I've transferred a ton of music to my SD card from my iTunes library. Is there any way to consolidate albums without making a play list. A bunch of the compilations that came over (all one album but different artists) are showing up as multiple albums in the albums view. Very annoying!

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 05:03 PM
    I think if they show up as one album in iTunes they show up as one album in z10, don't they?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    03-10-13 05:08 PM
    Not in my case I'll post a pic when I get home. For some reason the attach pic won't work

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 06:02 PM
    I think if they show up as one album in iTunes they show up as one album in z10, don't they?

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    Here is a screen shot. I went through the different icons and it looks like they are seperated by artists. I have a huge music library mostly
    most from CD's and purchased music in iTunes...I hope there is a fix for this.

Z10 Music Library Organization-z10-media-libray-issue.jpg
    03-10-13 07:20 PM
    I'm having the same issue with some of the compilation albums. They're one album in iTunes, and multiple albums in my library here, each with a single track. I've tried deleting and re-syncing, but they come over the same way again.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:23 PM
    Try syncing through windows media player

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:26 PM
    It would appear you might be missing some ID3 tags there - I have a few thousand songs on my Z10 and they all sorted into their respective albums without issue.

If you look at them all in Windows explorer - view the details - do the "title", "album" and other information columns populate?

For example, in this screen shot - you'll notice the title, album and artist info is missing for two songs by "The Neighbourhood". Those two songs get lumped into their own category and don't show up under the proper album when I sort them all - because those tags are missing. I'm wondering if your tags are missing, or mis-labelled.

Z10 Music Library Organization-mp3_details.png
    der_mit likes this.
    03-10-13 08:35 PM
    Yep, what wxmancanada said is correct
    03-10-13 08:42 PM
    I've transferred a ton of music to my SD card from my iTunes library. Is there any way to consolidate albums without making a play list. A bunch of the compilations that came over (all one album but different artists) are showing up as multiple albums in the albums view. Very annoying!

Posted via CB10
    Ever use a Meta Tag Editor?

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

This is not for the faint of heart and you'll need a lot of time.

I started with 524 Albums - 6460 songs.

I started ripping all my Albums using Windows Media and didn't pay attention. Compilations (Greatest Hits/ Best ofs, etc) were all throw into the same folders.

When using the Windows Media Player Menu, songs were then sorted by Album, Artist, Genre, etc. If different Artists/Band appeared in a certain Album (lets say Eric Clapton - Crossroads - 4 disc set) they would be sorted again.

Still with me?

First, I used my pc to separate all the Albums and then renamed the Album to include the name of the Band. (instead of Greatest Hits of the Eagles, changed it to Eagles - Greatest Hits of)

Then used the Meta Tag Editor, to further edit it again to reflect how I wanted the songs to sort. You can re-tag a whole album at once.

Lots and lots of work but worth it in the end.

Hope that helps and good luck.

And whatwxmancanada said up there but didn't see it cause I was typing my long winded response.
    wxmancanada likes this.
    03-10-13 08:51 PM
    I've got approx 3500 songs on my Z10. My 64gig iPod is now a very expensive alarm clock and is permanently docked.
    I've synced using Link, and using explorer dragging and dropping album folders when the Z10 is mapped as a storage and the SDcard as storage. Doesn't make any difference which way I do it. They still come over as multiple albums with single tracks.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 08:54 PM
    Also another problem with the compilations is where they're too lazy to give you the Artist and Album Artist as the same person and just use Various Artists as you see below.

Haven't edited those yet. Need more beer.

Z10 Music Library Organization-mt-editor.jpg
    03-10-13 09:07 PM
    You'll need to fix the album associations in iTunes then sync.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 09:40 PM
    i set "Album Artist" to "Various Artists" in the compilation album, Artist are all different in the Compilation Album. Copied to sdcard, and works. Compilation album is shown as one album with different artists. And all the Artists are shown correct.
    04-01-13 01:02 AM
    I too am having this same issue. All of my tags are correct. I have set the "Album Artist" to be the same for a compilation album but kept all of the different "Artist" tags for each song in the album. I then used Link to sync my music and the issue is still there. I still go to sort by "Album" and it breaks the Albums up by artist, regardless of what I have done to the "Album Artist" tag.

Has anyone more recently come across this issue or a solution?

Thank you.
    05-08-13 11:59 PM
    I too am having this same issue. All of my tags are correct. I have set the "Album Artist" to be the same for a compilation album but kept all of the different "Artist" tags for each song in the album. I then used Link to sync my music and the issue is still there. I still go to sort by "Album" and it breaks the Albums up by artist, regardless of what I have done to the "Album Artist" tag.

Has anyone more recently come across this issue or a solution?

Thank you.
    The music player is pretty ******* annoying to use. Not so much from the playback aspect, but in terms of finding songs, syncing songs, and organizing songs. I shouldn't have to re-tag my entire library. The hell? my previous iphone had no issues whatsoever with this. I refuse to believe that providing a media player with universal tag recognition and simple fast forward and rewind capabilities, as well as just a songs tab, is that difficult...
    05-09-13 12:05 AM
    The music player is pretty ******* annoying to use. Not so much from the playback aspect, but in terms of finding songs, syncing songs, and organizing songs. I shouldn't have to re-tag my entire library. The hell? my previous iphone had no issues whatsoever with this. I refuse to believe that providing a media player with universal tag recognition and simple fast forward and rewind capabilities, as well as just a songs tab, is that difficult...
    especially as this all worked perfectly well before the 10 OS and link came along...seems such a basic failing. i've got dozens of compilations which are all listed individually by track now instead of grouped per album as they should be....if itunes and my ipod can do it, sure blackberry can....
    Last edited by kevfromkent; 05-13-13 at 08:58 AM.
    05-13-13 05:35 AM
    Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:42 AM
    God this is irritating. I have about 30 GB of EDM on my phone and the thing with this type of music is there's usually like 2-3 artists involved on one track, e.g. "will.i.am feat. Eva Simons - This Is Love (Paris & Simo remix)". I have most of my EDM under the same album "beatseekers" but because this stupid *** player groups only the same artist AND albums together, I have about 500 different "beatseekers" albums when scrolling through albums on my phone. Not grouping songs only by album really goes against logic, what the hell is going on here? From what I'm reading here there might not be any fix, unless I want to change every beatseekers track to the same artist, which I am most definitely not willing to do... I guess all we can do is hope they change the way the software groups songs. Maybe we should all send this suggestion to them?
    09-14-13 02:57 PM