I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy S4.

I promised the Mrs. a new phone, so, I can either give her the Galaxy S4 or my Z10.

Truthfully I'm becoming disenchanted with the maze of bugs and backdoor ways of resolving problems with this phone, a myriad of issues from battery to software - the phone is fussier than a two-year old but there's something elegant about swiping up and to the left to the HUB. Although, email options suck *** compared to the Bold 9000 I previously owned. Also as mine is factory unlocked I'm not sure if I get the 10.1 update, I know for sure my third world carrier likely does not roll out any updates as your guys do in the States.

I don't know what to do
    04-29-13 01:28 PM
    With regard to updates, you can use any sim from a provider, any country, who is pushing updates. Try to give it a little more time, its a new OS with teething problems which will be addressed.
    04-29-13 01:31 PM
    What issues are you having? Maybe someone here can offer some assistance. There are many of us who are quite knowledgeable

I've personally ground BlackBerry 10 to be the most bug free os I've used.

Posted from my LE Zed10
    04-29-13 01:40 PM
    Z10 is great, and since I put the 10.1 leak on my phone things have been amazing. My phone is usually around 17c now when before it was 30-40c, my battery last 12-16 hours depending on usage. Like today I left at 10 on 100% my phone is now on 93 percent, and that's with 4 texts.13 incoming emails, 4 Facebook notification, and 2 short calls. Other then that the screens been off.

But I suggest you try the s4 and if you feel it ps a better fit for you, give your gf the z10. Either way its a win win.
    04-29-13 02:17 PM
    I had the same issue to consider. My wife has an iPhone4 and is at the end of her contract. We seriously considered the Z10 and SG4 for her. Unfortunately, she has become quite accustomed to the apps she currently has on her iPhone. As we all know, the availability of many popular apps on BB10 is a definite disadvantage. Also, for her, productivity is not a key requirement for her mobile platform. If she can get her mail on demand, use the browser and required apps, she is quite happy.

As an advocate for BlackBerry for a number of years, it was hard for me to push her to a Z10 (or additionally a Q10) at this point in time. I know the time will come when this will change, but based on what I know her specific needs will be for a phone, BB10 isn't it. I have had the Z10 since release date and she has used it several times. She was able to use it comfortably and easily picked up the gestures, but it just doesn't have what she was looking for.

For her, the SG4 seems to be a better fit than the BB10 devices. As much as it pains me to know this, I do take comfort in knowing she has absolutely no interest in owning another iPhone.
    ftortora likes this.
    04-29-13 02:29 PM
    I had the same issue to consider. My wife has an iPhone4 and is at the end of her contract. We seriously considered the Z10 and SG4 for her. Unfortunately, she has become quite accustomed to the apps she currently has on her iPhone. As we all know, the availability of many popular apps on BB10 is a definite disadvantage. Also, for her, productivity is not a key requirement for her mobile platform. If she can get her mail on demand, use the browser and required apps, she is quite happy.

As an advocate for BlackBerry for a number of years, it was hard for me to push her to a Z10 (or additionally a Q10) at this point in time. I know the time will come when this will change, but based on what I know her specific needs will be for a phone, BB10 isn't it. I have had the Z10 since release date and she has used it several times. She was able to use it comfortably and easily picked up the gestures, but it just doesn't have what she was looking for.

For her, the SG4 seems to be a better fit than the BB10 devices. As much as it pains me to know this, I do take comfort in knowing she has absolutely no interest in owning another iPhone.
    Just curious, was it specific apps that were missing, or an overall sense that there isn't the same selection?
    04-29-13 02:33 PM
    Just curious, was it specific apps that were missing, or an overall sense that there isn't the same selection?
    Unfortunately, it was a few specific apps. She's picked up enough on my rants about apps and knows that just because one platform has 30 times the number of solitaire and fart apps doesn't mean the platform is better, it only means they've got more (useless?) apps. For her, the big one being the home monitoring and security system. I tried converting the Android versions of this as well as the other apps and side loading them, but they didn't work. Maybe when the android update comes it will be better?

I honestly wish we could have got these working for her. She would have got my Z10 and I'd be looking at a new Q10 in MY future.
    04-29-13 02:50 PM
    If you love her let her choose then you have to live with the other.
    trynacu2 likes this.
    04-29-13 02:55 PM
    Sell the S4 - buy a Q10 - give your wife the Z10 -and keep the Q10 for yourself. Whenever you want to play games - you can just borrow her Z10....
    04-29-13 02:57 PM
    its your decision at the end.. but you r posting such a question in place where most r willing to give their life for BlackBerry.. you are asking the question so that you can hear someone stop you from giving your Z10 to your wife! think about it!!
    04-29-13 03:00 PM
    BlackBerry being in its infancy will obviously have its bugs to work out, so if you are better at managing those, then stick with it and give the wife an s4 as she should be able to pick it right up and start flying on it.

Just like any Os in its infancy, problems may arise more often.

With that said, I remember Android 1.6....it was laughable to say the least. It has come so very far in a short time. BB has done an amazing job with its 1st iteration here.

Honestly don't think you can lose with either phone, but the wife if not as technology inclined might be better off with a s4, unless she thinks it's to big.

My wife cracks on me all the time with the size of the note 2.

Fancy pants Note ||:-)
    04-29-13 03:04 PM
    You just ordered a S4 and bashing in the door and telling the Z10 sucks. Step away from the Blackberry Mobile, Please step away.
    John Pawling and trynacu2 like this.
    04-29-13 03:06 PM
    I think the Z10 (BlackBerry in general) is more "girl-friendly" than the GS4. If she's a texting, emailing, WhatsApp'ing, Facebook'ing, Skype'ing, Google Talking, Tweeting female, she'd probably appreciate the Hub and the keyboard.
    04-29-13 03:08 PM
    B

With that said, I remember Android 1.6....it was laughable to say the least. It has come so very far in a short time.

Fancy pants Note ||:-)
    Like 4.2.2 workig great on samsung . I had problems with lag, bad sound on calls, disconected network and resets every week. With my z10 i dind't had any reset or problem so far. Works for me better then android, not that android is bad. i loved it for more than 4 years. I also started with 1.6 . But OS 10 feels like the new android .
    04-29-13 03:12 PM
    Here's my 2 cents . I talked my gf into buying a Z10. Not just talked her into it but talked her into waiting 6 months with a curve that had electrical tape holding it together. In Feb she went and got the S3 and complained it was too big and asked for advice from me so I said get a Z10. Back went the S3 to Telus after 48 hrs and she got a Z10 before me in Feb.

How do I explain to her the phone rebooting 2-3 times a day and the lack of all her favorite legacy BlackBerry options. Today my Z10 decided to double all my contacts after I did a backup and restore.

Most girls aren't techy and will use a work around like having to use the calender if you want a reminder at a certain time. Blackberry isn't for everyone yet
    04-29-13 03:21 PM
    I got the Z for the wife without asking. She hesitated at first because she loved her 9900 and keyboard and hated the iPhone. After a week or so, she actually loves the device now and enjoys typing on the great keyboard.

If I was you OP, I would give the Z to the girlfriend to try out and see if she likes it. If she doesn't, get your Z back from her and get a new girlfriend....
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-29-13 03:38 PM
    If you can't decide. Let her.
    04-29-13 04:38 PM
    Why can't she decide for herself what she wants? Let her try both and whichever one she likes as she's the one that's going to be using it.
    If she chooses the S4, so be it. At least you both will be happy because she got what she wanted and that is the most important
    04-29-13 05:09 PM