I have a Z10 on Verizon. Out of the blue the mic stopped working -- no software changes -- no drops -- no water damage. BB diag app would play back a sort of hissing noise on the "audio record" test.

So I bought a new mic off of eBay and carefully replaced it. Still nothing. Now when I run the diag I get nothing at all.

So, I am guessing the replacement mic I bought is also bad? Or could it be something else? I saw someone on here say they bought a mid frame assembly and replaced it to fix this issue. So the mid frame includes what components?

If I do buy a mid frame do I need any certain assembly for a Verizon Z10?

Sucks because this phone is in great shape otherwise.

Thanks.
    11-08-14 02:18 AM
    Recently my z10's earpiece stopped working. Contacted BlackBerry help on their email id,they suggested me to reload my OS which didn't solve the problem. So they confirmed dat its a hardware problem and need to be serviced at a BlackBerry Service center.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 04:56 AM
    I keep having this problem. It keeps working and not working intermittently. Work around for ear piece problem is that I put on head phones during the call and use the option to switch to handset. It works some times.

There are many threads on the forum. Do a search for better idea.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 08:34 AM
    I have a Z10 on Verizon. Out of the blue the mic stopped working -- no software changes -- no drops -- no water damage. BB diag app would play back a sort of hissing noise on the "audio record" test.

So I bought a new mic off of eBay and carefully replaced it. Still nothing. Now when I run the diag I get nothing at all.

So, I am guessing the replacement mic I bought is also bad? Or could it be something else? I saw someone on here say they bought a mid frame assembly and replaced it to fix this issue. So the mid frame includes what components?

If I do buy a mid frame do I need any certain assembly for a Verizon Z10?

Sucks because this phone is in great shape otherwise.

Thanks.
    I did the exact same thing yesterday myself. Put in the replacement mic and then got no sound played back in the microphone test with BBVE.

I took the motherboard back out and cleaned the contacts and slightly bent the springs to give then a bit more tension.

Put it back together and now it's working fine. I wonder if it may have been poor contact all along. The mic was pretty intermittent prior to the change.
    southlander likes this.
    11-08-14 11:19 AM
    I did the exact same thing yesterday myself. Put in the replacement mic and then got no sound played back in the microphone test with BBVE.

I took the motherboard back out and cleaned the contacts and slightly bent the springs to give then a bit more tension.

Put it back together and now it's working fine. I wonder if it may have been poor contact all along. The mic was pretty intermittent prior to the change.
    Thanks I will give it another try then.
    11-08-14 01:35 PM

These connectors are very small... nice job ;-)

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 01:49 PM
    If you buy the midplate it usually does come with a replacement mic. You can get them off of ebay or perhaps blackberrymall.net i had to do the same thing for my gf's z10 at the time. If you do buy the midplate just make sure in the details it comes with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 01:52 PM