I really don't get this, when opening photos I shot with my z10 inside Photoshop they are just 72 dpi!!

Is there a way to set resolution to be higher?
    12-07-13 10:45 AM
    I really don't get this, when opening photos I shot with my z10 inside Photoshop they are just 72 dpi!!

Is there a way to set resolution to be higher?
    Where does it say this? I will take a look on mine...also are you shooting on the 1:1, 4:3, or 16:9 setting? that does affect the photo
    12-07-13 10:48 AM
    Where does it say this? I will take a look on mine...also are you shooting on the 1:1, 4:3, or 16:9 setting? that does affect the photo
    I know that if you shoot 4:3 it will use the full 8 MP camera capability while shooting 16:9 will be around 5 MP. But this would actually effect photo sizes.

Inside Photoshop click image > image sizes and you'll see it is a 72 dpi when 16:9 unsure what about 4:3. Anyway, it would be pretty nonsense to be forced to shoot 4:3 to get more dpi...

Me?! I keep movin'!
    12-07-13 10:53 AM
    I know that if you shoot 4:3 it will use the full 8 MP camera capability while shooting 16:9 will be around 5 MP. But this would actually effect photo sizes.

Inside Photoshop click image > image sizes and you'll see it is a 72 dpi when 16:9 unsure what about 4:3. Anyway, it would be pretty nonsense to be forced to shoot 4:3 to get more dpi...

Me?! I keep movin'!
    I hope that isn't the case.
    12-07-13 10:55 AM
    If you do a lot of image editing, you'll find that the dpi of an image in an of itself means nothing.

It's easily changed in any image editing program like Photoshop and is independent of the image's actual resolution (which is more important for sharpness - compression amount being next, and I wish that was adjustable). Dpi is only the relationship between the image resolution and any fixed size document that the image will be brought into. It will adjust itself to the print size when printing out photos.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:57 AM
    If you do a lot of image editing, you'll find that the dpi of an image in an of itself means nothing.

It's easily changed in any image editing program like Photoshop and is independent of the image's actual resolution (which is more important for sharpness - compression amount being next, and I wish that was adjustable). Dpi is only the relationship between the image resolution and any fixed size document that the image will be brought into. It will adjust itself to the print size when printing out photos.

Posted via CB10
    Dpi means everything when printing.

Me?! I keep movin'!
    12-07-13 11:50 AM
    Change the dpi then

Posted via CB10 with a BlackBerry Z10.
    12-07-13 11:51 AM
    Dpi means everything when printing.

Me?! I keep movin'!
    And I said that, but it's changeable so it really doesn't matter how it's initially saved by the camera app.

Many image saving programs use a default of 72dpi when saving images. I get that with rendering programs I use. I just change it later and all is well.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 12:13 PM
    Change the Document settings in photo shop. When you open a new canvas in Photo shop, it defaults to 72.
    12-07-13 01:01 PM
    And I said that, but it's changeable so it really doesn't matter how it's initially saved by the camera app.

Many image saving programs use a default of 72dpi when saving images. I get that with rendering programs I use. I just change it later and all is well.

Posted via CB10
    I see, and I did change the dpi inside Photoshop right after to print it out and printing came out fine. But I actually expected the photo to be saved by z10 camera to a higher dpi value as small digital cameras do. Anyway thanks for clearing it up!

Me?! I keep movin'!
    12-07-13 02:35 PM