Hello

So basically I tried updating my z10 to the newest OS, and when I did that, it glitched up and I was unable to swipe/basically use the phone. So then what I did was backed it up then restored it to factory settings. Now when I try to restore the back up it prompts the message saying "unable to update not enough data space" but there is clearly 11G available plus a 4G memory card. Is it because the OS are different, as when I backed it up the OS was lower than the one I have now. What do I do, who do I contact???
    12-18-13 01:38 AM
    If your phone is still within warranty you van take it back to the ship that you hit the phone from, they will book it in for repair and it normally takes about a week to get your phone back, if they can't fix it they will just give you a refurbished handset instead. By the way was it the official updated OS it was it a leaked OS update? Cos if it was a leaked one you want be able to do a restore/backup and so lost all of my data, have you tried restore factory settings through BlackBerry Link? If not try that. Hope I've helped.

Posted via CB10
    zbblover likes this.
    12-18-13 01:58 AM
    Do it from the beginning again!
    When you install the latest OS make sure the BBlink is not active. Also, you may be cutting off the install before it has fully finished.. Make sure you go through the settings (set up) skip "WiFi" sign in to your BB ID, then you're ready to restore.with BB Link.

Keep in mind, when restoring.... DO NOT restore "SETTINGS" just media files and contacts/ calendar.

restoring older (system) settings to a newer OS will wreck havoc every time.
    zbblover likes this.
    12-18-13 05:36 AM
    Ok so I will restore to factory settings again, make sure I do that, skip set up wifi, then restore everything except settings. thanks so much guys, I will keep you posted if I figure it out.
    12-18-13 09:56 PM
    Hello

So basically I tried updating my z10 to the newest OS, and when I did that, it glitched up and I was unable to swipe/basically use the phone. So then what I did was backed it up then restored it to factory settings. Now when I try to restore the back up it prompts the message saying "unable to update not enough data space" but there is clearly 11G available plus a 4G memory card. Is it because the OS are different, as when I backed it up the OS was lower than the one I have now. What do I do, who do I contact???
    Loading an "older" OS backup to a newer one shouldn't be an issue, but if you'd like here's how to change the "version" of the backup file:

Step 1: MAKE A COPY OF THE BBB FILE FOR SAFEKEEPING!!!! Don't say i didn't warn you....
    Step 2: Right click the bbb file and click on "Rename", change the .bbb part to .zip, hit enter and say okay to the warning.
    ****If the icon for the backup doesn't change to a zipped folder icon, then you need to enable file extension editing, google it, it's easy.****
    Step 3: Unzip the file.
    Step 4: Within the newly created unzipped file, you'll see a manifext.xml, open it using the xml editor of your choice, notepad++ is great, or just notepad will work.
    Step 5: You'll want to edit the Platform tag
    Z10 Not Restoring after reboot to factory setting!-manifest.jpg
    to match the OS you have loaded and are trying to restore to. Save.
    Step 6: We now want to convert back to a bbb, close out of this folder and then right click it, send-to, compressed (zipped) folder.
    ***If this was a full backup, then go grab a pizza, it'll take awhile.***
    Step 7: Once done, same as before, right-click, rename and change it back to .bbb
    Step 8: That's it, it's now ready to restore onto your device.

Not sure if this is your problem, but if you're concerned about mismatched OS versions screwing up Link (impossible I know...) then give this a go and see if the restore works.

Best of luck to ya
    zbblover likes this.
    12-18-13 11:05 PM
    Loading an "older" OS backup to a newer one shouldn't be an issue, but if you'd like here's how to change the "version" of the backup file:
    Why would you reload old system files to a newer OS? That's why it's called an "UPDATE!"
    and you will most certainly have issues.

But, it's your device!
    zbblover likes this.
    12-18-13 11:40 PM
    Why would you reload old system files to a newer OS? That's why it's called an "UPDATE!"
    and you will most certainly have issues.

But, it's your device!
    Backup usually refers to the backup file, you know, the one that Link makes for you when you tell it to "back up my device". Who said anything about system files??
    zbblover likes this.
    12-18-13 11:48 PM