04-12-13 09:51 AM
61 123
tools
    I've had mine since the start and it's fast as ever. I heard the SD card thing as well but SanDisk is the same one I'm using.

I wonder if you have an app or program running in the background that's causing it to bog down. Did you download anything recently you can track it back to?

Posted via CB10
    No unfortunately nothing is running, as said activeframes is empty...
    03-24-13 04:23 PM
    No issues here and I have had it for 2 weeks with heavy usage. Try resetting the hub by swiping 5 times.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 04:29 PM
    Sorry but I don't want to clear my call log. That would be a bug if that is slowing it down, that is my history...

SD Card is a Sandisk 64GB job. Free storage on phone is 8.3GB and Free Memory is 772.6MB.

And no I've got a femtocell in my closet connected to the broadband giving me a perfect full 3G signal strength thank you very much...

And yes, my bragging point was speed and usability for the last month and half...but now it all of a sudden stops at times...
    Wanting to keep call history sounds legit.

772 MB appears to be on the lower side, though, if there is nothing in the active frames. Close all the apps, restart the phone. Check the free ram. Should be easily over 1 gb without any app running. If that's not the case, may be an app with permission to Internet access is acting weird (just my guess).

Also, backtrack to the last day the phone worked at good speed. What are the apps you installed after that day? What settings, for emails may be, have you changed? If anything makes it to this list, try and un install those apps/ undo those changes, and restart and see if that makes any difference. If the phone worked fine for a certain period of time, I am guessing it is an app or a setting change (traffic data collection settings or android port apps) that's causing the slowdown.

Edit:
    And verify (ask the guys you bought it from, if you're not sure) if that's a class 4 or class 10 SD card. Emperically speaking, class 4 SD card filled to capacity should slow down (media) access on any phone. Class 10 SD cards are supposed to be faster.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 05:15 PM
    Just a quick question...I currently have 754 mb free memory. Obviously this can go up or down, but what is the best way to increase? Does it just require a restart or battery pull? I only have one active frame running all the time but wanted to know for future purposes and just in case I run into some sluggishness.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy ZED10
    03-24-13 05:18 PM
    Just a quick question...I currently have 754 mb free memory. Obviously this can go up or down, but what is the best way to increase? Does it just require a restart or battery pull? I only have one active frame running all the time but wanted to know for future purposes and just in case I run into some sluggishness.

A restart does free up the ram, but that shouldn't be necessary. Just closing the app should free up the RAM. I use Wallpaper HD app that shows the free RAM in real time. So that makes it possible to gauge how much memory a particular app uses, and how much of it is freed upon closing the app.

Now from what I am used to seeing on my phone, anything less than 1 gb with no apps running is really low. Although, I am not perfectly sure of how low the ram needs to get in order to show an effect on the performance on Z10, it does appear to be contributing here.

I still have more than 1gb free with two apps running.
    Z10 not so quick anymore-img_00000089.png

Posted via CB10
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    03-24-13 05:30 PM
    I haven't had any such issues... 4 pages of apps
    03-24-13 05:34 PM
    I appreciate the suggestions, however it will free up memory when required.

Heck my iPad only has 256MB.

The sd card is a class 10. It's been fine for a while now. I'll see what it is like in the morning after it hasn't been used for a while.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 05:35 PM
    Bring the Z10back to the store, Maybe you will get new one.

Software problems are part of the garantie.

Sorry form the bad English.

BlackBerry Z10, Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 06:10 PM
    reboot or software update should fix this !
    03-24-13 06:13 PM
    I've been using it since Feb 5th, no issues here.
    03-24-13 06:19 PM
    A restart does free up the ram, but that shouldn't be necessary. Just closing the app should free up the RAM. I use Wallpaper HD app that shows the free RAM in real time. So that makes it possible to gauge how much memory a particular app uses, and how much of it is freed upon closing the app.

Now from what I am used to seeing on my phone, anything less than 1 gb with no apps running is really low. Although, I am not perfectly sure of how low the ram needs to get in order to show an effect on the performance on Z10, it does appear to be contributing here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000089.png 
Views:	679 
Size:	726.3 KB 
ID:	143631

Posted via CB10
    A restart does free up RAM, but so does closing an app. This isn't like legacy BBOS where there were memory leaks and a restart was required to free it up. Please do some research before posting incorrect information like that.

I can have 8 active frames with less then 200mb of free RAM, and i don't have any issues with performance. Perhaps some shi**y app you installed is causing a problem.
    03-24-13 06:23 PM
    Sorry but I don't want to clear my call log. That would be a bug if that is slowing it down, that is my history...
    SD Card is a Sandisk 64GB job. Free storage on phone is 8.3GB and Free Memory is 772.6MB.
    And no I've got a femtocell in my closet connected to the broadband giving me a perfect full 3G signal strength thank you very much...
    And yes, my bragging point was speed and usability for the last month and half...but now it all of a sudden stops at times...
    No issues so far, got mine Feb 5th at Rogers. I also got a microSD 64GB from Amazon and have used it for dumping music and videos. I've even used it to record for a taping session... Sorry to hear. If you narrow it done, please post. Could be a bug, hard to say without finding the actual culprit.
    03-24-13 06:23 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000089.png 
Views:	679 
Size:	726.3 KB 
ID:	143631

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply. I only have 776 with one app running. I'm wondering if something may be wrong then...memory leaks should be a thing of the past. gonna do some digging around and see if any apps are doing something weird in the background.

