Hello everyone, I was just wondering, has anyone bought a battery for the Z10 from amazon. Is it an original battery, because the prices are very low and I am unsure whether or not its an original battery or not. On amazon they are less than 10$, here and on blackberry's official website they are like 30$ and more...?

Thank you
    02-11-16 10:08 AM
    If peace of mind is important to you then the $30 battery from BlackBerry is your choice. I've bought batteries from other sources (Ebay, Amazon), and they worked perfectly fine.

From my Tower of Power Q5
    02-11-16 11:30 AM
    I would say most of the ones I saw on there are OEM batteries.

The Z10 is a EOL device, so not much of a reason to hold on to accessories at this point. For $7 you can get the Battery with the Charger Bundle
    Conan69 likes this.
    02-11-16 11:36 AM
    Yes, that's what I noticed too...and the bundle on blackberry's official website is 50$...that's why I became suspicious.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 11:39 AM
    I would buy this battery all day. From Amazon.ca just using it as an example.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B00BTFP...UvbUpU12260182

02-11-16 11:41 AM
    They have the same on the U.S. one too. Even with the bundle it's 7$..insane, I'd buy 5 hahah

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 11:44 AM
    They have the same on the U.S. one too. Even with the bundle it's 7$..insane, I'd buy 5 hahah

Posted via CB10
    Like what was said before the Z10 is EOL and 3 years old. Accessories are getting dirt cheap. Except if you buy from BlackBerry of course .

Earl Sargent likes this.
    02-11-16 12:06 PM
    I bought the Link Dream 3.7V 2500 MhA through Amazon and works perfect, last longer than the original one that is ****, sorry it sucks...

Posted via CB10
    Sulaco757 likes this.
    02-11-16 02:17 PM
    Can anyone tell me how the bundle works exactly? Does it charge through the spare battery or does it also have an integrated battery too? Because my battery is 3 years old and I put the new one in and use this old one to charge my phone then that wouldn't be much of a charging haha

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 04:43 PM
    Can anyone tell me how the bundle works exactly? Does it charge through the spare battery or does it also have an integrated battery too? Because my battery is 3 years old and I put the new one in and use this old one to charge my phone then that wouldn't be much of a charging haha

Posted via CB10
    The charging bundle comes with the charging compartment and extra battery although I think you can buy the charger separately from Ebay or Amazon. So you plug your microUSB cable into the charger which charges your spare battery, then plug in the attached microUSB cable (found on the charger) into your phone. This way you can charge 2 batteries at the same time. I have it and it works very well.

Earl Sargent likes this.
    02-12-16 08:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    I like the charger bundle as a way to charge the extra battery at the same time as the phone - I've always used my PlayBook Charger.

But I don't like using it as a battery pack, seem to lose 30% in the charging process. I just swap the batteries out.

If you want a spare battery it's a great choice.... if you want a backup power supply you can find ones with much more capacity.
    02-12-16 10:17 AM
    I purchased an OEM sealed z10 battery and a charger bundle from Amazon shortly after buying my ShopBB clearance z10. All three batteries are still working well and it's best to check out the seller's background before you buy.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    02-13-16 01:14 PM
    Yes, I did the same thing. Can't wait to see the new battery life, this one is three years old and lasts about 5 hours.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 11:43 AM
    Johnny dollar I need your help, ,its almost 18 months now, ,my battery is giving issue, ,once it get drain off,,its don't get charge soon,,indicator shows false percentage, ,,,I gave bought new original charger but still problem is there, ,should I buy a battery or give phone to service centre........Ajay from India

Posted via CB10
    02-16-16 08:41 PM
    First question you need to ask yourself is why is my battery draining so fast? You might have battery calibration issues too. Are you running a lot of Android apps? If so, are these apps running in the background draining your battery? Have you looked at the Device Monitor on your phone to see what systems are draining the battery..the screen? ..system?.. particular app(s)? Etc.

I would uninstall every Android app then reinstall one at a time to see if any one android app is causing the problem. Do you have a task killer app installed that kills Android apps from running when not being used? Look for these in the amazon app store. Also look at reinstalling the OS if you have more time and patience.

So if you tried all of the above ^ and your battery is still draining, then yes replace the battery.

Lots of work for you to do! Good luck.

02-16-16 09:23 PM
    I use a

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 01:28 PM
    Sorry bout that, I use a cheapo gold 3.8 battery from China through Ebay and get about 6 hours normal use. Charge with my PlayBook charger which is pretty fast, so no real problems with battery life!
    Getting a Passport in a couple of weeks so looking forward to going out without a charger!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 01:35 PM
    I bought the battery + charger bundle from Crackberry a couple of months ago, when it was 25$ (CAN). Great battery ( legit BlackBerry product) the charger is nice too. My old battery was only giving me 3-4 hours so I had to change. This new one is great though, 6-8 hours easy, with a lot of browsing and video viewing.

Don't by crappy battery, IMO, you want it to last, pay a couple bucks more and you won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 12:01 PM