Hey i live in mid-east kuwait
    And as most mid-eastrians pointed out; our carriers are too lazy to get off thier a$ses and work on releasing the new update
    So i was wondering about downloading it from some website
    Is it safe?
    Like does it have any side effects?
    There are no risks and my device won't face any bugs or slow down right?
    And same question about side-loading apps.. Like instagram and other android apps

And if it's safe, can anyone give the link for the update?
    Thanks

Oh..
    And do u remember older BBs? They supported all kind of fonts, letters and characters
    But z10 only shows small squares and boxes instead :/
    Here's what i'm talking about
    http://2bb.me/f-16f3754309
    http://2bb.me/f-9b75abdb21

These wierd square-like characters are supposed to be letters that used to show on older BB devices
    Qny idea if there's any app to add new fonts and characters to show these letters?
    "Adding other languages to the keyboard won't do the job"
    03-04-13 06:21 PM
    Is that a serious question?
    03-04-13 09:28 PM
    Seriously, I wonder how BlackBerry ignores this issue...

And please, don’t tell me they don’t because the affected devices are those “unlocked” version...
    03-05-13 01:25 AM
    Is that a serious question?
    Yes, i don't wanna risk it
    03-05-13 05:11 AM
    If you have an STL100-1 model, you will get your update soon. My friend in KSA on Mobily just got an update notification now so they will eventually all be rolled out within this week. It's people like me (who purchased an STL100-2 from outside) who need to figure out what to do in this case.

EDIT: It's actually STC who released this update and not Mobily.
    03-05-13 05:36 AM
    Yes, i don't wanna risk it
    Then don't. Yes, there are risks, and yes there could be side effects. And you'll void your warranty. If you don?t know what you're doing, stay away from those.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 09:42 AM
    Basically as with previous firmwares that were found around the web, you take your chance when you play around with firmware updates yourself.

Obviously a lot of people resorted to this recently, and I also did with my STL100-1 device as I wanted to get it updated, as I would never have got that update via a UK carrier as it isn't a UK device. I tried a couple and the ones that wouldn't work told me they wouldn't work, a couple loaded a developer version which was without any apps, and another was one that worked.

I was only happy doing this because this device is a test device, and part of my testing was to see what that would do and how it would impact the device and settings. For my normal device, I would not want to play around with firmwares. I used to do it all the time on the older devices because there were always so many available, and the carriers were awful and updating theirs. Now that BlackBerry have moved to in theory a single firmware for each device, the carrier won't be making loads of under the covers changes, only a minor update to put whatever they need on it, but it appears to still have to be approved by the carrier before it does get out.
    03-05-13 09:45 AM
    My device model is STL100-1, I got it from Axiom and I got the update just now. My carrier is Mobily.
    03-05-13 09:50 AM
    If you have an STL100-1 model, you will get your update soon. My friend in KSA on Mobily just got an update notification now so they will eventually all be rolled out within this week. It's people like me (who purchased an STL100-2 from outside) who need to figure out what to do in this case.

EDIT: It's actually STC who released this update and not Mobily.
    I'm also waiting on an update for STL100-2.. using an unlocked O2 UK phone in South Africa
    03-05-13 10:35 AM
    My device model is STL100-1, I got it from Axiom and I got the update just now. My carrier is Mobily.
    Mine is STL100-1 as well.. Still waiting for the update -.-
    03-05-13 02:27 PM