1. How long did you try it? 2. Did you go through all the Demonstrations on the Demo program (videos & tutorials)? 3. Did an AT&T rep help you in any way?
    03-24-13 07:15 PM
    1. How long did you try it? 2. Did you go through all the Demonstrations on the Demo program (videos & tutorials)? 3. Did an AT&T rep help you in any way?
    I toyed with it for a few minutes, however, my initial comment was not about the OS or utility of the phone but rather the physical appearance of the phone. Did not get or need assistance from a rep as I am usually more knowledgeable than they are in all regard.
    03-24-13 07:34 PM
    Funny how before some people said the Z10 looked just like an iPhone before it was released and now some say it is not as nice looking as the iPhone now that they know just how good the phone really is after release. Perhaps better than the iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tjseaman; 03-24-13 at 07:54 PM.
    03-24-13 07:35 PM
    A biatch? What kind of animal is that. Can you hunt it with a bow?
    No, but I bet you could use a fishing line...

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:42 PM
    I've been without a contract for a few months waiting on the Z10 and was able to get a feel for it at the AT&T store yesterday. Note that it was parked at the back of the store where as the iPhone is the 1st phone you see followed by Nokia and HTC. Anyways, I was not impressed with the physical look of the Z10 jut did not seem special in any way. Does anyone else feel this way? After playing with the Z10 on my way out of the store I looked closely at the iPhone 5 and I think had it have a bigger screen size I would have bought it.
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' ...... maybe a few more beers and it will look better
    03-24-13 07:43 PM
    I love the look of my z10, I get a lot of people asking me what phone I have...even more better is my red micro fiber pouch...always gets looks when I'm out and about here in London UK.

I've ordered a phantom Skinz red candy skin so it will look even more nicer.

One thing I have to say is the back cover is beautiful to hold. Out of all the phones I have owned including various iphones and android handsets, the z10 is much nicer to hold in my hand. No sharp corners like the iphone has.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:48 PM
    Z10 should copy front & back side from iphone. Iphone has nicer design. Its true.
    03-24-13 07:49 PM
    I totally agree with OP, but I love my z10 because of its lack of the bling factor. The last thing I need is someone reading my emails with me on a crowded train.
    03-24-13 07:54 PM
    I've been without a contract for a few months waiting on the Z10 and was able to get a feel for it at the AT&T store yesterday. Note that it was parked at the back of the store where as the iPhone is the 1st phone you see followed by Nokia and HTC. Anyways, I was not impressed with the physical look of the Z10 jut did not seem special in any way. Does anyone else feel this way? After playing with the Z10 on my way out of the store I looked closely at the iPhone 5 and I think had it have a bigger screen size I would have bought it.
    "and your screen size is all a girl could ever want" ... Rachelle Wilde's Blackberry 10 Preview - YouTube
    03-24-13 07:55 PM
    Z10 should copy front & back side from iphone. Iphone has nicer design. Its true.
    Yep brilliant that idea is, do that blackberry and watch how quick apple are to sue the pants off of them.

Thanks but no thanks, if I wanted a damn iphone I would have bought one. Same applies to any android handset including the new HTC one which looks like the z10 albeit made in aluminium.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:00 PM
    Yep brilliant that idea is, do that blackberry and watch how quick apple are to sue the pants off of them.

Thanks but no thanks, if I wanted a damn iphone I would have bought one. Same applies to any android handset including the new HTC one which looks like the z10 albeit made in aluminium.

Posted via CB10
    HTC One is what the Z10 should have been! HTC one plus Bb10 = heaven!!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 08:04 PM
    Since this is the first BB10 phone I didn't expect it to be the most fashionable phone, I expected it to be solid and functionally superior. It has to appeal to BlackBerry base as well as the fence jumpers that's tired of their current phone. This phones job is to make sure we want to get another one. I'm glad that BlackBerry put their money into the OS more than anything else. They can tweak the looks after they get OS better sorted, apps built up etc. Right now they need to concentrate on the experience first. If u could USE the Z10 for a couple hours you wouldn't look back. I know I haven't and won't.

Posted via CB10
    MichealBerry likes this.
    03-24-13 08:10 PM
    For me the z10 is the best looking phone out there. Every time i pull out the z10 in a crowd someone in the group comments about how slick my black z10 looks. Was at mobile kiosk today browsing the phones and none of the big names loom sharp at all imo. Just my 2 cents.
    shaleem likes this.
    03-24-13 08:10 PM
    Personally I think the iphone looks nice... but that's as far as it goes. having owned an iphone before the blackberry I can't count the number of times the phone has slide off my pants and hit the floor. Looks aren't everything but you learn this was you get older haha

