So I'm playing street hockey tonight and my girlfriend stops by to tell me that her z10 (white Verizon) started to smoke and overheat just sitting on the couch. Mind you she is one of those that is consistently getting reboots. She actually touched it and its was hot and almost burned herself. She went to the closest Verizon store 5 minutes away and they noticed the same thing and ordered a new for her and comes in Wednesday. I think this is the first time I've heard of this on the Z10. Anyone have the same issue?
    f_d likes this.
    05-06-13 08:59 PM
    So I'm playing street hockey tonight and my girlfriend stops by to tell me that her z10 (white Verizon) started to smoke and overheat just sitting on the couch. Mind you she is one of those that is consistently getting reboots. She actually touched it and its was hot and almost burned herself. She went to the closest Verizon store 5 minutes away and they noticed the same thing and ordered a new for her and comes in Wednesday. I think this is the first time I've heard of this on the Z10. Anyone have the same issue?
    Unreal..... That's strange. I have never heard of that happening before.... My experience is only so much as leaving the Z10 in a hot car for an hour during my workout. When I came back to use the phone, it was running very slow and glitchy until it physically cooled off.... Operating heat is a different story though..... :-S

Regards,
    05-06-13 09:51 PM
    I have issues with my black Verizon z10 getting hot.

Just now I plugged it in with 25% battery and started browsing the forums in CB10. After it got to 50% it stopped charging (negative wattage via battery guru) and I had the "Use the charger that came with your Device" pop up.

I checked battery guru and temp had hit 99F. That temperature is a hard stop on my device charging. I can reproduce it without fail.

This was using the PlayBook wall charger.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 11:33 PM
    So after talking to Verizon again. They said keep the phone if it's working. The problem was that the phone probably got stuck between switching from wi-fi to 4G. They said this has happened a lot with I-phones. They said that if it happens again to quickly pull the battery out or shut off the phone. Good to know
    05-07-13 08:25 AM
    So after talking to Verizon again. They said keep the phone if it's working. The problem was that the phone probably got stuck between switching from wi-fi to 4G. They said this has happened a lot with I-phones. They said that if it happens again to quickly pull the battery out or shut off the phone. Good to know
    Wait a minute. They told her to keep the phone?

Oh sure, I'll keep a phone that was smoking. Possibly burning down my house, kids, dog, cat and wife!

Uh. NOPE. That phone needs to be replaced.

ASAP!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 08:57 AM
    i tried to send a picture over SMS yesterday to a friend and it just sat at the little red clock, not sending. i tried it another 3 times and they all just sat there. i noticed for the first time my phone was rather warm (although not nearly as hot as the OP's) and my battery went from full to dead within 4 hours. It stayed hot most of that time too. I was busy so I didn't think much of it, I pulled the battery and tried to restart it, still pretty hot. Finally cleared the messages and the phone finally cooled down. Fairly sure it just retried to send 4 pictures over and over for 4 hours until it killed my battery.
    05-07-13 09:17 AM