Hi All,

I got my Z10 3 days after the Canada Launch and have been in love with it, until today. No random reboots, good battery life, no problems except for a short lag while trying to go into settings or to change the notifications profile.

Symptoms

Starting this morning my SD Card stopped being recognized. I have not changed the SD card and the phone has not had any bounces or drops or any sort of trauma.

I did a battery pull to no avail, instead of helping it actually added to my problem.

Presently when I try to reboot using the power button it just gets stuck at the shutdown stage. The word “Blackberry” appears on the screen but it never shuts down and therefore is never able to reboot.

If I do a battery pull it does restart and I am able to swipe through my home screens and go into my folders but I cannot actually click on any of my icons to open any of my apps. The screen sort of shudders but nothing happens. I can hold an icon and delete an app. Also I can pull down the settings menu, but cannot open up any of the settings options.

After some battery pulls the hub is available after others it is just a black screen.

Sometimes when the hub is available I am able to open messages, other times I am not.

Have had two random reboots.

After one battery pull cycle I was able to go into settings and check for updates and was able to update to 10.0.10.85 (small 6MB) (I am on Rogers). This made no difference to the performance/problems.

The back of the phone after some battery pull cycles has gotten very hot, after others it is fine.

All of this has happened in the last 4 hours, I have attempted a restart about 4 times and done about 6 battery pulls.

Right now it is almost back to normal, but still cannot see the SD Card and it is running hot with nothing open.

Anybody with a similar experience? Any Suggestions? Have lots of files on that SD card that I do not have anywhere else.

Generally I am just disappointed. I am a Blackberry faithful and very vocal advocate. I believe so much in the product that I bought shares in the company, this morning when I could not get my work done and had to postpone a meeting because I did not have access to files because my phone was busy crashing, I wished I had an iPhone or Android or my trusty old Torch. I have egg all over my face because I am forever preaching that I want a reliable tool, not a toy that is why I go Blackberry.
    05-07-13 01:12 PM
    can you do a security wipe even and start fresh with the entire phone?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-07-13 01:33 PM
    I am going to try that tonight. Hoping the SD card is visible to my computer so I can get teh contents off.
    05-07-13 01:51 PM
    What happens of you pull the battery and restart the phone without the sd card?

Posted via CB10
    twis likes this.
    05-07-13 01:52 PM
    That's why you do not do battery pulls!! Shutdown the phone normally than once off pull it. Battery pulls are a last resort If frozen.
    twis likes this.
    05-07-13 01:55 PM
    10.1 for Z10 stating to roll out:
    http://m.gsmarena.com/blackberry_os_...-news-5986.php

Posted via CB10
    DOCTOREVIL8, twis and a_w like this.
    05-07-13 02:11 PM
    What happens of you pull the battery and restart the phone without the sd card?

Posted via CB10
    This, I would try restarting the phone without the SD card.

Posted via CB10
    twis likes this.
    05-07-13 02:17 PM
    Agree. Eliminate the SD card first by taking it out your Z10. If problem persists after that then do a security wipe and start afresh. All the best.

Posted via CB10 using my awesome BB Z10
    twis and Blacklatino like this.
    05-07-13 02:22 PM
    Might be a SD card problem and not the phone. Did you try to put a large file on your SD card recently? Remember its max 4 GB

Posted via CB10
    twis likes this.
    05-07-13 02:25 PM
    Nope nothing has gone on or off recently. Only recent chages were the Autotrader.ca app which I installed yesterday and removed today when trouble started and a WhatsApp upgrade this morning.
    05-07-13 02:32 PM
    Your issue is likely the SD Card itself, try using a new one, if the phone gets hot in the back check if it is by sdcard slot, if yes then there's your problem.

A faulty sdcard may cause a lot of issues to the device

Posted via CB10
    twis likes this.
    05-07-13 02:42 PM
    Take out your SD card and scan it for bad sectors on your PC. Fixed this issue for me.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    twis likes this.
    05-07-13 02:49 PM
    Might be a SD card problem and not the phone. Did you try to put a large file on your SD card recently? Remember its max 4 GB

Posted via CB10
    Yes darn FAT32 limitations!

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    twis likes this.
    05-07-13 02:50 PM
    I did a battery pull to no avail,
    If I do a battery pull it....
    After some battery pulls....some battery pull cycles has gotten very hot, after others it is fine.
    Now I know why phone manufacturers, other than just forcing obsolescence, are making non-replaceable batteries. Ask your friends if they are performing battery pulls as well.

CrackBerry...This would be a good time for an article about not performing battery pulls any longer.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    Last edited by venious; 05-07-13 at 06:56 PM.
    05-07-13 03:06 PM