I've been without a contract for a few months waiting on the Z10 and was able to get a feel for it at the AT&T store yesterday. Note that it was parked at the back of the store where as the iPhone is the 1st phone you see followed by Nokia and HTC. Anyways, I was not impressed with the physical look of the Z10 jut did not seem special in any way. Does anyone else feel this way? After playing with the Z10 on my way out of the store I looked closely at the iPhone 5 and I think had it have a bigger screen size I would have bought it.
    03-24-13 01:37 PM
    LOL

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:39 PM
    Personal preference. The iPhone is sharp looking stylish, but in your hand feels like a tonka toy. Too light IMO and just feels... I can't even describe it, but I don't like it.

I find the Z10 to feel better in the hand and still looks great doing it. Definitely more aesthetically pleasing than any Samsung device currently (or soon to be) offered (my preference/opinion of course).
    SamWilli likes this.
    03-24-13 01:40 PM
    Personally I like the look of the Z10, again, its personal, because how something looks is subjective anyway. Theres no right or wrong in physical looks.
    chm985, BernFlo and maddie1128 like this.
    03-24-13 01:41 PM
    You're opinion is as valid as ours, they are just... very different.
    03-24-13 01:42 PM
    Nah. It's one of the better looking phones right now, only rivaled by I phone in it's visual presentation.

Many were complaining about its physical similarities to the I phone, but the look is distinctly blackberry. The rubbery back is pleasant and the dimensions are perfect imo.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy ZED10
    03-24-13 01:44 PM
    This phone looks and feels great. Spending 2 minutes on the z10 in the store is nor enough time...

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:47 PM
    So why didn't you buy the iphone 4s... Its the same phone as the I5 with a larger screen

I think your referring to the bling factor anyways. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ap-2-a-786026/
    mrzeolite likes this.
    03-24-13 01:47 PM
    ...but in your hand feels like a tonka toy. Too light IMO and just feels... I can't even describe it....
    I can. CHEAP.
    sgt_snacks-64 and Hassan Hbk like this.
    03-24-13 01:48 PM
    Hey that's why they make different devices, so EVERYONE can choose the one they want! If the Z10 doesn't work for you, I'm sure there is a device that will appease your desire

Good Luck!
    Abrante and Hassan Hbk like this.
    03-24-13 01:49 PM
    You're opinion is as valid as ours, they are just... very different.
    exactly

personally i love the look of the Z10 over the iPhone, thing is most people throw it in a case so the look is a point that really is over rated at the end of the day, but its the look and feel of the interface that should be what sells you more and the Z10 with its physical style and its interface style have an underated appeal to them which is what a BB has always been, its got this underrated look to it, their man functions are usability and comfort not bling
    03-24-13 01:53 PM
    exactly

personally i love the look of the Z10 over the iPhone, thing is most people throw it in a case so the look is a point that really is over rated at the end of the day, but its the look and feel of the interface that should be what sells you more and the Z10 with its physical style and its interface style have an underated appeal to them which is what a BB has always been, its got this underrated look to it, their man functions are usability and comfort not bling
    I like the iPhone's look. I mean, the back of the device is lovely. Take that Apple out and it looks just like the front of a Z10!
    Abrante and raremage like this.
    03-24-13 01:55 PM
    You wont appreaciate it till you actually own one.. i noticed that this device needs to grow in you.. next thing you know.. u just keep on swiping up and sides with the iphone and s3..

Posted via CB10
    Chizomnobi and movingteus like this.
    03-24-13 01:59 PM
    Exactly, well said.

Posted via CB10
    Abrante likes this.
    03-24-13 01:59 PM
    I've been without a contract for a few months waiting on the Z10 and was able to get a feel for it at the AT&T store yesterday. Note that it was parked at the back of the store where as the iPhone is the 1st phone you see followed by Nokia and HTC. Anyways, I was not impressed with the physical look of the Z10 jut did not seem special in any way. Does anyone else feel this way? After playing with the Z10 on my way out of the store I looked closely at the iPhone 5 and I think had it have a bigger screen size I would have bought it.
    The best looking girl in grade 12 was a biatch.. Nice to look at, but you wouldn't want to spend anytime with her. I really like spending time with my Z10 and nice to look at too.
    03-24-13 02:01 PM
    I like the iPhone's look. I mean, the back of the device is lovely. Take that Apple out and it looks just like the front of a Z10!
    i'm not denying that at all, its true and like i said evereyone has their own opinion and style and i hate covering up my Z10 as i feel it is a beautiful design, i can't wait till i get my poetic atmosphere case so it is somewhat see through and you can see some of the Z10s styling
    03-24-13 02:02 PM
    The best looking girl in grade 12 was a biatch.. Nice to look at, but you wouldn't want to spend anytime with her. I really like spending time with my Z10 and nice to look at too.
    i would want to spend time with her, but i'd want to spend time with her T&A not on a personal level :P

