i've been told by someone that the Z10 will not be offered to him when his organization moves to BES 12 (or 10 or whatever).

the reason is that the Z10 is/will be discontinued in the very near future. it kinda sucks because the only option he now has for full touch is iphone 5S and galaxy S5. he was already leaning towards an iphone (he's currently on a bold 9780) and i was trying to convince him that Z10 was the way to go and how BB10 is light years better than BBOS. he really wanted full screen. now his option is q5 or q10.

end of life for z10
    06-18-14 02:21 PM
    no z30 ?

and its not discontinued yet btw
    06-18-14 02:23 PM
    By the time BES12 comes online the Z10 will be VERY old in cellphone years. I can't see too many companies wanting to bring a 20 month old devices into their line up for just a few months, for that matter the Z30 will be a year old....

Really question BlackBerry product lineup as we understand it to be.... if BES12 is really going to be the turning point this Fall, they need to have a new flagship all touch device in the line up to go along with the Classic and Windermere.

They really need a Z3 with LTE ($150), and then another Z10 with newer specs ($399) and then another Z30 (maybe that will be the Manitoba) with newer specs ($499). But they'll add $100+ to each of my prices.....

What I don't understand is the deals that Carriers give corporate accounts these day. Five years ago most companies offered the BB CURVE... maybe if you were imporatnt you got a BOLD. But today if you want the iPhone 5S or the Galaxy 5... no problem. Are the manufacture's or carrier's given that much of a discount, or have companies just upped their purchasing allowance on smartphones?
    06-18-14 02:56 PM
    my point was that blackberry is not providing the z10. it's not that this company doesn't want it. they seem to be going with blackberry's recommendation.

the z30 is off the table due to cost.

i know there's been chatter here about end of life/ discontinued support of first gen bb10 phones.

maybe this talk stems from blackberry themselves no longer trying to sell these phones to their enterprise customers.
    06-18-14 07:47 PM
    my point was that blackberry is not providing the z10. it's not that this company doesn't want it. they seem to be going with blackberry's recommendation.

the z30 is off the table due to cost.

i know there's been chatter here about end of life/ discontinued support of first gen bb10 phones.

maybe this talk stems from blackberry themselves no longer trying to sell these phones to their enterprise customers.
    No Z30 due to cost, but the S5 and the 5s are both offered? I smell a fish.

Posted via CB10
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    06-18-14 08:42 PM
    No Z30 due to cost, but the S5 and the 5s are both offered? I smell a fish.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah...both the S5 and the 5S cost significantly more than the z30.... that's foul play!

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    Blomsternisse and niss63 like this.
    06-18-14 11:13 PM