03-24-13 06:24 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I only have 776 with one app running. I'm wondering if something may be wrong then...memory leaks should be a thing of the past. gonna do some digging around and see if any apps are doing something weird in the background.

Memory leaks are a thing of the past, that guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
    03-24-13 06:28 PM
    Sounds like an app may be the culprit. Be curious to know if you figure it out. Please post and share!
    03-24-13 06:30 PM

I'm not worried about how much memory free there is. The OS doesn't care in these days, and neither do I, that gets handled it is really is an obsession of the past.

If it persists I'll take it back, thing is, it has been so new that I haven't seen a pattern yet. It was just that when the OP posted this I thought...Yes I experienced that....I'll leave it for a while and see if I can spot a pattern when it is happening...
    03-24-13 06:33 PM
    Yes i agree
    03-24-13 08:09 PM
    Hey everyone. Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing a "chuggy" BlackBerry as of late. After using it now since it's been released in Canada I've been using it as my only phone. What seems to happen now is everything is running slow, apps are slow to load, Bbm conversations are blank for about 6 or 7 seconds then they load, when opening the phone app it shows just numbers for about 5 or 6 seconds until contact details load. Just general performance problems. I'm debating doing a wipe and reloading but curious if this is happening else where? Any solutions? Yes I'm on the latest update from Bell.

Posted via CB10
    I've seen some sluggishness from time for time. When it's happened I usually just reboot and things are fine again for a week or so.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:59 PM
    Question for op: how many apps did you sideload?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 10:33 PM
    Question for op: how many apps did you sideload?

Posted via CB10
    The answer --> ZERO. I didn't want to go through the hassle of side loading. While many people love their side loaded apps, I've taken the personal policy of "if it wasn't built for my device, I ain't using it". Just a personal preference even though many many have had success with side loads.

UPDATE: Well my update after calling Bell, then being passed through to Blackberry Level 1 and Level 2 support... they ruled my phone defective. They determined after 2 wipes and factory resets that my phone was defective. As it turns out, when I sent them the report that they requested in the HELP app, they determined that my phone was over utilizing my processor. I apparently had a phone that was excessively using the processor even when idle. Blackberry Level 2 support was kind enough to report to Bell that my phone was defective, so a new one is on its way. I really have to commend BlackBerry for their latin america customer service group. Was very refreshing talking to an informed group. They knew their product, knew how to support it and knew when to call it quits. Thanks to everyone here as well for taking the time to figure it out.
    Verbal72 likes this.
    03-24-13 11:34 PM
    I should also add, that unlike many im not mad at BlackBerry at all, not going to say this phone is crap, and not going to imply that they didn't get their act together. Just like ANY electronic, a bad one is always in the bunch and happens to Apple products, google products.. everyone. Its the support I get from this community and the support I got from blackberry thats going to keep me around. yes it also helps that i still absolutely love this phone
    Verbal72 and raremage like this.
    03-24-13 11:38 PM
    A restart does free up RAM, but so does closing an app. This isn't like legacy BBOS where there were memory leaks and a restart was required to free it up. Please do some research before posting incorrect information like that.

I can have 8 active frames with less then 200mb of free RAM, and i don't have any issues with performance. Perhaps some shi**y app you installed is causing a problem.
    Learn to read first and then comment, dumb head. I said a restart should free up the memory but "that shouldn't be necessary". It was in reply to a previous question asking whether restarts free the memory. And as far as doing some research and not knowing what I said in above comments goes - LOL! You go read the comments properly first, and then about operating systems in general before you decide to get into an argument with someone whose profession is to deal with exactly these issues. Every point made previously IS perfectly valid. Don't overreach yourself. For your own good.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:40 AM
    First email opening of the day, following a restart as well as blackberry world kept having problems, and the email had a delay. Every email there after is absolutely fine. As is the rest of the phone.

Initial view is that this is hub related. I'll have to see tomorrow now whether it does it again.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 01:57 AM
    I'm not worried about how much memory free there is. The OS doesn't care in these days, and neither do I, that gets handled it is really is an obsession of the past.

If it persists I'll take it back, thing is, it has been so new that I haven't seen a pattern yet. It was just that when the OP posted this I thought...Yes I experienced that....I'll leave it for a while and see if I can spot a pattern when it is happening...
    You're kidding right? There is a reason they put a couple of gigs of ram on phones these days. Processing power alone is not enough to run/execute multiple threads, processes. Given all the phones concerned are same model, there should be no reason for one to be using half a gig more than other under same conditions. If that's happening, a background process is using both your memory and processing power where it shouldn't.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 02:03 AM
    It's been a week since I got my z10. I never restart my phone, and it still fast. bbm conversation sometimes need time to load, mine around 1-2 secs.
    03-25-13 02:50 AM
61 123