just saying
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-24-13 02:03 PM
    Iphone looks like a toy next to the Z10.
    seacan2 likes this.
    03-24-13 02:05 PM
    03-24-13 02:07 PM
    Real looker is going to be the HTC One, it sort of hit where Z10 missed on a few key design elements. I think the Z10 is ok, but the extra horizontal frame on the top and bottom of the screen is a distraction when compared with the HTC and i like the retro look of the HTC speaker and ear piece grills, I never understand why designers hide this feature. I always see users blocking their mic when on speaker phone because they don't even know where the mic pick-up is.

In a beauty contest i would rate HTC One / iPhone 4 / S4 / iPhone 5 / Note (Note2 is just too cheesy big) / Z10 / Google Nexus

The real killer would have been TK Victory rendering pre Q10.... maybe a Q11?

Don't by a phone on looks alone, there is so much other minutia to agonize over >;-)
    Last edited by nycspaces.; 03-24-13 at 02:18 PM. Reason: forgot about the S4
    03-24-13 02:13 PM
    You don't have to get one,...as this will leave a Z10 for someone that really 1)understands Blackberry,...2)understands BB10,...3)understands the Z10!. I've only had mine for 24 hours and without a doubt,..it's the best smartphone,...I'VE EVER OWNED! I've tested Droids,..nearly all of them,..and the iPhone (all of them) and without a doubt I know the "flow" is better! Everything has worked on my Z10 right out of the box,...meaning,...I'm smart enough to use the device and it's features.

Now,...here are some things I'd like in future OS updates;
    1) Enable a home screen "TAP" rhythm to lock the device. Notice I didn't say "pattern" lock,...the rhythm would be like,...morse code per se' and can only be used when one is at the home screen and apps minimized. This would be HOT!
    - Examples: TapTap Tap TapTap ; Tap TapTap Tap Tap ; TapTapTap TapTap Tap
    Naturally, this would be an "Option",...as one can still use the long press on/off to lock,...or restart!

2) Add a number to the Battery indicator,....1= 10%, 15= 15%, 2 = 20%, 25= 25%, 3=30%, etc.,....and 10= 100%
    3) Not an issue,...the chassis size is perfect,..I must say this. Throw a 4.5" screen into the same chassis,...and I'll shell out another $199!.
    4) I've yet to see less than 80% battery fuel left,...but I'd still want another 200,...300 mah more juice.
    5) Add model designation next to "Blackberry" logo,...we're proud of our BB Z10,...I want folks to see: ":::BlackBerry Z10" on the front panel.
    i'm not denying that at all, its true and like i said evereyone has their own opinion and style and i hate covering up my Z10 as i feel it is a beautiful design, i can't wait till i get my poetic atmosphere case so it is somewhat see through and you can see some of the Z10s styling
    All I was saying is hehe, that bashing the Z10 based on its looks and then saying the iPhone has it better when they have that much in common in design language seems a bit off to me...

You brought up another valid point though. How to protect the device without messing up with the design. That case seems like a good idea!
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-24-13 at 02:29 PM.
    I also notices that my old flip phone had a bigger screen size than the Z10 and a higher screen resolution. What were they thinking????

crazeee4u likes this.
    03-24-13 02:18 PM
    Well looks will always be subjective. That being said, just bought the wife a new Z10, and can't put it down. Being able to check the hub, is in itself, a major innovation. It is truly a pleasurable and unique mobile experience. I sure hope people will give it a real chance and not dismiss it because of negative media or past biases. It may not be for everyone but for those that are open minded, a real find. Good luck to everyone..
    03-24-13 02:30 PM
    Yes, go ahead and get iphone. You deserve it. It would be so much better for you to play Angry Birds and do your instagramming. I will, however, continue enjoying my "inferior " and "unimpressive" Z10 which I love to death.

Posted via CB10
    seacan2 and adjdudley21 like this.
    03-24-13 02:33 PM
120 123 ...