A lot of folks have been loyal to the blackberry brand, while we waited and eventually bought the Z10 bout a month ago we are still being treated as second class consumers. I'm not a hater but a loyalist who has gone from the Bold 9000, 9700, 9780, 9900, Z10 and of course my dearest playbook 64Gb. We bought our phones a month ago when it was launched but have yet to get any updates (observed that with previous phones but thanks to the CB community was able to get my phones up to spec), a lot of apps are not available to us and our regions.

I guess blackberry is more interested in satisfying customers in the US, Canada and the UK. All the talk about growing emerging markets won't count if BB can't keep their existing customers happy. If Blackberry continue to treat the rest of the world this way (even if it's by accident) really whats the point sticking to the products we cant get support for. The Z10 is great and I bought a device I felt was a true world phone - not a regional hybrid where its spec is downgraded and I have to work around to get apps and updates.
    scorepion and kevinnugent like this.
    03-23-13 01:00 AM
    I'm with you my friend

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:03 AM
    Absolutely with you friends. I have been a unpaid brand ambassador for BlackBerry and now I am seriously thinking of moving away . I just don't give a damm about the money I paid for the device which is best I ever owned but have serious reservation about blackberry being a slave to USA Market (somebody's gotta tell them they abolished slavery long back). Rest of countries that welcomed them with open arms and purses are just treated like s**t.

TIME TO WAKE UP BlackBerry OR YOU WILL SURLY GO DOWN.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:10 AM
    Nothing to do with BlackBerry... blame your carrier for not releasing any OS updates.
    Spawn12 and pandapurple like this.
    03-23-13 01:11 AM
    In our country BlackBerry sells direct so no carrier hangups, so even if I take your argument then are apps also carrier dependent eg travel is available to you guys before you had a phone and we who had it for a month still don't have access to it.

Posted via CB10
    TonyHove likes this.
    03-23-13 01:14 AM
    Until BlackBerry Travel, the UK was in the second class tier. The podcast app which was so well designed and useful was disabled outside North America so you had to transfer podcasts from your computer to play them? Some said this was for copyright reasons but surely the only copyright would be the podcasts themselves which would no doubt be blocked by ip address.
    BlackBerry really needs to sort itself out in this regard.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:18 AM
    We blame carriers for not releasing updates but do we blame carriers also for apps not being available to us? Do we blame them for selling us phones with different/lower specifications. Please understand that no one hates Blackberry here but very loyal customers who feel they are getting the short end of the stick here
    03-23-13 01:25 AM
    I've never understood why certain apps are only available in certain countries, but it's always been that way with BlackBerry. We waited for years for BB Traffic to become available in the UK, but it never happened.
    We've also had our Z10's for a month longer than you guys, and are still waiting for the major apps to release.
    03-23-13 01:36 AM
    Height of *** kissing by BlackBerry is all I can say.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:41 AM
    I really like Blackberry to push updates directly to our phones. I feel angry when new update comes and my carrier still sleeping..

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 01:56 AM
    Hi, I ve been getting a lot of love and attention from BlackBerry even though the phone isn't out yet here. To be fair, I'm a blogger with a site on mobile devices so not the regular consumer, but I'm still amazed at how much effort blackberry is putting into answering questions, pampering local developers, etc. I think they got the message, just need some time to act on it everywhere.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 04:35 AM
    True. Carriers are lousy. Why not BB releases OS update for Z10 and be applicable to all carriers like we use to have in previous OS till 7.1.
    03-23-13 05:41 AM
    Yeah.. they shouldn't let the carriers dictate the updates... If not it may become like Google having issues with the hp manufacturers

Posted via CB10
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-23-13 05:49 AM
    I too agree on all points raised. Z10 sold in Middle East all are 3G and to get an LTE one, I have to place an order in USA or Canada to get it delivered to me. Specs of Z10 sold here are lower than Z10 made available in US and Canada and maybe UK. Updates are pushed by BlackBerry via carriers and not carriers with a push of button are pushing them. In fact, I spoke to the senior manager, BlackBerry support services, at my carrier ******** why the updates are not coming and he simply said, once they get the updates from BlackBerry, they send them across as after the first update, they still haven't received anything from BlackBerry. My friend and I were going to update via the other methods mentioned in crackberry but fortunately I didn't have the time to do it on that day as my friend's Z10 got screwed with the new update. I'm still on version 10.0.10.82

Regarding the apps, it is true that some of the prime apps have not been made available to us and we can only read about them via crackberry and I don't know why. I get the same apps on my ipad no problem, for example, keek is a famous app here and many ios and android users use it and also it's available in BlackBerry World but just is not to us ME BlackBerry users although we, ios and android users all are in the same location.

Also, movies and music, we can't rent or purchase here through BlackBerry World and I get them easily via iTunes on my ipad. Let me mention, we aren't cheap.
    I bought lots of apps and upgrades even as some weren't worth it but just because so BlackBerry can stand up and so it can get more developers to join in. And yes, the BlackBerry Z10 I have is a 3G one which I paid close to 750 bucks for and US fellow BBers get to buy Z10 LTE one for $550.

Don't get me wrong, I have owned a BlackBerry device since 2006 and never looked back, I moved from 9000 to another 9000 to 9800 to 9900 and now to Z10. Almost everyone in my family has a BlackBerry device so don't think I'm just saying this to target BlackBerry, but case in point, other platforms are providing here the best of their stuff (phone models app and media content) and we stayed loyal to BlackBerry and we want it to succeed badly! That's why Z10 was sold out week after week until today here even with the lower specs and higher prices and we don't pay tax here by the way and BlackBerry appeasing the the other markets like the USA market which the launch of Z10 was minimal to say the least.

