So I have a Z10 and I want to get an otter box. the thing is I wear a lot of suits to work and when I do I put my phone in the inner pocket. My "concern" is that it will be to bulky/big and be a nuisance all day. To my suit wearing friends, The "Barney Stinson's" of the world do you have an otter box for your Z10 and do you have this problem?

I don't want to pay fifty bucks for something that once it's on, it's a ***** to take off or will be annoying.
    12-23-13 01:02 AM
    Don't.

Z10 and Otter Box-903246529.jpg

Do you see any bezel for you to use any of the gestures that get the Z10 to actually do anything?

Browse around https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=zv5jYkBF ad find something else. I don't think any of the cases should ad enough bulk for the inner jacket pocket. I have my blackberry on the leather case below and it's like I don't have anything in my pocket at all.

Z10 and Otter Box-13641.jpg
    12-23-13 01:05 AM
    Don't.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	903246529.jpg 
Views:	2167 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	232631

Do you see any bezel for you to use any of the gestures that get the Z10 to actually do anything?
    Thanks, I didn't even think of that. Good point. Is that a case or some sort of protection that would work?
    12-23-13 01:10 AM
    Thanks, I didn't even think of that. Good point. Is that a case or some sort of protection that would work?
    Oh, there are plenty, just hit the link on the other post and find one that you like!

Just not OtterBox, sadly.

They screwed up royally.
    12-23-13 01:15 AM
    Don't.

Name:	903246529.jpg 
Views:	2167 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	232631

Browse around https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=zv5jYkBF ad find something else. I don't think any of the cases should ad enough bulk for the inner jacket pocket. I have my blackberry on the leather case below and it's like I don't have anything in my pocket at all.

Name:	13641.jpg 
Views:	1428 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	232632
    Have you actually used one?!

I have and the gestures work fine, there is enough bezel, you don't need a lot.

It is however very bulky, if you don't work outdoors or in a warehouse or factory floor or similar there's no need for this case.

Posted via CB10 on Z10 STL100-2 on EE, UK
    tfp likes this.
    12-23-13 01:15 AM

It is however very bulky, if you don't work outdoors or in a warehouse or factory floor or similar there's no need for this case.

When it came out, this was a very known issue. If they got it fixed, then big props. Would you mind posting a picture?
    curvezzz likes this.
    12-23-13 01:17 AM
    I have one and the design is horrid!!! I couldn't use it a full day due to the gestures not working properly. I use these
    Z10 and Otter Box-img_00000165.jpg
    I have diff colors to match my outfits and I love the display of the symbol on the back. I wish ob would redesign the case.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-23-13 01:54 AM

I bought one too, for my Z10, through shop crackberry. About $20 during the promo sale. I haven't had any serious issues with swiping gestures either. Very solid case. It's not for everyone though-a lot of extra bulk and no 'give' for larger fingers to perform swipes. It's more of a security casing than a convenience case. I am very satisfied. But I do need big pockets for this one!
    12-23-13 02:34 AM
    Transform case is fine I'm using that now

Just enough protection and it doesn't add too much bulk to the phone Really useful when watching media with your phone as it acts as a stand too!

Subscribe to my channel "Mustard seed faith" @ C003C216D
    12-23-13 04:41 AM
    I gave up on the Otterbox. Decided to put on a good quality screen protector and Bob's your uncle. This phone is very durable.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 05:11 AM
    I use Acase Superleggara case. It's similar to Otterbox's commuter series one a silicon layer and a hard shell layer on top of it. It's not available on shop.crackberry but you can find it on Amazon. Mine was priced at $10 or so when I ordered mine.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 05:16 AM
    Otterbox Defender... if you think it's ugly, you're obviously not the target market. It's protected my Z10 from lots of tumbles that would have surely destroyed a non-protected phone.

If you work in a nice climate-controlled environment, the Defender is not for you. But if you're out working when everyone stays home (Ontario ice storm anyone?)... then get it. Function over fashion.

Posted via CB10
    tfp, ProjectBrett and BBRYQ10 like this.
    12-23-13 05:34 AM
    As others have stated, if you NEED the Defender, it's a great case. I'm a Project Coordinator for a sewer and water main company and when I do have to go work on a water main break, trust me the defender does its job admirably

It's not a case for everyone, and sorry to those that have had issues but again, if you NEED it, you won't regret it.

I definitely wouldn't wear it with a suit though, much too bulky. It's fairly easy to remove the case once it's on, nothing like trying to remove the defender case from the PlayBook, that was a pain. Comes off in less than 5 seconds once you get the hang of it.

