Last night about 6pm was when I noticed that BB World was not opening on my Z10. Shortly after I left my phone plugged into my computer to charge while I left for the evening. I got back and found that the phone had not charged. The computer would not recognize my Z10 when it was plugged in either through my computer or through Blackberry Link. The phone shows a red exclamation mark on the battery icon in the top LH corner when plugged in to the computer. I am using a BB usb cable. I can charge my phone when plugged in to a wall outlet thankfully. I have tried on 2 different computers with the same result and have restrated my phone regularly and done a battery pull. I know there are a few others having this problem and posted the problem on Blackberry's support forums.

Anyone have any knowledge of this, having it happen to them, or perhaps gotten it to work somehow?
    04-18-13 12:42 PM
    This exact thing happened to me last night. BB World is still not working, but there is a workaround for that. Open the Music app and navigate to BB World from there. Then go to settings then press back and you can access all the normal features.

For the battery thing... I'm not sure why it is doing that, but mine was doing the same thing. I'm just going to guess you tested out 10.1, because I did that and that's how all my problems began. Try uninstalling BlackBerry Link and the BlackBerry Device Manager. Then reinstall BB Link using the web download (found here: BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - Canada). After it is setup, plug in your phone. If it recognizes it, good, otherwise, the computer is going to detect the phone as a disk drive trying to install BB Link.

Don't run it. Instead choose the option "Open files in Explorer" and navigate to the Drivers folder. There will be a 37MB file here called BlackBerry Device Manager (The thing you previously uninstalled), run this.

Afterwards your computer should detect the Z10 and map the drives (SD and Internal Storage). BB Link still isn't recognizing my device, but I think a reboot of my computer will fix that. Good luck! PS: This also fixes the battery thing.
    theSteve and chrispdm1 like this.
    04-18-13 12:51 PM
    Not knowing the OS on your computer I would think the issue is based on your computer not recognizing your phone. I am on Windows 7 and sometimes it takes a minute or two for my computer to acknowledge my phone being connected. Similar problem to connecting a new camera without installing the driver first. Once the computer recognizes the phone you should not have a problem charging.
    04-18-13 12:53 PM
    No I Didn't test out 10.1 thought about it and figured there was very little to be gained from loading the dev os and lots of problems that could happen.

I have BlackBerry world working normally since this morning after doing the music workaround.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:53 PM
    I've had phone connected for hours to both a vista and a 7 pc

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:54 PM
    Well try my solution anyway. I think it has to do with the drivers not being installed correctly. As I said, doing this worked for me when I was having your exact issue.
    04-18-13 12:57 PM
    Some USB ports don't have enough juice to charge smartphones/tablets. It has nothing to do with the Z10. Even Apple tells you to charge with a higher powered USB port.

iPad: Charging the battery

On some older PC's, you may find that the front USB ports don't have enough juice --- but the back USB ports do.
    04-18-13 01:00 PM
    Some USB ports don't have enough juice to charge smartphones/tablets. It has nothing to do with the Z10. Even Apple tells you to charge with a higher powered USB port.

iPad: Charging the battery

On some older PC's, you may find that the front USB ports don't have enough juice --- but the back USB ports do.
    +1

A standard usb port only puts out 0.5 mAh while it appears the Z10 needs at least 0.7 mAh. I have an older oem BlackBerry charger that only outputs 0.5 mAh and it does not charge my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:05 PM
    +1

A standard usb port only puts out 0.5 mAh while it appears the Z10 needs at least 0.7 mAh. I have an older oem BlackBerry charger that only outputs 0.5 mAh and it does not charge my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    The thing is OP said (or at least implied) it worked previously. Mine also worked previously then stopped last night, but after I reinstalled everything it works again.
    04-18-13 01:08 PM
    I realize that usb ports don't put out much power, but my computers do not recognize it at all, the desktop software does not recognize it, and they are supposed to... right? I am going to try un installing link and re doing that here at home

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 01:26 PM
    Did your computer go into sleep mode ? Mine will only recharge when Link is open and the computer is NOT in sleep. It takes forever, but is better than nothing.
    04-18-13 01:33 PM
    So after uninstalling link, my phone connects, the computer recognizes it and it will charge. Just currently downloading link again.
    04-18-13 01:38 PM
    I use only the direct motherboard USB port for my phone charge/link cable (on both computers)
    04-18-13 01:41 PM
    THanks, ddddafadf The reinstall of Link worked, can't figure out why it decided to stop working yesterday though.
    04-18-13 01:54 PM
    THanks, ddddafadf The reinstall of Link worked, can't figure out why it decided to stop working yesterday though.
    No problem! It's weird too because mine stopped working yesterday as well. I'm glad everything is working again!
    04-18-13 01:55 PM
    having the same problem going to reinstall link now
    05-01-13 10:20 AM
    Ok in installed but still showing red line around battery any suggestions

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:43 AM
    Well my pc still not recognizing the Z10 so if anyone can think of anything different please let me know
    05-01-13 11:09 AM
    Well my pc still not recognizing the Z10 so if anyone can think of anything different please let me know
    Is it just that computer or have you tried on a different computer?
    05-11-13 12:52 AM
    No USB hub involved, right? Direct USB into the computer?

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.1.0.1762)
    05-11-13 12:59 AM
    I recently updated the OS to 10.2.0.1047 and noticed a couple of things:

1. Battery drain was much faster then the previous OS 10.1
    2. Z10 was not able to charge through the laptop as it did before
    3. Screen lockout time was not functioning even at 3min or 5min it would lockout in 3sec

Any ideas on how to resolve the above? Is there a newer OS release for the STL100-1?
    08-11-13 09:44 PM
    I had the same issue just now, fixed it by going to Settings -> Storage and Access -> setting USB connection to AutoDetect
    10-26-13 11:59 AM