So this is BlackBerry love to us in ME for believing in BB and wanting it to rise up to the top again!

I'm sorry if I offended anyone and I swear none is intended as I just want to tell our experience and express the frustration but another day passes, I'll still be cheering for BlackBerry as underdog even if it doesn't do well in US

Posted via CB10
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    03-23-13 06:31 AM
    Treating people as second class when they pay first class money for a product will never be popular.
    03-23-13 06:52 AM

So this is BlackBerry love to us in ME for believing in BB and wanting it to rise up to the top again

Posted via CB10
    Agree 100% of every thing you said, they mention STL 100-1 for countries dont support LTE!! Well guess what UAE has the fastest LTE in the world and yet we dont have blackberry device to support it

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:58 AM
    There us a lot of Anger in people for being treated like this, and I even became a subject to jokes of some of my friends who are I phone owners. Worst I don't even have an answer.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:58 AM
    I too agree on all points raised. Z10 sold in Middle East all are 3G and to get an LTE one, I have to place an order in USA or Canada to get it delivered to me. Specs of Z10 sold here are lower than Z10 made available in US and Canada and maybe UK. Updates are pushed by BlackBerry via carriers and not carriers with a push of button are pushing them. In fact, I spoke to the senior manager, BlackBerry support services, at my carrier ******** why the updates are not coming and he simply said, once they get the updates from BlackBerry, they send them across as after the first update, they still haven't received anything from BlackBerry. My friend and I were going to update via the other methods mentioned in crackberry but fortunately I didn't have the time to do it on that day as my friend's Z10 got screwed with the new update. I'm still on version 10.0.10.82

Regarding the apps, it is true that some of the prime apps have not been made available to us and we can only read about them via crackberry and I don't know why. I get the same apps on my ipad no problem, for example, keek is a famous app here and many ios and android users use it and also it's available in BlackBerry World but just is not to us ME BlackBerry users although we, ios and android users all are in the same location.

Also, movies and music, we can't rent or purchase here through BlackBerry World and I get them easily via iTunes on my ipad. Let me mention, we aren't cheap.
    I bought lots of apps and upgrades even as some weren't worth it but just because so BlackBerry can stand up and so it can get more developers to join in. And yes, the BlackBerry Z10 I have is a 3G one which I paid close to 750 bucks for and US fellow BBers get to buy Z10 LTE one for $550.

Don't get me wrong, I have owned a BlackBerry device since 2006 and never looked back, I moved from 9000 to another 9000 to 9800 to 9900 and now to Z10. Almost everyone in my family has a BlackBerry device so don't think I'm just saying this to target BlackBerry, but case in point, other platforms are providing here the best of their stuff (phone models app and media content) and we stayed loyal to BlackBerry and we want it to succeed badly! That's why Z10 was sold out week after week until today here even with the lower specs and higher prices and we don't pay tax here by the way and BlackBerry appeasing the the other markets like the USA market which the launch of Z10 was minimal to say the least.

So this is BlackBerry love to us in ME for believing in BB and wanting it to rise up to the top again!

I'm sorry if I offended anyone and I swear none is intended as I just want to tell our experience and express the frustration but another day passes, I'll still be cheering for BlackBerry as underdog even if it doesn't do well in US

Posted via CB10
    Words well spoken, I also have to order another phone from the US to enjoy the full capabilities of the phone. BlackBerry has all this talk about growing in emerging markets but at this rate they'd be losing that market cos a lot of folks are getting aware of the disparities. I have a couple of friends who have gone off BlackBerry to either android or ios and are very happy at that.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 07:51 AM
    As with the podcast issue, it seems Crackberry are unwilling to bring this up with Blackberry on behalf of their members. Shame really as that should really be what they do!
    03-23-13 02:06 PM
    As with the podcast issue, it seems Crackberry are unwilling to bring this up with Blackberry on behalf of their members. Shame really as that should really be what they do!
    Download Nobex radio - Podcasts works well there... - I know - not a "BlackBerry" produced app - but it does the job
    03-23-13 02:11 PM
    If your Z10 model is STL100-2, you can get updated using the Blackberry Link, without the Sim in the phone.
    zipro likes this.
    03-23-13 03:09 PM
    To be perfectly honest, I'm fine with my Z10 St100-1 without the update. It's terrific as it's and it's the best phone I have had! True that I have to charge it twice or thrice a day but it's better than my buddy carrying 2 sometimes 3 backup batteries for his GS3 LOL and much better situation than my other friend whose Z10 is lagging like crazy after he pushed the update himself via the link. I'll wait till the carrier officially does it as then if anything happens, I'll be all up their faces till I get something for free till they fix it! x_x ^_^

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:17 PM
    Nothing to do with BlackBerry... blame your carrier for not releasing any OS updates.
    Agreed. Swisscom released the update pretty much the instant it came out.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:20 PM
    If your Z10 model is STL100-2, you can get updated using the Blackberry Link, without the Sim in the phone.
    Why? I have an STL100-2. What's different about that model? Mine has Swisscom branding

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 03:21 PM
    Sometimes it is not about the OS updates, sometimes it is about apps not being available to us

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    03-23-13 03:24 PM
34 12