Depending on the amount of protection you need, look around at some other cases. I also use the Incipio DualPro Shine hard shell case in Brushed Aluminum finish good protection from drops and the brushed aluminum finish gives it that touch of class when worn with a suit.

Take a look in the Crackberry store and I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 06:10 AM
    I switched from otter to Iskin vibe. Really like it. Gives same.protection and less bulky.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 06:12 AM
    I bought it, using it for a day and then it stays on it's box until now.

I recommend Incipio Dualpro, because it has 2 layers consist of silicone & polycarbonate-like material but not impact swiping area, whether it's up or down.

I dropped it hard a couple times and no dent whatsoever on my device.

Attachment 232673
    12-23-13 06:51 AM
    So I have a Z10 and I want to get an otter box. the thing is I wear a lot of suits to work and when I do I put my phone in the inner pocket. My "concern" is that it will be to bulky/big and be a nuisance all day. To my suit wearing friends, The "Barney Stinson's" of the world do you have an otter box for your Z10 and do you have this problem?

I don't want to pay fifty bucks for something that once it's on, it's a ***** to take off or will be annoying.
    Since wear a suit and want to carry your smartphone in the inner pocket the BlackBerry Z10 was probably not the best device in terms of weight. You'll discover the BlackBerry Z10 will push your suit jacket outwards. As for the OtterBox Defender it adds bulk to the smartphone and the bezel swipe gestures become difficult.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    12-23-13 06:53 AM
    The OB has been on my 10 since February of 13, getting close to a year now. Love it, has taking the fall for my phone countless times and has more than paid off the 70$ I put into it :P The gestures are abit on the lacking side but once you get used to the right finger placement.. you get it everytime.
    I just dont like how they cut out such a large area of the screen protector for the camera and sensor. I just solved this problem by adding another screenprotetor under the existing OB screen :P Cant say that I aint set!
    12-23-13 07:35 AM
    Transform case is fine I'm using that now

Just enough protection and it doesn't add too much bulk to the phone Really useful when watching media with your phone as it acts as a stand too!

Subscribe to my channel "Mustard seed faith" @ C003C216D
    I have two transform cases and love them too. Dropped my phone many times and the cases have protected my screen. Some nicks on the unprotected sides but it was a hard fall onto the concrete driveway. Looks good, practical and keeps the slim fit of the phone.

BB Uniq BB Bold -Z10
    12-23-13 07:48 AM

I have. I plunked down fifty bucks and I wish I didn't. I ended up filing the case a bit just to get the bezel swipes to work. Also very bulky. I ended up with a CB Crunk case. Not a great impact resistant shell, but as a rule, I don't drop my phone much.
    12-23-13 09:32 AM
    Definitely stay away from it , unless you're in the construction business and need it. Check amazon there are a ton of Z10 cases.

Canadian cities BBM Channel C001234A4
    12-23-13 10:09 AM
    If you want a more rugged 2 piece type of case, I'd suggest looking at something like the Seidio Active.
    12-23-13 10:38 AM
    The OB has been on my 10 since February of 13, getting close to a year now. Love it, has taking the fall for my phone countless times and has more than paid off the 70$ I put into it :P The gestures are abit on the lacking side but once you get used to the right finger placement.. you get it everytime.
    I just dont like how they cut out such a large area of the screen protector for the camera and sensor. I just solved this problem by adding another screenprotetor under the existing OB screen :P Cant say that I aint set!
    I currently have it also and have no issues using swipe gestures. What I would change is the cut out up top which allows partials to get trapped underneath. Brent, using the defender and the extra protective film under,is the screen still responsive to the touch?

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:41 AM
    I wanted an OtterBox for my Z10, but after reading the reviews about the issues with bezel swiping I was leery of trying one. I ended up with an Incipio Dual Pro, it's not an OtterBox, but it works. I emailed OtterBox customer service and was told that their development team is looking at redesigning the defender, and possibly adding the commuter for the Z10. Hopefully they'll follow through, I'd really like to have my Z10 in an OtterBox.

JPD217
    12-23-13 11:46 AM
    I wanted an OtterBox for my Z10, but after reading the reviews about the issues with bezel swiping I was leery of trying one. I ended up with an Incipio Dual Pro, it's not an OtterBox, but it works. I emailed OtterBox customer service and was told that their development team is looking at redesigning the defender, and possibly adding the commuter for the Z10. Hopefully they'll follow through, I'd really like to have my Z10 in an OtterBox.

JPD217
    When did u email them? Would be nice if they exchanged my current one for a functional one

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-23-13 12:15 PM
    I dumped my Otter Box. Way too bulky and the clip to me was not secure. Currently using the Incipio Dual Pro. Much better feel to the phone. Definitely not as much protection as the OB though.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 01:33 PM
42 12