Posted via CB10
    nycspaces. likes this.
    03-24-13 08:11 PM
    'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' ...... maybe a few more beers and it will look better
    Good idea, what do you recommend? My preference is Red Stripe.
    hindsketchup238 likes this.
    03-24-13 08:53 PM
    For me the z10 is the best looking phone out there. Every time i pull out the z10 in a crowd someone in the group comments about how slick my black z10 looks. Was at mobile kiosk today browsing the phones and none of the big names loom sharp at all imo. Just my 2 cents.
    Until the HTC One is released.. but I agree.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 09:06 PM
    Calling a mod here please : didn't we made a thread for this type of inquiry? Why this is still open after 8 hours?
    It's like surfing spams for the rest of the forum users.
    Op please understand that i have nothing against him and I'm not calling you a "Troll" or anything that childish, my complaint is that we have hundreds of posts like yours when one will suffice. And for people looking for improvements on the platform please note that we heard from the ceo himself in the recent interview with Kevin that his peoples are reading these posts from time to time. Making thinks easier for navigate through will must likely help bbry staffs to easily see what are the most requested features / updates....we have to back each other here. We already have a very competitive product but with such a lot more potential than what we see right now, why not given a little of yourself to help this experience to become what it meant to be? Let's go guys and gals , let's get on it so tomorrow her kids don't have two choices of smartphone to choose from!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 09:56 PM
    The anoalogy that comes to mind. I was going to get the Stanley branded hammer but I went with the generic because it has racing stripes.
    03-24-13 10:04 PM
    Good idea, what do you recommend? My preference is Red Stripe.
    I would go with a couple of Stone IPA. Or one of my favorites Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale.
    03-25-13 02:18 AM
    Calling a mod here please : didn't we made a thread for this type of inquiry? Why this is still open after 8 hours?
    It's like surfing spams for the rest of the forum users.
    Op please understand that i have nothing against him and I'm not calling you a "Troll" or anything that childish, my complaint is that we have hundreds of posts like yours when one will suffice. And for people looking for improvements on the platform please note that we heard from the ceo himself in the recent interview with Kevin that his peoples are reading these posts from time to time. Making thinks easier for navigate through will must likely help bbry staffs to easily see what are the most requested features / updates....we have to back each other here. We already have a very competitive product but with such a lot more potential than what we see right now, why not given a little of yourself to help this experience to become what it meant to be? Let's go guys and gals , let's get on it so tomorrow her kids don't have two choices of smartphone to choose from!

Posted via CB10
    Naw, the posting of this thread is just fine. I don't see it as surfing spam at all. But thanks for your opinion.
    03-25-13 02:23 AM
    I dont mind it but the top and bottom bezels are way too wide... And the glass feels so cheap for some reason
    03-25-13 02:49 AM
    That I'll agree with. The problem I have is that its only a 4.2 inch screen on a device that is as big as a GS3. A lot of wasted space IMO for not particularly useful features. I admit the HTC ONE has the two bars, but they're both big/loud speakers, which make them useful.
    03-25-13 03:02 AM
    You don't have to get one,...as this will leave a Z10 for someone that really 1)understands Blackberry,...2)understands BB10,...3)understands the Z10!. I've only had mine for 24 hours and without a doubt,..it's the best smartphone,...I'VE EVER OWNED! I've tested Droids,..nearly all of them,..and the iPhone (all of them) and without a doubt I know the "flow" is better! Everything has worked on my Z10 right out of the box,...meaning,...I'm smart enough to use the device and it's features.

Now,...here are some things I'd like in future OS updates;
    1) Enable a home screen "TAP" rhythm to lock the device. Notice I didn't say "pattern" lock,...the rhythm would be like,...morse code per se' and can only be used when one is at the home screen and apps minimized. This would be HOT!
    - Examples: TapTap Tap TapTap ; Tap TapTap Tap Tap ; TapTapTap TapTap Tap
    Naturally, this would be an "Option",...as one can still use the long press on/off to lock,...or restart!

2) Add a number to the Battery indicator,....1= 10%, 15= 15%, 2 = 20%, 25= 25%, 3=30%, etc.,....and 10= 100%
    3) Not an issue,...the chassis size is perfect,..I must say this. Throw a 4.5" screen into the same chassis,...and I'll shell out another $199!.
    4) I've yet to see less than 80% battery fuel left,...but I'd still want another 200,...300 mah more juice.
    5) Add model designation next to "Blackberry" logo,...we're proud of our BB Z10,...I want folks to see: ":::BlackBerry Z10" on the front panel.
    As for myself, I don't understand why at many of the dealers the people selling the phones don't encourage the Blackberry phones. They encourage the other big name Android phones. The others have an incredible amount of available software, which most is useless rubbish. None of the others come close for security as the Blackberry product.

The Blackberry product is a very well constructed high quality device that does a good job at what it was designed to do. It is very strong for email, business type work, and general communications. It also does a decent job at playing music and videos.

As for myself, I love the Z10. Its performance is very impressive.
    03-25-13 03:25 AM
    I thought the phone was ugly and bland when I first saw it on videos and pictures. Was waiting for the white version.

When I saw it at the store, my opinion changed. Absolutely. Then they turned it on, and my next thought was how to get it.

So....in short....I disagree.

That said, I am not impressed at all, not in the least, with the app situation. It is downright dismal.
    03-25-13 03:29 AM
    I love the look of my z10, I get a lot of people asking me what phone I have...even more better is my red micro fiber pouch...always gets looks when I'm out and about here in London UK.

I've ordered a phantom Skinz red candy skin so it will look even more nicer.

One thing I have to say is the back cover is beautiful to hold. Out of all the phones I have owned including various iphones and android handsets, the z10 is much nicer to hold in my hand. No sharp corners like the iphone has.

Posted via CB10
    I'm interested in that microfiber pouch. Do you have a link or a picture?
    03-25-13 06:49 AM
120 12345