Thanks for the catch.

You just sent me down memory lane. I haven't owned an HP or Compaq computer since '95? when I was new to the Web with a Compaq 486 dx2, brand new copy of windows 95, and a 28.8 modem. LOL

Posted via CB10
    Memory lane indeed. A Commodore VIC-20, Commodore Cassette Unit, Commodore VICmodem (300 bps = 300 baud in those days), and a subscription to CompuServe. Developing a terminal emulator in Commodore VIC BASIC. Typing programmes from Compute! Magazine using a special data entry programme written in Commodore VIC BASIC if I recall correctly. I do miss the simplicity of those years.
    11-13-13 07:42 PM
    I'd love to do online banking on my z10. Unfortunately BMO haven't seen fit to create a mobile banking app for BB10.

*And yes, I know I can access BMO mobile banking in the browser, but there should be an app.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 07:45 PM
    No issues here...My only worry is the wife bleeding the acct.'s dry...

How about a deep fried Z10? ...Eat it! Fatty
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    11-13-13 07:46 PM
    Thanks everyone....I appreciate all the suggestions xx

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 02:54 AM
    With the kind comments, and research on the virus, I have started to understand what is happening. It does make me feel somewhat daft when I can sort out a poorly BlackBerry but not have a clue about a computer.

It appears this virus is a worm, which attaches to a file and leaves a bit of its self hiding there. Then it goes off around the PC to look for keys being pressed. As anti virus software catches it and deletes it, it's little hidden bit starts another worm and off it goes again. So, I realise it is in the modem.....in the depths of files etc..

The PC is 10 yrs old, I am 50 yrs older than it, and therefore will not let it get the better of me The PC is in the corner of the spare room, not even plugged in, so the worm is isolated. The bank is tightened down so all is safe at the moment.

I mentioned limited funds, and my next thought is that I am not prepared to accept that I have to part with precious cash to put right something that some evil low life has dropped on my doorstep, cos if I spend out the hacker is winning.

So, best part of the battle is won, my mind is settled and I understand.

Now I have two options. Use the Z10 or completely wipe the Playbook....which I hardly ever use...and use the Playbook as a secure banking only tablet.

Again I would like to thank everyone helping me during my moments of sheer panic yesterday, thanks for the advice, and for taking the time to explain things to me that I didn't understand. xx

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 04:14 AM
    My PC is switched off, off at the elec socket too. It's on twice a week, straight onto the log in page of the bank which is my home page. I log in to the bank, check balance or pay a bill and out again. Switch off and unplugged. I never go onto sites, email accounts, absolutely nowhere. All it does is the bank twice a week. So I can't understand where this Tanatos T keystroke logger is coming from.
    It's re-installing itself because your antivirus isn't wiping it out all the way. It probably either created its own small, hidden hard drive partition, or it wrote to the boot sector so it reinstalls itself each time the computer boots up. You need to wipe EVERYTHING off the drive with the tools from the drive manufacturer (seagate, WD, Samsung) and start reinstalling windows & programs from the ground up.
    11-16-13 10:32 AM
    Viruses, I'm too tepid to download anything from my Windows computer anymore.

I have begun downloading music from my Z10 though. I turned off the flash support in the browser and searched up the most virus prone websites and downloaded some tunes.

I'm going on the Basis that they're aren't many qnx virus for download yet!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:38 AM
32 12