Hi to all

I've just had a major update of Windows 10 to my laptop, which fully completed yesterday. I've noticed immediately, at the first time of trying, that I can no longer connect my Z10 (via USB) to my PC at all.

When you connected the Z10 to the laptop, it would pop up a side-window confirming that it had been connected, and stated something like "mapping the drives" or words to that effect, and the BB would then show as two extra drives (phone memory and SD card) in Windows Explorer. This no longer happens.

Worse, when running BB Link, when connected via USB, the phone will not show in the software and you can no longer sync calendar / contact entries, nor will it sync photos and videos etc. BB Link simply treats it as though the handset just wasn't there.

I can see that the BB device appears to be showing in Win10 device manager ok. Even more confusing, to see if I could make some progress, I started BB Blend and this worked fine (again connected via USB) - so this just doesn't make sense to me at all.

In summary - Blend works. Link and Windows Explorer simply don't see the device at all. What can I do to restore things as syncing my contacts / calendar is pretty crucial to me!

Many thanks for any responses.

PS - current build for Win10 is 15063.332
    Last edited by rjsdavis; 06-06-17 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added info
    06-06-17 07:20 PM
    BlackBerry Link and Windows 10 does not play nicely. Officially, Link isn't even supported on Windows 10, though, technically it can work.

https://crackberry.com/fyi-blackberr...-or-windows-10

I don't have any recent experience with Windows 10 and getting Link working, so I'll leave that for someone else to answer but yeah, lots of hassle.
    06-06-17 08:42 PM
    I appear to have resolved this issue now. Solution:

1 - Completely uninstalled BB Link / Blend and drivers.
    2 - Downloaded latest BB 10 Desktop Software from here: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...5C7D7B210455DE

3 - Rebooted PC
    4 - Reinstalled the freshly downloaded BB 10 Desktop software
    5 - Connected Z10 to PC via USB

Straightaway, it started to be behave relatively normally, with the Win 10 side-popup confirming that the Z10 had been connected, and immediately asked for the handset PIN. After starting BB Link, it immediately asked for the Z10 PIN with the larger black window, and then started the sequence for adding a new handset to BB Link.

I had to reconfigure how BB Link communicates with Outlook for contact and diary information, and it's just sync'ing right now.

Can't imagine why the recent major Win 10 update interfered with how BB Link was communicating with my Z10, and it's pretty irritating to have to do this to restore it, but at least it's restored...
    06-07-17 05:38 AM