I am on leak 1925, side loaded Snap with chrome extension. My question I have tried to use another browser like chrome, Firefox and Puffin. After downloading and installing them, they all crash. So does the BB10 get upset when other browser try to come on their turf?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    01-27-14 05:43 PM
    Nope, those apps just aren't supported. You know, just like the disclaimer states when you install them. Not all Android apps are compatible.
    01-27-14 05:45 PM
    I mean the Native browser is fine, I guess I just want to greedy with all the apps.

Z10 STL100-3 >>>>>>>>Leaks 1055, 1259, 1925
    01-27-14 05:54 PM
    You could try Next browser, I know that one works for sure

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 05:57 PM
    Next browser works great!!! Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 01:52 AM
    There's much I like about the native browser. Does many things well.

But there are a few things that drive me cuckoo.

For example, when you have your bookmarks displayed in a tab and then open a bookmark in a new tab, when you then go back to the tab that had the bookmarks in it - they are gone. The tab now displays what was there before! Argh! lol. Would be so much better if the bookmarks remained, so that you could open a series of bookmarks in separate tabs. Better yet, allow the bookmarks to be displayed on the left hand side and swipe to reveal them or hide them. Like the Hub always being there, let the bookmarks (and history) always be available too.

I found this post because I was going to install Puffin. I had tried FF and Opera to no avail. Sorry to see that Puffin wont' work either. I shall try Next as recommended in the thread.
    02-01-14 10:31 PM
    Opera mini works fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:39 AM
    Firefox v23 works, 24+ doesn't
    +1 for next browser tho, Firefox is slow
    02-02-14 12:41 AM
    Dolphin browser work also.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 12:47 AM
    I used to use Opera mini. My beef now is the default search engine is Bing, nothing against it, but i prefer Google. Haven't found a way to switch that.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 09:51 AM
    I installed opera mobile off the amazon app store and it works without any issues, although it is a bit slower than the native one

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 11:14 AM
    I installed opera mobile off the amazon app store and it works without any issues, although it is a bit slower than the native one

Posted via CB10
    What features (if any) make it preferable to the native browser?
    02-02-14 02:08 PM
    I used to use Opera mini. My beef now is the default search engine is Bing, nothing against it, but i prefer Google. Haven't found a way to switch that.

Posted via CB10
    Start typing something into the native browser's url/search text box. You'll see an icon appear in the upper-right area of the screen that shows Bing by default. Just select google or yahoo from the dropdown to change the default search engine.
    tmf06 likes this.
    02-02-14 02:13 PM
    I'm curious as to why some would bother with installing a different browser given how good the native one is. What benefit is there with other browsers?

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 and vaughn8107 like this.
    02-02-14 02:19 PM
    I'm curious as to why some would bother with installing a different browser given how good the native one is. What benefit is there with other browsers?

Posted via CB10
    Menus meant to open when you hover your mouse over them don't work on the native browser, but they do on next browser, for example http://silvergoldbull.com/ (tap the gold or silver tabs at the top). That and the native browser doesn't (can't remember the actual term) rescale/fit text on zoom. Those are 2 of my biggest annoyances.

Also certain websites alienate BlackBerry, so they only show the good mobile versions to browsers that present an android or ios user agent. For example, worldstarhiphop and even the google search result page
    02-02-14 03:06 PM
    Those tabs are supposed to be drop down? I have noticed when using smartphones or tablets that almost always I have problems with drop down menus. I have just always chalked that up to the limitations of using a mobile device, but these other browsers can handle those situations better?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 04:07 PM
    Those tabs are supposed to be drop down? I have noticed when using smartphones or tablets that almost always I have problems with drop down menus. I have just always chalked that up to the limitations of using a mobile device, but these other browsers can handle those situations better?

Posted via CB10
    Yep. They even work on bbos 7 (obviously they work if you use the track pad, but they also work using the touch screen)
    02-02-14 04:11 PM
    Cool...good to know...I just tend to stay away from problem sites, or wait until I can get on a desktop. But if someone needs to use those sites, it's good to have options.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 04:48 PM
    Cool...good to know...I just tend to stay away from problem sites, or wait until I can get on a desktop. But if someone needs to use those sites, it's good to have options.

Posted via CB10
    Yep.. although I'd prefer the native browser fix those issues (zoom/text wrapping and hover menus) and add a feature to switch the user agent (the feature is already there: desktop mode.. just needs an option for custom user agent) so I don't have to use alternates.

Html5 scores aren't everything. I'd also like an option to change tab behavior. In next, it is an addition to the option menu called "open in background tab", in Firefox for pc it is called "when I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately".

I also don't like that I can't delete my cookies separately from my cache.
    02-02-14 07:16 PM