via the recent tab, as was said above.

I doubt anyone moves platforms over something so insignificant. If you must, then you must

Posted via CB10
    It may be insignificant to some, but it definitely is important to many of us. Along with it , there are so many basic functionalists missing here. E.g. default contact no., Blacklist, DND etc.

I hope BB add all these basic in next update.
    07-09-14 04:13 AM
    I hope BlackBerry listens to all of us. This picture thing is really a crap. I like my photos being held by folders in gallery so that I could see Camera pictures and others photos separately. But BlackBerry simple doesn't allow us to.do so.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 04:54 AM
    I hope BlackBerry listens to all of us. This picture thing is really a crap. I like my photos being held by folders in gallery so that I could see Camera pictures and others photos separately. But BlackBerry simple doesn't allow us to.do so.

Posted via CB10
    I use BlackBerry file manager as a workaround when I need to control the sorting order.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-13-14 07:56 AM
    Definitely an annoyance that oldest show first.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 05:49 AM
    Oh man I thought I was the only one that hates the photo album. I have a a lot of pics so it takes a while for me to get through my pics, I have blackberry changes this feature.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 07:58 AM
    Just go to the file manager select whatever you want eg camera then select the sort option as you desire.

Posted from my Z10
    07-25-14 03:54 PM
    Anyone know if the OS 10.3.1 will have corrected this gross oversight of picture sorting?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 04:17 AM
    Anyone know if the OS 10.3.1 will have corrected this gross oversight of picture sorting?

Posted via CB10
    This is fixed since 10.3 I believe.

I am using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 and most recent photos are displayed first in the Album view of the Picture app.

Life is so much easier on 10.3.
    12-07-14 04:26 AM
    This is fixed since 10.3 I believe.

I am using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 and most recent photos are displayed first in the Album view of the Picture app.

Life is so much easier on 10.3.
    Can you sort the pictures in the viewer in 10.3? I know people have said use the the files manager but the you can't use the slideshow of the viewer or other features. Do you know of a third party picture viewer?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-14 07:18 AM
    Can you sort the pictures in the viewer in 10.3? I know people have said use the the files manager but the you can't use the slideshow of the viewer or other features. Do you know of a third party picture viewer?

Posted via CB10
    Recent photos are displayed first and I don't see an option to change the sorting order.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 06:49 PM
    Recent photos are displayed first and I don't see an option to change the sorting order.

Posted via CB10
    Great it's quite irritating the way it is st the moment.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 07:53 PM
    It may be insignificant to some, but it definitely is important to many of us. Along with it , there are so many basic functionalists missing here. E.g. default contact no., Blacklist, DND etc.

I hope BB add all these basic in next update.
    DND? Are you talking about the tele marketing calls and text DND feature? If you are, then you have to text "START 0" to 1909 to start the DND service. This method of activating DND works in India. I know because I'm using it.

@ default contact no. : Yes. Now that is a feature which I really miss from android.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 09:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if this is OS dependent (I've got a version of 10.3.1.xxxx) but open the picture app. And you can tap the lower left and change view from Date, Album, etc. But when viewing by Date, swipe down and open Settings. At the top of Settings is "Sort items in...." and I can sort Newest or Oldest.
    12-14-14 10:37 PM
    I don't know if this is OS dependent (I've got a version of 10.3.1.xxxx) but open the picture app. And you can tap the lower left and change view from Date, Album, etc. But when viewing by Date, swipe down and open Settings. At the top of Settings is "Sort items in...." and I can sort Newest or Oldest.
    Yes, you are right. I just saw that. There's option to sort Newest or Oldest first, but that's it. There's no way to sort alphabetically or by location...etc.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 10:44 PM
    If you wanna start from the oldest pictures, you can just pull your scroll bar down and view them from the bottom, it's a 2 second thing, much quicker than it would have been to sort the pictures.

Via CB10 - Z30
    12-15-14 01:51 AM
    I've done the scroll thing. It's annoying. Sorting seems to be a very basic feature to have on a picture viewer. It's particularly annoying when you have over a thousand images that you need to scroll through when you know the image you want was an older one, name, type or size. Your suggestion is valid but BlackBerry can do better. ...

Does anyone know of a decent third Party picture viewer with sorting capability?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 11:39 AM
    This problem is fixed on 10.3.1, just wait a little longer for the official OS or you can install a leaked one

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 05:47 PM
    Confirmed. Fixed in 10.3

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 07:57 PM
31 12