ok everyone, hopefully someone can help me here. picked up the phone yesterday and love it but i'm having a couple issues. after a few hours of use, the notificatiosm don't work. doesn't make a sound when I get a txt,bbm,email etc. led doesn't flash. sometimes it doesn't even ring. also, the little red reminder on the bbm icon is always there, even though I don't have new messages. I haven't changed anything on the phone. if I restart it, everything goes back to normal. anyone have the same problems?
    02-06-13 10:15 AM
    I an having the same problem with notifications. Only a power down seems to fix it for a short time? This is not a new problem for BB I have had it on several other models??
    02-08-13 07:12 AM
    I had that problem on the first day. I did a reboot and it cleared itself up. Hasn't come back since. Just try a reboot friend, I'm sure it is a bug they will fix.
    02-08-13 07:54 AM
    I myself also have this problem I hope they fix it I'm kind of discouraged
    02-09-13 10:10 PM
    I'm having the same recurring issue as well, I have rebooted a couple times for a temp fix but I'm curious if this is a software issue or is there something wrong with the unit. Are you guys gonna return yours or pray for an update?
    02-10-13 02:58 PM
    I've been having the same problem and almost took my Z10, then I made and observation. The problem only occured after I'd used by bluetooth headset. I tested that theory and the problem definitely is in the area of switching back after a bluetooth connection.
    02-12-13 07:00 PM
    I also have this problem. Anybody got a definitive solution to this problem?
    04-08-13 02:51 PM
    have you tried checking settings/notifications and each individual item? that was the problem for me
    04-08-13 02:55 PM
    I tried everything. Reinstalling software, remove the battery, reboot the hub, clean the machine, nothing's certain. only works on vibrate mode for all notifications.
    Even that has seen more users with this problem over the world participating in some forums but no solution.
    04-08-13 05:55 PM
    someone managed to solve this problem?
    04-08-13 06:50 PM
    The strange thing is that the sound when connected to a headset, the sound appears.
    04-08-13 06:58 PM
    Under each notification profile check if vibrate, led, sounds are turned on, and now scroll down and check individual setting ie: phone, message, etc.

Posted via CB10 on my zed10
    04-08-13 07:02 PM
    Swipe down from the top menu from the home screen and go into notifications. You can change sounds for different profiles. I had my phone and BBM messages turned off. I updated the settings and they began making sounds.
    04-08-13 07:04 PM
    I tried that. But the icon in normal Ringer gets dark. blue and not as active.
    I tried also to change the HUB individually by the bell function and also did not work.
    Thank suggestion.
    Friends, any more suggestions of what might be?
    04-08-13 07:39 PM
    I have a Z10, slt100-1 10.0.10.99
    Last edited by lopesmariof; 04-09-13 at 09:46 AM.
    04-08-13 07:47 PM
    Anyone else had this problem and managed solution?
    04-09-13 09:47 AM
    Go into the phone settings directly (not through the top menu on the home screen) by clicking on the gear-shaped icon in your app list, then go under notifications and check to ensure that each and every individual item has the sound set to ON and LED set to ON - note that it isn't enough that the overall notification setting has those set to ON, each individual app (eg. phone, BBM, text message, etc) has have those things set to ON as well. Vibrate is your own preference (note that it should still vibrate in vibrate only mode if your sound is set to ON, as it replaces all sounds with vibration).

JB
    ndorazio likes this.
    04-09-13 11:27 AM
    JB, thanks for your post.
    I tried what you said but did not work. After the configuration pulled the battery and restarted the phone but still have the problem. with headphone sound comes out perfectly. is very strange. As I already said cleaning safety, returned to factory settings, but nothing the sound back.
    04-09-13 12:09 PM
    I have a slightly different problem: I do get the sound, LED and vibrate as appropriate except that sometimes the wrong sound is played. I've configured different email sounds for each of my family members in Contacts but they don't always play. I get the default sound instead. Anybody else seen this?
    04-09-13 01:56 PM
    @lopesmariof, just to be sure (and I'm not doing this to make you feel like a dumbarse), are you ensuring your sound profile is set to "normal" and not "silent" or "vibrate only?" The amount of times I've gotten so frustrated at a problem I'm having only to find out it's some stupid, simple solution like that is insane, so I'm only asking to see if that's the case and not questioning your intelligence. If that's not the issue, at this point you may have a defective speaker (or something else defective within the specific phone you have). Does music play through the speaker if you start playing a song? If it doesn't, it's probably the speaker that is the issue. If it does, then there is likely something else that's wrong that is outside the scope of the forum here to help you with. I'd suggest talking with your carrier about a warranty repair and/or replacement.

@geekwu, this is a bit of a known issue (at least in the sense that I've seen multiple threads talking about it). I get the feeling it's simply a software confusion between the different apps (contacts vs. Hub) and the Hub is winning the argument, thus causing the default sound to play. I don't want to say that this will be fixed with the next update, but it's certainly something to hope for. Perhaps get in touch with Team BlackBerry via Twitter or Facebook and make mention of it to them? Feedback is important so that updates can be tailored to what users need.

JB
    04-09-13 02:10 PM
    I have a similar problem - my sounds all accordingly except my BBM sound won't change stays on default setting.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:49 PM
    JB, thank you for your support.
    I confirm that I am in the normal profile and the same does not ring the bell and the icon is gray with only vibrating receiving notifications.
    I think even that might be a hardware issue, but the strange thing is that the headset sounds it emits. Even stranger.
    As reported've tried all the procedures suggested here, but got no success.
    I'm sujestivo the lead operator, but would like to have this certainty until the period of support be very time consuming.
    Sera that someone had a solution that was not the operator?
    04-10-13 04:50 PM
    Anyone solved this problem ?
    11-06-14 06:03 PM