My z10 has been working fine since introduced in Canada, except the battery life issue. I usually have to charge after 8 hours.
    This evening was on a call and put the unit into the holster after the call, pulled it out an hour later to show a friend a picture and noticed
    that the red light was flashing, went to unlock and nothing happened. It is giving 1 red flash then a slight pause and then 4 more red
    flashes. Took out battery and tried reboot only to find that the same thing happened again. Thought maybe battery dead and plugged
    in to recharge no luck same flashes. Have messed around for a while and was able to get the Blackberry word a couple times and
    nothing happened, when I pushed the start button would go back to the 5 red blinks consistently. Tried to connect to Link and no luck
    Anyone else seen this or know of a possible fix. My suspicion it the battery is done but don't have another one to try tonite.
    07-09-13 11:41 PM
    OP,

When my father's phone got water damage this was the response. Both the phone and battery were damaged (I swapped batteries with my phone to check).

My suggestion would be check for water damage and try to replace the battery.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 11:49 PM
    The led blinking in that fashion is an error code, possibly hardware failure. You might need to get the device repaired or replaced. HOWEVER some folks have revived such devices via an OS reload. You need to get an autoloader OS, go to the BB OS Leaks forum you'll find a ton of them.
    07-10-13 12:00 AM
    damn this has been happening to so many people on this board. Happened to me had to get mine replaced.
    07-10-13 12:21 AM
    [i'm having the same issue right now; someone suggested I google means of red blink leds of blackberry and it brought me to allsmartphoneinfo.blogspot.ca ...provides a page called " means of red blink leds of blackberry " that has a list of led codes and their meaning and another called "How to resolve blackberry totally cant turn on and nuked". I'm going to see if the how to resolve think works but it looks like whether I try myself or give to my carrier imma lose whatever data I haven't backed up yet good luck to my fellow z10 victims!!
    07-10-13 10:31 PM
    Same issue over here, the first reply might fix it, but if that doesn't help you then looks like you're SOL :S
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...seless-827256/
    Best thing you could do is contact either your carrier or a licensed BB tech...
    07-10-13 10:53 PM
    I had this happen after my z10 locked on 100% on boot up after an OS update. I pulled the battery after waiting a while and then it wouldn't start and had the error code blinking. Had to connect to link and clicked on reload and it reloaded the OS. Then I went to BlackBerry Protect because I didn't have my BlackBerry backed up and and I reloaded what was backed up from protect. It allows this just once. Alk other data I had on my sd card so I didn't lose anything. But I now use a different PC which for some reason will allow me to back up my z10 on link so I back up often.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-11-13 12:09 AM
    Me too. Just did the 10.1.0.4181 update. Hope this is fixable. phone was rock solid up until then. In 3 different continents. DAMN THIS PISSES ME OFF.
    08-02-13 02:08 PM
    I just read in CB similar problems and I have just posted the same below.

I have the same problem, my phone is on this morning because it doesn't have the auto sleep mode (on and off), I was accessing a web page and had to access my contacts but the app would not open, I did a reboot by holding the power button and selecting the restart BB option and then kept getting the 5 blinking LEDs... 1 long pause followed by 3 short blinks and then 1 blink wiht a long pause. Tried battery pulls, removed my SIM card and SD cards and inserted again. With battery inserted does the same flashing LED.

Tried to access device from BB LINK, but the program doesn't recognize my BB, the Device Manager recognize a BB device but the Z10 (STL100-3) would some how disconnect and shows 0 connections.

I run stock BB OS with the recent OS update, which was supposed to be stable.

Does BlackBerry read these messages, a lot of people is experiencing this issue. I checked their BlackBerry support site and see similar posting.

CrackBerrry, anyone on your team experiencing the same thing, we can't love our BB 10 if we can't use it.

I believe the OS is 10.1.0.4537 (the new 10.1 Maintenance Release).
    Last edited by Wireless Gadget; 08-18-13 at 07:29 PM. Reason: adding OS version
    08-17-13 08:12 AM
    Wireless Gadget, what OS are you on?
    08-17-13 08:22 AM
    Never mind the red light flashing or blinking. Mine is completely dead! I can't even start it. Did battery pulls tried holding the top lock button for a minute. Tried charging it and NOTHING. I'm on vacation overseas and was kind of needing this phone for back home business reasons. Right about now blackberry has failed me HUGE! I'm so not happy at this moment in time.
    08-17-13 08:48 AM
    Never mind the red light flashing or blinking. Mine is completely dead! I can't even start it. Did battery pulls tried holding the top lock button for a minute. Tried charging it and NOTHING. I'm on vacation overseas and was kind of needing this phone for back home business reasons. Right about now blackberry has failed me HUGE! I'm so not happy at this moment in time.
    Sorry, what a drag. But since you are getting absolutely nothing (does that include while plugged in?) make sure your battery fits correctly. There seem to be a weirdly large number of loose batteries. Shim with a piece of paper?
    08-17-13 09:49 AM
    pls help my z10 only shows the RED light, and cant turn on..
    noticed after a while the RED light turns off but the phone still wont startup....pls heeeeeelp
    11-18-13 08:39 AM
    Did you try holding the power button for 20-30sec. In my case it helped to restart it.
    If you think that battery is not charged then put the phone on power charger for 1-2 hours before try this.

pls help my z10 only shows the RED light, and cant turn on..
    noticed after a while the RED light turns off but the phone still wont startup....pls heeeeeelp
    11-26-13 05:36 PM
    Hehe... this thread just reminded me that I haven't had to boot even once in the past three weeks. Solid!!!

You people who can't boot, maybe make sure your battery is charged. From what I can see, it's pretty much impossible to crash these things short of running them over with a truck.
    11-26-13 05:54 PM
    This just happened to me also. Right after software update when I clicked "restart later"
    03-03-14 09:12 PM
    My son's Z10 just bricked too, while he was using it - just died with no warning, and a full charge. LED stays on for a couple of minutes, but no other sign of life no matter what you do. I returned it to the shop, and I have just had an update that they have had to "return it to manufacturer" for repair, as they have been unable to fix it in-house.
    He only got it at Christmas, so is quite disappointed, as you can imagine.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 03:50 PM
    My z10 has been working fine since introduced in Canada, except the battery life issue. I usually have to charge after 8 hours.
    This evening was on a call and put the unit into the holster after the call, pulled it out an hour later to show a friend a picture and noticed
    that the red light was flashing, went to unlock and nothing happened. It is giving 1 red flash then a slight pause and then 4 more red
    flashes. Took out battery and tried reboot only to find that the same thing happened again. Thought maybe battery dead and plugged
    in to recharge no luck same flashes. Have messed around for a while and was able to get the Blackberry word a couple times and
    nothing happened, when I pushed the start button would go back to the 5 red blinks consistently. Tried to connect to Link and no luck
    Anyone else seen this or know of a possible fix. My suspicion it the battery is done but don't have another one to try tonite.
    What OS were you running? I messed mine up royally. No fix was in site until the 10.2.1.1925 leak. I was able to get it up and running.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 09:30 PM
    This has happened to me twice i'm on my third Z10. I love this phone but it only lasts me about 3 months.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 11:34 PM
    This has happened to me twice i'm on my third Z10. I love this phone but it only lasts me about 3 months.

Posted via CB10
    Hi mine died mid afternoon on Saturday. Cannot find any help online had anyone managed to resolve the OS issue and get the phone discoverable when connected to computer
    03-10-14 02:49 PM