The connectivity of the Z10 is just amazing.
    You have the external SD option. The integrated cloud storage options. Wire tethering options.
    I just discover its network wifi capability. Turn it on, and boom, you have a network drive that you can access the SD and internal memory storage wirelessly from any computer or laptop within range of your wifi network.
    Getting the files out and it of Z10 is just effortless.

Z10 As Network Drive-img_00000017.jpg
    Last edited by homl; 03-16-13 at 01:48 PM.
    03-16-13 01:36 PM
    Yeah that's right... Works perfekt for me....
    03-16-13 01:39 PM
    Loved this feature on the Playbook.. equally loving it on the Z10!
    Not gimmicky and extremely useful/overlooked
    03-16-13 02:20 PM
    How do pic files render as an external drive. On the GS3, there is no thumbnail preview of pix. You need to use Kies to see thumbnail pic previews. I freakin HATE that. I'm a contractor and take pics of "things" and often need to email them off w/other attachments. It's a PITA to "get'er done" on a GS3.
    I really need to be able to plug my phone in and see whats on my sd card. Is this doable on the Z10????
    03-16-13 02:33 PM
    How do pic files render as an external drive. On the GS3, there is no thumbnail preview of pix. You need to use Kies to see thumbnail pic previews. I freakin HATE that. I'm a contractor and take pics of "things" and often need to email them off w/other attachments. It's a PITA to "get'er done" on a GS3.
    I really need to be able to plug my phone in and see whats on my sd card. Is this doable on the Z10????
    With Windows Explorer, the files are access just as any file on the computer, various list types or thumbnail preview sizes.
    03-16-13 02:46 PM
    Yup, I love this feature. I have an overnight sync running that does a backup of the phone's storage via WiFi. It's awesome to be able to mount my Z10 as a network drive, then save movies, music, etc to a local drive letter and have it show up on my phone. Woho!
    03-16-13 02:47 PM
    With Windows Explorer, the files are access just as any file on the computer, various list types or thumbnail preview sizes.
    Thanks....ON the GS3, you can see all the files, but no thumbnail preview, so you can't find a specific pic. For whatever reason, droid doesn't make thumbnails a pic preview, it a weird default icon in place of the preview. It not till you drag the pix off into a file do you see the preview....or open the sd card in kies
    03-16-13 03:03 PM
    It shows up as if you're navigating through any other area of your pc.. thumbnails and all. If someone looked at it without knowing the directory they wouldn't guess you're accessing your device's internal/sdcard storage via network.

The playbook and Z10 both use the Samba (smb) standard drive for the network feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-13 03:06 PM