I have only had the device for a few hours (love it so far). Tried the headphones briefly and ever since I unplugged them every phone call placed/received defaults to headset audio.

Has anyone else encountered this? I read about older devices doing this and needing a battery pull. I was hoping that there may be another fix.
    02-15-13 03:15 PM
    Plug them back in, turn the headset audio off, pull them out.

Have a wander 'round the settings. Something'll pop up.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-15-13 04:21 PM
    probably something stuck in the headphone jack or got caught in there, shorting out the connectors making the phone think the headphone is still plugged in. happened to my dads iphone, cleaned out the jack and it worked fine again
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-15-13 04:46 PM
    ... I read about older devices doing this and needing a battery pull. I was hoping that there may be another fix.
    You do not need to perform battery pulls on BlackBerry 10 devices anymore. Please perform a Restart by pressing and holding the Power button, releasing and tapping Restart.

The problem should clear out after a restart but the workarounds posted by others up-thread may work as well.

PS: Welcome to CrackBerry Forums!
    kbz1960 and Ted Mercer like this.
    02-15-13 05:02 PM
    Plug them back in, turn the headset audio off, pull them out.

Have a wander 'round the settings. Something'll pop up.
    I did try plugging them back in and a few other things. In the end I simply restarted and things were back to normal.

I think it may have been caused by the songza app. Before restarting I tried songza again an could only play audio through the headset.

The problem started after originally testing the headset with songza.

Figured I should share that in case someone else encounters the same trouble.

Thanks for help, everyone.
    02-15-13 09:28 PM
    I think it may have been caused by the songza app. Before restarting I tried songza again an could only play audio through the headset.

The problem started after originally testing the headset with songza.
    If you have Songza, then it is most likely caused by it as aa number of people experienced a similar issue. If you can, please write to Songza to say that it appears to cause this bug and that it's very annoying.
    02-16-13 09:04 AM
    I did send them an email.

If it is a known issue, hopefully it gets looked after.
    02-16-13 04:43 PM
    This has just happened with me, after using headphones with Deezer
    03-06-13 03:53 AM
    As others have said it may be a one time bug. Try restarting and it may never happen again
    03-06-13 03:56 AM
    I have the same problem. After working fine for months, now when a phone call comes in or when I dial out it defaults to audio instead of handset - I've never used headphones with the phone. Reboot does nothing. Any more ideas?
    06-13-13 12:41 PM
    Have you paired with a pc or other device that offers a headset profile? Try turning the bluetooth off?
    06-13-13 12:44 PM
    Brilliant. Went to bluetooth and it was paired to 2 devices. All sorted now, thanks
    06-13-13 12:52 PM
    Thanks. Turning the BB10 off and back on worked. the audio is back to normal.
    10-25-13 01:36 PM
  14. Cristina Cid de Bettencourt's Avatar
    My Q10 is about 1 month old. It was a difficult stride from the Bold 9900, but now I figured out all I needed to know. But alas, I decided to answer calls with the headset last week and since then it got beserk, going audio/handset, handset/�udio everytime I get a cal. It will only stabilize with the headset always on. This is a MAJOR nuisance! I have been a Blackberry fan for about 8 years and by now about 7 of them had serious problems, keyboard and/or touchpad stopped working well, touch screen with problems, battery life suddenly impossibly short, etc, etc. Still I kep faithfull to BB and kept on buying more and more, but now I am getting fed up! Plus I see that this is a recurring problem. Not only that but the BB link is malfunctioning and when I want to backup my data, it says "only with na Internet connection", then I go wireless or wired on the net and the program says "You need to be connected to the computer" OH MY GAWWWWWWD!!!! And I need this to work. I tell you what, if Blackberry does not somehow solve my problems immediately and/or refund me the 600 plus euros, I am definetly going iPhoned forever!!!!
    07-23-14 07:35 PM
  15. Cristina Cid de Bettencourt's Avatar
    I may add that I did ALL that is advised here, and still the damned thing won't work well.
    07-23-14 07:36 PM
    when I calling to other ya I recieve call that time my call audio only default as spekar but I want to change in handset, headset...please tell me as step bye step how I manage this?
    09-26-14 10:56 PM
    i have 6 month old blackberry z10, it was working fine till yestrday, when problem stared, since yesterday whenever i recive or dial a number it goest to audio mode, i have tried restarging, looked in to headphone jack nothing is there, seen bluetooth nothing is parired, dont know what to try now. guys please help
    06-04-16 12:51 PM
    My ringer, email and text audio notifications and speaker function all of a sudden stopped working. I had recently used a headphone and i think the headphone jack screwed things up. I tried every setting within Notifications, removed the battery and restarted the phone. NOTHING worked! I then read on another chat thread about removing the phone's plastic backing and tapping on the speaker area. Well I tried this and still didn't work. I then gave the back of the phone several HARD slaps - voila!!! Everything worked again. Not sure it will stay working but I now know it wasn't a setting issue. Who would have thunk. Goo luck1
    10-30-18 09:20 PM