But do you have the complete series of Green Acres, Get Smart and 12,000 songs on your phone? Some people like to enjoy that option.
    Oh crap! I feel so deprived.
    02-20-20 11:21 PM
    But do you have the complete series of Green Acres, Get Smart and 12,000 songs on your phone? Some people like to enjoy that option.
    LOL@video on a phone.

However, I usually have 50-200GB of hi-res music on my SD card, not to mention downloaded podcasts and audio books. Then there are my work-related files and reference books that eat up another couple of GBs. Finally, I keep the backup image of my laptop on my phone, so I can restore it any time I need to.

All in all, I'd say the SD card is more important than 90% of the apps on my phone.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    02-21-20 08:08 AM
    LOL@video on a phone.

However, I usually have 50-200GB of hi-res music on my SD card, not to mention downloaded podcasts and audio books. Then there are my work-related files and reference books that eat up another couple of GBs. Finally, I keep the backup image of my laptop on my phone, so I can restore it any time I need to.

All in all, I'd say the SD card is more important than 90% of the apps on my phone.

100% agree with that.
    02-21-20 09:12 AM
    I guess not using an SD card makes me a Luddite, lol.
    02-21-20 10:00 AM
    I guess not using an SD card makes me a Luddite, lol.
    Or, you just like to keep things simple.

As an Architect, I take lots of job-site photos, and only keep the last 3 visits on my phone before taking them off for good. I copy them to my work computer for field reports as soon as I get back to my desk, but keep the last few visits just in case. I'll take a few 100 photos on each visit, so between that and the personal photos that just stay on the phone, I'm close to full on a 64Gb sd card now.

I also use it to back up some project files too. A lot of our stuff is in the cloud now, but some support stuff stays local, so when I work at home, I have to keep a copy of some of those support files with me.

I use a Galaxy S9 with 64Gb internal and that's more than half full with just the apps.
    02-21-20 10:17 AM
    Hello I'm also now full-time in the 2020 Z10 Club!

I always carried the Z10 as a spare to my Passport. Yesterday the Passport got stuck on a reboot loop so the Z10 is now front and centre for some major Hub email action.

Observations on this are that it is still nice to use, the smaller form factor is a pleasure, but the lack of processor power is showing for the two Android apps I would like. Deezer can't play music without chopping and Fennec F-Droid is sloooooow. Deezer deleted; just keeping Fennec for the few occasions I need a more modern browser.

I'm a bit rusty on typing on glass but am getting better as I practice. Finding it a slight pain with a keyboard popping up on screen when I'm not used to it. No worries, this is just a re-learning curve.

I forgive it all this as all I really need is the Hub to stay productive and the ability to view PDFs nicely. Plus to still be able to BBM my family while I'm away is a godsend. .

Great little phone and looks so cool in Red!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jamescarruthers; 02-22-20 at 08:22 AM.
    02-22-20 07:11 AM
    Deezer deleted and using the modified Fennec browser from XcrazyS when necessary, which absolutely flies with his mods plus following his instructions on changing things in the about:config page. I will hardly use Android apps but it's nice to have a browser if I'm stuck.

Basic it meets all my needs well and I've dug out the spare battery and box charger just in case.

Off traveling for a busy few days at work to give the battery a proper test!

(Missing my keyboard shortcuts in the browser, calendar, Hub and in general)

Z10 - nothing compares-z10.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jamescarruthers; 02-23-20 at 04:33 AM.
    02-23-20 04:04 AM
    LOL@video on a phone.

I couldn't resist any longer the urge to try a Z10, so I bought 2 off eBay where both were AT&T branded for less than $45 for the pair. The battery on the Classic was showing its age so I had an excuse for buying a backup.

So far, I am enjoying it. It's like a smaller version of my wife's Leap but with the hardware closer to my Classic. I'm torn between the two as I like the PKB on the Classic but I like how nice the predictive VKB responds on the Z10.

The question is what is the largest SD card it will support. The specs indicate around 54GB, but you indicate you have over 200GB. I am like you in that I have a lot of podcasts I download for listening while on the go or at work. So given you're the senior expert on all things Z10, what size SD can I use? I use a high speed 128GB card in my Classic, so will that work or is it limited to 54GB.

BTW, for picking up the Z10s used, the battery life is phenomenal. I think they had been replaced before they were turned in.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-20 11:36 PM
    The Z10 will take the larger capacity sd card. It was originally limited to 32 GB, but once OS 10.2.1.3175 came out, the OS added support for ExFAT, which allowed for the larger capacity card sizes.

That's why you might see conflicting info.

I think the theoretical limit is 2 TB. But, 1 TB is the biggest you can buy right now - for a big chunk of change. And, of course, at the time the Z10 was advertising it's capacity, no one had anything near that big yet. They were just getting in the 128 - 200 GB range.
    03-22-20 01:24 AM
34 12