Was it new sim to begin with?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:51 PM
    Rebooted my phone probably 8 times today.

Every time I tried to answer an in coming call, the scroll down animation appeared to lock and I had to reboot and return the call. And most of the time I couldn't place a call. One time the phone told me to insert my sim card

Posted via CB10
    Maybe a poor contacts to the SIM card. Try removing and reinserting the SIM a few times.
    04-14-13 08:55 PM
    Was it new sim to begin with?

Posted via CB10
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:57 PM
    Maybe a poor contacts to the SIM card. Try removing and reinserting the SIM a few times.
    Did that once...will try again tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    No issues from canada

Posted via BlackBerry z10 (CB)
    Reload the os

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 08:58 PM
    We have a number of Z10 phones. We have no such issues as what you are reporting. I also know other people who are using the Z10 and have no issues.

I would try to re-install the operating system. For a test I would not restore the backup for the phone. If the phone works okay for a number of days, then try restoring it. If the problem comes back then you will know that there is something in the backup from the previous install that is causing the fault.

I've had similar situations with many types of computer systems where an application became defective for some reason. I had to narrow down the cause so I could eliminate it.
    04-14-13 09:36 PM
    Someone asked what all the small updates are for... if you delete your carriers preloaded apps, they will request that you download them again, and again and again..about 3mb they usually are.

So ya OP, swap phones while you can man. There's no sense in being frustrated at a phone that's doing weird things it shouldn't.
    04-15-13 09:23 AM
    TMO Z10 here. No issues....(so far)...got this around 3 weeks ago when TMO released it. The missus loves it!!
    04-15-13 09:39 AM
    This Z10 is starting to **** me off. I can deal with minor nits. But today, after reboots, I have had the following problems:

------ 2 -------
    Not a phone bug issue but happened today:
    At some point, i had to unlock my screen (password not needed). I gesture up. I get the animation I expect. But everything is totally black underneath. Nothing appeared.
    Fix: Reboot
    I get those often. black screen, or sometimes a momentary lapse of black screen without seeing icons - as if the thing resets itself...

------ 3 -------
    This is something that has happened since day one and I am passed the point that this is a minor annoyance.
    I open the phone app. Find my contact. Get to their phone number. Press on the phone number. The screen dims (normal) as it transitions to a phone call. Thing is, it dims for 5 seconds and no phone call is placed. Everything undims and I am back to the contact list where I left off. I try everything. Close the phone app does nothing, trying again nothing. EVEN REBOOTS ARE HIT AND MISS.

The fix is to reboot but I have had to reboot 2-3 times to get the phone app to work.
    Same with the dimming. The phone app is the most laggy of all "caked-in" "apps" on this device. The Z10 is definitely not a good "quick dial" phone. If you need to get to the dialpad quickly - forget it... unless you have the dialpad running as an active frame - which defeats the purpose of having a "quick-launch" phone button.

Software fix - probably. Can't wait for those to come.

Meantime, going out to get a 9900 and use that instead..
    04-15-13 09:46 AM
    I had some of the same issues with Telus here in Canada. However it went away after the fist software update. No issues after that. Particularly the phone not swiping down and the screwed up alarms.

So I am sure the issue will go away with a software update.
    04-15-13 09:51 AM
    I don't particularly have issues with the phone app, but I think it's the weakest link of the entire OS, and it happens to be a major one.

If it was truly built using Adobe Air then I have no idea what BlackBerry was thinking. It's sluggish, glitchy, and does not feel reliable at all.

My one and only gripe about this phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 10:48 AM
    Updated the contacts app. A few phone calls today and I am having no problems.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 12:17 PM
    Old problems not appearing but now...

answered phone call, no sound and phone app locked up.

Fix...reboot.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 11:18 AM
    Been a few days now and everything is going great after updating the contacts app

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 04:57 PM
    Curious. What carrier are you on? Can you tell me what OS version?
    Thanks!
    I'm on Rogers in Canada, and OS version - 10.0.10.672
    04-19-13 02:15 PM
    This Z10 is starting to **** me off. I can deal with minor nits. But today, after reboots, I have had the following problems:

------ 1 -------
    1) Phone call came in. I drag down to answer the phone. The animation goes 90% of the way down and the phone app locks up. Totally locked up. I could exit the app but my phones for use as a phone was dead.
    2) reboot

That was issue one

------ 2 -------
    Not a phone bug issue but happened today:
    At some point, i had to unlock my screen (password not needed). I gesture up. I get the animation I expect. But everything is totally black underneath. Nothing appeared.
    Fix: Reboot

------ 3 -------
    This is something that has happened since day one and I am passed the point that this is a minor annoyance.
    I open the phone app. Find my contact. Get to their phone number. Press on the phone number. The screen dims (normal) as it transitions to a phone call. Thing is, it dims for 5 seconds and no phone call is placed. Everything undims and I am back to the contact list where I left off. I try everything. Close the phone app does nothing, trying again nothing. EVEN REBOOTS ARE HIT AND MISS.

The fix is to reboot but I have had to reboot 2-3 times to get the phone app to work.

And to top it all off, the phone can work fine for a while and all of a sudden it just craps the bed till a reboot sometimes fixes it.

-------- 4 ------
    Hell, I'll toss this one in.
    Sometimes my night mode alarm clock goes off, but makes no noise. And it totally screws up the sound on my phone. The MP3 player is basically dead after this happens.
    Fix: reboot

Am I alone here? Time to go exchange my phone?
    /rant

Feeling with you about number one!!
    04-19-13 02:59 PM
    Been a few days now and everything is going great after updating the contacts app

Posted via CB10
    How do you do this
    04-19-13 03:00 PM
    Not a single problem since February....
    04-19-13 03:34 PM
    I'm wit bell in Canada.. running 10 0 10 85.. reboots every couple of days.. it's the new Os..

Posted via CB10
    04-19-13 04:20 PM
    TMO Z10 user here. From day one, not a single issue. I am running OS 10.0.10.85. Sucks you are having all these issues, hopefully Verizon will get their chit together for you and others soon.
    04-19-13 04:35 PM
    I think my problem might be blue tooth related. I think the connection with Ford sync gets messed up on occasion.

Today I left my phone in the house, went somewhere and before lea my truck connected to my phone. When I got home the first in coming call hung on me.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:40 PM
47 12